• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypernima

Banned
I'm at wits end, y'all.

This Ferguson shit combined with my mother's health (2 strokes in less than 6 months) and general unemployment has me stressing more and more each day.

I'm just mentally preparing for the moment where I either snap, or have an aneurysm. Whichever comes first.

Also... I never thought I would say this, but I'm starting to actively hate White people. So much bullshit from them so far in 2014...

gotta hang in there. times pretty tough right now in the job game.

Silky

Banned
The one simply titled as Bill Bellamy

TYBG.

tumblr_naor23XLBg1s97gowo1_500.png

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Welcome back man.

Legend of Korra actually having a decent season finale? Gotta watch this quick then.

As decent and it will ever get meaning don't rate it based on any avatar the last airbender episodes but based on all the previous korra episodes.

Mortemis

Banned
Someday, someday gaffers will hopefully be able to think that there's no reason to post every small weird thing you do. Like no one needs to know how you're pissing outside to save some bucks, if you want to just do it and keep it to yourself.

As decent and it will ever get meaning don't rate it based on any avatar the last airbender episodes but based on all the previous korra episodes.

Of course, I stopped comparing the two a while back, it will only lead to shitting on lok. But if it's better than the last two, I guess that's good enough.

Crocodile

A non-shit finale for a season of Korra?

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

I haven't been able to catch an episode since it went off the air so I'll have to give it a look and be the judge of that :p

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Someday, someday gaffers will hopefully be able to think that there's no reason to post every small weird thing you do. Like no one needs to know how you're pissing outside to save some bucks, if you want to just do it and keep it to yourself.

weve hit the apex with washing your balls in the sink. theres no going back from that

Slayven

Peeing outside is not something to be gloating over. It is like eating something taht fell on the kitchen floor, it is suppose to be your secret shame.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
you can't compare it to TLA
man nobody takes Slay serious around here

dat was a short month break, I was afraid you were gonna miss the week up to Destiny hype

had to pack and sort out some work related stuff

and lol royalan breh is killing it

I don't really keep up with the modern rap scene (I'm more into the "earlier" stuff like 90s and early 2000s) but I'm amazed that the RBY "saved the game" prompt hasn't shown up before. That is fucking brilliant.

By the way, on the subject of GTAV, I was wondering - do you guys feel obligated to or have an easier time relating to black characters in gaming, or just generally minority characters that correspond with who you are (in terms of sexuality, etc)? I've personally never been more drawn to characters I can relate to from an ethnic / sexuality standpoint, but I'm also just about as majority whitebread as you can get save for the whole pansexual thing. I only really ever feel obligated to use characters like me in games where it's explicitly laid out that the player character is meant to be your avatar, like with GTAO.

Furyous

I am having a shitty year but it's getting better.

I'm still trying to vacate ASAP but it will take longer because I now have three jobs. This whole thing is very superheroish because I work at these two (official) jobs that I fucking hate professionally but then I have to do real shit like create annual reports. That's not be confused with the freelance work I do that keeps the lights on.

I've had two dream of a lifetime jobs offers and had to turn them down. One was a position somewhere in China that was paid. It's a dream job. Another job was consulting position at national firm somewhere in the Virginia. However, they wanted me to pay for relocation...

I am now the old dude working at the restaurant and it is kind of awkward. College angst is funny in hindsight as I interact with them.
I'm scheming on some 22 because why the fuck not? She has dreams and values which is cool but I am going to pilfer.

MERO IS A DAMN FOOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev_PgYdWuaw

One of y'all photoshop experts need to gif her reactions because I'm too lazy.

KumaJG

Only reason DY came back was to recommend me Tales of Grace. You guys gave Star Ocean: Last Hope unjustified flack. It is pretty good. Combat slower than a Tales game but blindside more than make it for it.

DY_nasty

breh you posted about someone's public display of religiousness once a week lol no need to front about it now
Only reason DY came back was to recommend me Tales of Grace. You guys gave Star Ocean: Last Hope unjustified flack. It is pretty good. Combat slower than a Tales game but blindside more than make it for it.

Its not really all that unjustified - I really like SO:LH's gameplay but you gotta admit that nearly everything outside of the battles is garbage, pointless, poorly designed, or a general negative.

Graces is... its almost more of the same. The cast isn't as bad (because that's impossible) but it still pushes one of the most idiotic leads ever. Story is one wave of meh after another. Crafting is just plain weird too.

The games both have huge, offputting flaws but they both have some of the best gameplay in their genre.

KumaJG

breh you posted about someone's public display of religiousness once a week lol no need to front about it now

Its not really all that unjustified - I really like SO:LH's gameplay but you gotta admit that nearly everything outside of the battles is garbage, pointless, poorly designed, or a general negative.

Graces is... its almost more of the same. The cast isn't as bad (because that's impossible) but it still pushes one of the most idiotic leads ever. Story is one wave of meh after another. Crafting is just plain weird too.

The games both have huge, offputting flaws but they both have some of the best gameplay in their genre.

I like the exploration/gathering system because it is rewarding. Not going to use the crafting system until I have to. I am on the third planet right now and I already hate 3/4 of the characters(this includes the lead). The game is better than what I expected.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

Of course, I stopped comparing the two a while back, it will only lead to shitting on lok. But if it's better than the last two, I guess that's good enough.

hmm yeah a lot better than the last two korra finales.

DY_nasty

the only thing more shocking than chrissmoove's face is chrissmoove's girl

he made it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom