• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion |OT|

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Now those are reasonable to pay $1.99 for :D

Xdrive05

Does anybody know if we can spawn items yet (in the PC version) because I really, REALLY want to get my pirate sword back. :(

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Xdrive05 said:
Does anybody know if we can spawn items yet (in the PC version) because I really, REALLY want to get my pirate sword back. :(

I'm sure you could use the TES Editor to create the item and place it somewhere in the world.
I did that for morrowwind once,

Just find a room somewhere and create and place the item there.

So I'm doing one of the DB quests where
you have to systematically take out the woman and her family. Her last 2 kids are guards of course and I waited for them as long as I could to be in a secluded spot, but they never went anywhere. When I slaughtered them I decided that I wanted to try to resist arrest for the first time (I was sick of losing my gold).
So obviously, when you resist arrest, they all come out of the woodwork. I murdered all the guards that came, but the evil fighting music never stopped playing and any town I go to now, I get attacked without the pop up to go to jail or pay the fine. The fine is so high now, there's no way I can afford it anyway. I can't turn the fuckers off! I can't wait, or do alchemy, or repair my shit or fast travel or anything else because 'enemies are nearby'. I can't do quests, because they come through the doors with me and beat on me while I'm talking to people. :mad:

Now I live in teh woods because they can't bother me there. Please, god, tell me how to turn this madness off. 8..(

SonnyBoy

What the fuk? I just purchased a paint horse for $500 and now when I put my cursor over the horse its read. I know damn well the thing said "my horse" when I 1st purchased it.

Im not too far in the quests and that $500 wasn't easy to come by!

syllogism

Hahah here's a fun exploit:

1. Combine fortify magicka with weakness to magic
2. Combine fortify restoration with weakness to magic
3. Combine some fortify skill/attribute with weakness to magic
4. Keep casting them until your skills satisfy you
Jumping with fortified acrobatics isn't healthy :(

I'll have to test alchemy next

syllogism

Ghost said:
:lol, i want a video of the fall :D

A few seconds after taking those screenshots I coudln't see anything and it was impossible to tell if I was still going up or down :( I quit, but now I'm going to fortify some other skills

edit: doesn't seem to work well with other skills

knitoe

Fighter Guild Questline help:
The quest where you are suppose to rescue a Lady Troll from ogres. The lady ran into a cave. I cleared the whole cave + any trolls around the cave, but the damn bitch, continues to tell me to go kill them. What the hell am I suppose to do? Is there something I need to pickup?

Waku

Suikoguy said:
Now those are reasonable to pay $1.99 for :D

Maybe for all of them together.

But seriously, i think it's really sad when you look that just a Year back we were getting something like the Unreal Tournament ECE Pak with massiv newe Content like numerous maps and completly new Vehicles completly for free and today we are gettin charged for a Fashion Statment for the Horse, something what looks like ONE new quest and a Wizard Tower. I know that Bethesda is just testing a new Ground for viable new Income Sources but I sincerly hope that it bombs, at least in the way it is now with such little substance to it.

I guess PC Users are better of with this, cause i can easily see Mods which will outshadow them just a few Weeks or Months down the road. I mean just look at what the Community allready did with the Ftrid Farm or this Underground Alchemy Lab.

Waku said:
Maybe for all of them together.

But seriously, i think it's really sad when you look that just a Year back we were getting something like the Unreal Tournament ECE Pak with massiv newe Content like numerous maps and completly new Vehicles completly for free and today we are gettin charged for a Fashion Statment for the Horse, something what looks like ONE new quest and a Wizard Tower. I know that Bethesda is just testing a new Ground for viable new Income Sources but I sincerly hope that it bombs, at least in the way it is now with such little substance to it.

I guess PC Users are better of with this, cause i can easily see Mods which will outshadow them just a few Weeks or Months down the road. I mean just look at what the Community allready did with the Ftrid Farm or this Underground Alchemy Lab.

I'd agree with you, but it could also mean the end of the Elder Scrolls Toolset when Elder Scrolls V is released. :(

Sysgen

LakeEarth said:
So all these 'fortify' spells, what do they do? Make you store more meter? I don't exactly have the cash to burn to check.

Buff your attributes, make you stonger, more intelligent (gives you more mana), more willpower (makes your mana regenerate faster, more resistant to magic) etc...

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
syllogism said:
Hahah here's a fun exploit:

1. Combine fortify magicka with weakness to magic
2. Combine fortify restoration with weakness to magic
3. Combine some fortify skill/attribute with weakness to magic
4. Keep casting them until your skills satisfy you
Jumping with fortified acrobatics isn't healthy :(

I'll have to test alchemy next

My new goal in life is to jump just high enough to land ontop of the tower in the Imperial City

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
If your acrobatic skill is high enough to jump very high, wouldnt it also be high enough to make it so you dont die when you land? I want to make Hulk-esque leaps across the land (though i imagine the loading pauses would be tiresome.

gblues

Banned
Ghost said:
If your acrobatic skill is high enough to jump very high, wouldnt it also be high enough to make it so you dont die when you land? I want to make Hulk-esque leaps across the land (though i imagine the loading pauses would be tiresome.

Err, did you ever play Morrowind? Remember that mage that just fell out of the sky right outside Seyda Neen?

There comes a point where no amount of Acrobatic skill will save your ass when falling from like 2 miles high. ;)

Nathan

gblues said:
Err, did you ever play Morrowind? Remember that mage that just fell out of the sky right outside Seyda Neen?

There comes a point where no amount of Acrobatic skill will save your ass when falling from like 2 miles high. ;)

Nathan

:lol That was a very funny scene. I had forgotten about that one.

Cahill

Banned
Anyone here decide to just say "screw it" and stay a Vamp? I got the disease last night and think Im just gonna enjoy the stat increase and deal with the issues it poses. Who needs the beach anyway? I'd rather be partying @ 3 in the morning. :D

Ghost said:

Wouldn't a CE feather enchantment let you glide down? That's how it worked in MW.

Prine

Banned
Dont think i've ever played a game with a more satisfying bow+arrow mechanic. Love the way enemies react when you deliver the final death arrow.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Confidence Man said:
Wouldn't a CE feather enchantment let you glide down? That's how it worked in MW.

no, there was a spell in Morrowind called "slowfall" that reduced your falling rate. I can't check now, but I don't think it's in Oblivion.

Speevy

Banned
That frenzy spell is crazy, because I never even tried it in Morrowind. Not once. Being able to make NPCs killl each other off is just hilarious.

Xdrive05

Okay, I have some very important questions about home ownership:

1.) I just bought the crappy waterside house just outside of the Imperial City (near the ship dock) for 2000 gold. Are there better deals available for getting a house in the game? (I'm not even sure where to begin to look).

2.) The house I bought doesn't have a Chest. Are there houses available in the game that have Chests in them so that I can store my items there?

3.) Since the house I bought doesn't have a chest, is it okay for me to DROP my items on the table/floor? Will they still be there just laying around like that later?

I appreciate the help. It's kind of important and I don't know a lot about owning houses in the game.

Xdrive05 said:

1.) I just bought the crappy waterside house just outside of the Imperial City (near the ship dock) for 2000 gold. Are there better deals available for getting a house in the game? (I'm not even sure where to begin to look).

2.) The house I bought doesn't have a Chest. Are there houses available in the game that have Chests in them so that I can store my items there?

3.) Since the house I bought doesn't have a chest, is it okay for me to DROP my items on the table/floor? Will they still be there just laying around like that later?

I appreciate the help. It's kind of important and I don't know a lot about owning houses in the game.

You can buy chests and other things for the shack at one of the shops in the market district.

Suikoguy

Xdrive05 said:

1- There are better houses, but that is the cheapest
2- You can get addons for the house, check your questlog for a waypoint to a location to buy extra parts. Its in the market district, at the Three Brothers trade goods
3- I think everything in your house stays, but i've not tested it, your best off spending the gold to get at least one container to put your very important items into.

Edit:

There are houses in

Bravil - 4k, Talk to Count Gegulus Terentius, with a Disposition of > 50
Bruma - 10k, Talk to Countess Narina Carvain with a Disposition of > 60
Cheydinhal- 15k, Talk to Count Andel Indary with a Disposition of > 60
Chorrol - 20k, Talk to Countess Arrina Valga with a Disposition of > 70
Leyawin - 7k, Talk to Count Marius Caro with a Disposition of > 60
Skingrad - Most involved house to purchase, 25k + Quests > 70 disposition. Talk to Hal-Liurz to get started.

Waku

Xdrive05 said:

1.) As far as I know you can buy a House in every major town. Talk to your local Count, but the prices can be kinda hefty. Then there's also the Haunted Mansion Quest in which you get to keep the House at the end.

2.) Go to the Market District. Three Brothers whatsitcalled will sell you furniture for your House.

edit: DAMN YOU

Speevy

Banned
Xdrive05 said:

There are houses in every town, with ascending prices depending on quality.

Three Brothers in Imperial City Market District

It's your house. Turn it into a bone shrine if you want. And yes, things remain.

I got BTMod but for some reason don't have the HP/MP/FAT %'s enabled. I've got to go into the xml config file and tweak some stuff, but i'm not real clear on what to edit exactly. Anyone know how to enable?

So it's confirmed that my White Stallion Inn key does not take the place of having an actual house? Has anyone else who's gotten the Leywinn Knight Errant status tried using the inn as your storage hutch? Will my Orcish Roommate steal all my dope shit?

MUST KNOW.

BenjaminBirdie said:
So it's confirmed that my White Stallion Inn key does not take the place of having an actual house? Has anyone else who's gotten the Leywinn Knight Errant status tried using the inn as your storage hutch? Will my Orcish Roommate steal all my dope shit?

MUST KNOW.

No, he won't steal your stuff, but it will disappear if left out in the open for too long. Only safe place is in your own house.

BenjaminBirdie said:

MUST KNOW.

I've been using it to store all my stuff. I think as long as you're given a key for it then it functions like a house.

Well, I can confirm that the house you have access to once you complete the Thieves Guild missions DOES NOT store your items. I didn't lose anything too precious, but it was still a pain to find that out the hard way.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Speevy said:
That frenzy spell is crazy, because I never even tried it in Morrowind. Not once. Being able to make NPCs killl each other off is just hilarious.

Calm is good too. If you find yourself in over your head and you have a high enough level Calm spell you can use it on opponents to make an escape. If affected, targets go into kind of a stupor for the duration of the spell.

Confidence Man said:
I've been using it to store all my stuff. I think as long as you're given a key for it then it functions like a house.

I don't think this is true at all. I have collected a ton of keys over the course of playing, and those places are not my house. For instance, upon joining the Mage Guild, I got a key for the guild houses, and I can sleep there for free, but it is not safe to leave things there. Do so at your own risk!

Kung Fu Jedi said:
I don't think this is true at all. I have collected a ton of keys over the course of playing, and those places are not my house. For instance, upon joining the Mage Guild, I got a key for the guild houses, and I can sleep there for free, but it is not safe to leave things there. Do so at your own risk!

Yikes! I gotta get my weapons together pronto. I'll read all the books I've got stored up and then throw caution to the wind.

Anyone know a merchant who can break the 4g barrier?

Xdrive05

Jugendstil said:
Well, I can confirm that the house you have access to once you complete the Thieves Guild missions DOES NOT store your items. I didn't lose anything too precious, but it was still a pain to find that out the hard way.

Okay, so just to be 100% sure, every other house should be 100% secure for storing stuff. Right?

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Every time I level up I only get to add three or two points to my stats, so I waited until I got a lot of extra skill level ups before leveling and in didn’t change a thing all that happen is after leveling up I was about to level up again.

I kind of feel I should be adding more points to my status because the game is getting hard for my level 9 assassin.

Richiban

I had a funny moment a couple of days ago.

I was looking to buy the waterfront house, but was decidedly short on making some serious enough cash to finance the little love shack, so I figured "What the hell" and console commanded some gold into my account.

As I was leaving the house I was in at the moment, feeling all smug about cheating the system, an Argonian was standing there. When I came through the door, the argonian stopped walking, looked at me and hissed: "You stink, that gold is not yours"

Wha?!

So I cut his head off.

guysi need help on a dark brotherhood mission...I am t the mission where i have to kill all family members
one of the chicks in the family is GUARD! how do i kill her without getting fined for a grand? ...she never seems to sleep

Top Bottom