• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion |OT|

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Well, the only place I'm going for spring break is Cyrodiil, but I'd like to make sure my package distribution center doesn't close.

Cyrodill is a perfectly nice place to spend Spring Break. There is plenty to see and do, the weather is quite nice, and the Oblivion Gates are open that time of year. But man, I'm telling you, the women are U-G-L-Y! :D

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Kung Fu Jedi said:
Cyrodill is a perfectly nice place to spend Spring Break. There is plenty to see and do, the weather is quite nice, and the Oblivion Gates are open that time of year. But man, I'm telling you, the women are U-G-L-Y! :D

Well, my travel agency is Playstation 3, and I've heard they've squished all the fatties into the back of the plane.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
When is your spring break kev? Mine is March 5-9. I'll probably be playing motorstorm all that week. :lol

And god of war 2 the week I start school again. :(

But all is well, 300 comes out the day before my bday. :D

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Well, my travel agency is Playstation 3, and I've heard they've squished all the fatties into the back of the plane.

Ahh...you go to that upscale, expensive travel agent. I keed! I keed! :D

Seriously, I can't wait for PS3 owners to experience Oblivion. Such a great game, and it deserves to be on as many platforms as possible. Besides, I need a sequel, so the more successful the game is, the more likely that will happen. :)

Y2Kev

Bad_Boy said:
When is your spring break kev? Mine is March 5-9. I'll probably be playing motorstorm all that week. :lol

And god of war 2 the week I start school again. :(

But all is well, 300 comes out the day before my bday. :D

March 12-16.

I've already played Oblivion, but I hear they changed the POV or whatever to make the women less tubby.

Pellham

Banned
my new character is becoming the amorphous blob that hitler described. i dont mind though, i'm on track to spend 200 hours on this character alone, i can't imagine replaying the game and doing more 200 hour sessions.

i like being able to do everything in one go.

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Besides, I need a sequel, so the more successful the game is, the more likely that will happen. :)
We will not see next Elder Scrolls game only if Sun rises to west. Even you know that. Question is when will we see it? Knowing that Bethesda's main focus is Fallout 3, it might take long. This makes me sad :(

GhaleonEB

MirageDwarf said:
We will not see next Elder Scrolls game only if Sun rises to west. Even you know that. Question is when will we see it? Knowing that Bethesda's main focus is Fallout 3, it might take long. This makes me sad :(
I'm guessing another will land in 3-4 years. Not sure which generation of consoles it will make it to. I'd like another on 360. :(

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I hope nobody minds, but I missed the last 100 or so pages, and I picked up oblivion again for PC, since I built a new PC.

I'm looking for a website of must have mods, or at least a list GAF made?

Suikoguy said:
I hope nobody minds, but I missed the last 100 or so pages, and I picked up oblivion again for PC, since I built a new PC.

Gamespot has a very nice feature on must have mods. They also have download links if you are a GS member

syllogism

Suikoguy said:

Perhaps not a must have mod, but this texture replacement mod seems rather impressive.

http://qarl.betteroblivion.com/ba02.gif
http://qarl.betteroblivion.com/ba05.gif
http://qarl.betteroblivion.com/ba06.gif
http://qarl.betteroblivion.com/ba07.gif
http://qarl.betteroblivion.com/ba08.gif
(linked due to size)

Also grab one of the LOD replacement mods. This is probably the best one if your GPU has 512mb or more ram:

Before -> After

If you are looking for something more drastic, Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul 1.3 sounds pretty interesting. Trailer.

edit3923: Sentient weapon mod is pretty nice

A huge list blatantly stolen from SA (thanks Stud_Bagel):

[5/5]Unofficial Oblivion Patch: Fixes a whole shitload of little bugs and stuff in NPC AI scripting, amongst other things. It's a really, really nice compilation of fixes that encompasses everything from Fathis Ules and his ****ed up AI scripting to the Bruma House fireplace, etc. You should really, really get this.
[5/5]Additional Spells - Adds spells to vendors that should have been there all along, like Damage Atribute and Summon Spider Daedra, etc.
[5/5]Fathis Fix - Fixes several bugs with the "Fathis" character, like the fact that he sleeps in the wrong house!
[5/5]Safe Archmage Storage - Fixes some bugs with the chest at the foot of the archmage's bed.
[5/5]My Bruma Fireplace - Adds fire to the fireplace in the player-owned house in Bruma (after you buy the kitchen expansion.) The fire was there already, but Bethesda forgot to activate it.
[5/5]Hermaeus Mora Daedric Quest Fix - There is a really annoying bug with the spell you get during this Daedric shrine quest. This plugin fixes this.
[5/5]Mages Guild Quest Fixes - Fixes several annoying bugs in the Mages Guild quest line. Watch out for spoilers in the page that describes the plugin.
TSHBITGITFP.Gameplay
[5/5]Potion Sorter - Changes the way potions are named, making it very easy to find the potion you want.
[5/5]Spell Ranks - Like Potion Sorter, but for spells
[5/5]Birthsigns NoMax - Your birthsign can increase your attribute caps over 100.
[5/5]Khajit Night-eye Toggle - Changes the Khajit lesser power from a duration spell to a toggle.
[5/5]No Psychic Guards - Makes it so next time you steal an apple 50 guards don't come running to murder you
[5/5]Alchemy Perks More Potion Effects - It was intended that the amount of potions you could drink in succession was dependant on your Alchemy skill. This was removed from the game, but this plugin restores this ability.
[5/5] Generalissimo's Spire Base Fast Travel - (for use in conjunction with the official Frostcrag Spire plugin) Generalissimo made this mod over in the Wizard's Tower thread that places a fast travel marker right near the door to Frostcrag Spire. Great if you want to use the offical plugin but don't like being placed down a path and below three flights of stairs. For god's sake the original fast travel marker wasn't even in the same ****ing cell as the tower!
[3/5]Natural Wildlife v1.3 - This plugin promises that wildlife will no longer attack you all the time. Some animals could be too scared to attack you in the first place and run away, or flee after a short fight. I'm not convinced this works entirely as intended because I still get attacked by almost every goodamn ****ing animal I encounter in the wild, only rats, dogs, horses and deer seem to sometimes run away. I bet this will soon be fixed though, because it's not that difficult.
TSHBITGITFP.Aesthetics
[5/5]BTMod - Improves the user interface in a dozen ways. This is not installed as a plugin file, read the documentation carefully.
[5/5]Sunlit Interiors - Alters the lighting inside buildings depending on what time it is. The change in lighting makes places look new again, and adds a ton of immersion.
[5/5]Illumination Within V1 - "This mod lights up in the evening, the external windows of most buildings throughout the world of Cyrodil based on various scripts that control time and duration of the "Light on" period." Unfortunately, the window meshes overlaid for this effect look completely different from the original meshes, so if you catch the moment where the illumination is switched on, you'll actually see the windows beeing replaced and looking differently. This can break immersion, but the switched on lights look ****ing amazing. This mod has two ESP files, and you only want to enable one of them. Check the readme file.
[5/5]Landscape LOD Texture Replacement - Makes the distant landscape not look like shit
[5/5]Specular Fix 1.1 "This mod fixes the crashes associated with incorrect specular lighting on some objects. The 30 objects found have now been removed." It does exactly what it promises, this greatly reduced the amount of crashes in certain areas for me.
[5/5]Kafei's Better Amulet Replacer - Massive improvements to all amulet textures.
[5/5]Kafei's Better Ring Replacer - Massive improvements to all ring textures.
[5/5]Colored Map Markers - Changes map markers to colored icons. Goon made.
[5/5]Thacadians Colored World Map - The title of the mod says what it does, and it does it very well.
[5/5]Chase Camera mod - The standard 3rd person view can easily cause motion sickness, especially while riding. This fixes this issue.
[4/5]Vanity Camera Smoother - Smoother movement of the vanity camera (middle mouse button)

Addition.Content
[5/5]Sentient Weapon v2 (link 2) (link 3) - This is without a doubt the best content add-on so far. It adds a quest to the game which upon finishing rewards you receive a sentient weapon which can have one of three different personalities or all of them. Each personality gives the weapon different abilities (not overpowered) and best of all, the weapon talks to you telepathically. Dialogue depends on the personality and there are hundreds of lines of dialogue, each spoken by the author, fellow goon NarkyBark. This is truly a masterpiece.
[5/5]Ayleid Meteoric Iron Weapons: An extension of the Welkynd Sword mod, now encompassing every single type of weapon you would normally find, and some you wouldn't (like a halberd!). Includes daggers, shortswords, longswords, claymores, hand axes, battle axes, halberds, staves, bows, arrows, maces, and great maces (in place of warhammers). It also places these sporadically in the Ayleid ruins all across Cyrodill AND comes packaged to allow full compatibility with mods like OOO so as to allow NPCs to randomly have/drop them. It's pretty ****ing badass. (Here's a link to the thread on the TES forums.)
[5/5]Jounk's Polearms: Adds about forty polearms to the game: batons, warscythes, glaives, and bardiches of different materials. The weapons appear in leveled lists and also on merchants, and they look pretty decent too. Unfortunately, this mod is not compatible with other mods that affect the "Leveled Items Weaponslist", including popular ones such as OOO and Akaviri Imports.
[5/5]Ungarion's Memoirs 1: The Welkynd Sword: Adds in a ****ing awesome looking Welkynd Sword with an appropriate quest to boot. Quest spoiler omg:
The sword is in the hands of the ghost of the Champion of Nenalata who is currently residing in the deepest depths of Veyond, an Ayleid ruin south of Nenalata along the road. Conveniently with a shitton of trolls in it.
The sword is incredibly cool looking, and the ****ing welkynd stones even glow in the dark. :dance:
[5/5]Life 1.2f Translated - Adds about 100 new npcs, living their everyday lives in the different towns. Includes monks, beggars, mages, militia etc. Some npc patrol outside the cities, travel between cities on their own schedules, and a bunch of npc adventurers can be encountered in dungeons, going about their business of adventuring, most of them chill out in towns and engage in conversations or work. I enjoy murdering people a lot so, this is a great plugin for me.
[4/5] Sephis Axes + Tribal Defender - Adds in two items from Guild Wars, the Sephis Axe and Tribal Defender. Less powerful versions available from some vendors and a straightforward "quest" to retrieve enchanted ones. The models are really well done, and the (best) weapon and shield are generally pretty useful. (Those who enjoy Blunt will like that the weapon itself is a 1h axe and thus is right up their alley.) Not horribly overpowering, either.
[4/5] Saddlebags - Adds saddlebags to your horses. If you sneak and press spacebar on your horse, you can access the saddlebags. I do not feel this unbalances the game because if you have access to your horse, then you could just fast-travel to a store anyway. This just removes the need to go to a store in between EVERY cave you enter. The more stuff your horse is carrying, the slower it moves.
[4/5]Cheydinhal Pet Shop (link 2)- *5/8/06 Updated to version 1.4* Adds a pet shop, where you can buy baby pets that grow as you level. It's a bit on the gay side, but when you look at the abilities of the creatures and effort put into this, you can't other than admire this. The black baby bear in the initial release was so cute, that I almost peed myself playing with this enabled. Pets: Panda, brown bear, dog, jaguar, red imp. I would rate it 5, but it's really not that essential to have.
[4/5]The Baux custom race - Adds a playable race of rat people. Playing as a Baux makes the game quite a bit more difficult.
[4/5]Blades Ceremonial Armor - Adds a really beautiful suit of armor to Cloud Ruler Temple; change the stats in the CS if it's too strong/weak
[3/5]Challenging Thievery: Remember the vaults in Vivec from Morrowind? Remember how ****ing awesome it was to break into them as a poor bastard and emerge in full suits of ebony and/or glass and several thousand gold richer? This is sort of like that. If it were that awesome it'd be getting a 5/5 but yeah, it's not really terrifically amazing, although it evokes memories of the vaults readily. This adds 4 vaults to the world (one each in Castle Chorrol, Castle Cheydinhal, Castle Bruma, and the Anvil Chapel of Dibella Undercroft). They are fairly difficult to get into, but provided non-levelled loot for the adventurous. The mod also makes a change to how trespassing works, allowing for a chance, based on your sneak skill, for you to be detected by a sleeping NPC as you go about your five finger discount business.
[3/5]Perception (V2.1) - Adds a spell to the game that allows you to use mysticism to gauge the strength of your opponents. Not that terribly useful but nice to have sometimes.
[3/5]Ladies Lighter Mithril Cuirass: Do you roleplay a female character who has a burning desire to get stabbed in her cleavage? This mod is for you. This mod adds a stripped-down version of the standard mithril armor for females to The Best Defense.
[3/5]Imperial City Moth Priests - Adds a whole bunch of Moth Priests to the Imperial City, who go about their days, chilling out, doing moth priest stuff. They live in the Temple district in a basement that was added for their beds. Could have more priests in it, or have the priests do something interesting or useful. It's neat though and doesn't break anything.
[3/5]Guide Books - *Unbalancing* Adds 5 new books to the game with useful tips, like the position of all daedric shrines (with maps), doomstones, trainers, some goon alchemy recipes, and how to start all the miscellaneous quests in the game.
Addition.Gameplay
[5/5]Misc Tracker - This mod shows messages that notify you of your fame/infamy changes as well as bounties and reason for bounties, and wether someone noticed a murder you commited or not. This is very useful for me, because I have a passion for murder.
[4/5]Auto Harvesting[Flora]: This mod causes the appearance of flora to change when they are harvested, and also includes a ring that, when worn, will automatically harvest flora as you pass nearby.
[4/5]Book Placement - Do not even try to move books without this, this is amazing for organizing your library
[4/5]Freeze Tag - *Unbalancing* Lets you buy a non-hostile, easy to cast paralysis spell. Great for screwing around with NPCs.
[4/5]Call Steed 3.0a - Gives you the means to command your horse(s). Not compatable with the buyable Horse Armor mod.
[4/5]Drop Lit Torches in Combat - If you draw your weapon while a torch is eqipped, the torch is dropped to the ground. If you pick up that torch while your weapon is sheathed, that torch is equipped automatically. You can also use a hotkey to drop torches while your weapon is out. It works perfectly, but there are some annoyances due to limitations in the scripting system. You'll get messages about the torch being picked up and equipped, accompanied by the item-picked-up sound.
[3.5/5]Welkynd Cluster Treasure Mod Version: Ever wanted to loot the contents of a white welkynd cluster in an ayleid ruin? Now you can! There's a 75% chance of finding an empty levelled soulgem, and a 25% chance of finding a special "welkynd stone", an item functionally equivalent to a sigil stone. These special welkynd stones also level with you, even up to level 35 and 50, so they are eventually more powerful than sigil stones. This mod is simple, sort of fun, and probably game-breaking.
[3/5]Better Enchanting and Spellmaking - Adds altars of enchanting and spellmaking to every chapel, and upon reaching the Wizard rank in the mage's guild you get additional spells that allow you make new enchantments and spells on the road. After my initial satisfaction with this, I have to admit it's a bit unbalancing, because it reduces the effort required to make to make spells and enchantments.
Addition.Aesthetics
[5/5]Custom Paintings - This allows you to prepare your own paintings in photoshop, then put them in the game and decorate your house with it. Also, OverloadUT gets a goony goon Goon bonus.
[4/5]Female Imperial Dragon Armor: I may have seen this here but it's quite worth repeating. All this does is provide a female cuirass for the damn Imperial Dragon armor (both light and heavy) so that it doesn't look like your poor bitch is wearing a box over her torso. It might somehow conflict with other mods that screw with the armor, so be forewarned. (Scroll to the bottom of the page for the actual download link.)
[4/5]Multicolored Glass - Of all the multicolored glass mods, this one is the best. Instead of replacing glass armor and weapons completely, it adds new colored sets to the game. Red, yellow, black, blue, purple in addition the standard green. Every glass weapon and armor piece including arrows is available in all colours. Not rated 5, because only the player can get the armor sets, and they can only be bought, not found or looted.
[4/5]Reznod Mannequins - You'll be able to buy marmor or wood mannequins to display your armor collection in your house. The mannequins can now take poses on command. Unfortunately they can't wear stolen armor pieces, which is pretty annoying sometimes. *Warning* - the mannequins seem to have a bug where they might disappear. Don't put anything too valueable on them.
[4/5]Glittering Prizes - Adds an animated sparkle effect to gold and jewels. It looks good, but it's just slightly gay.
[3/5]Days & Months - On the Rest menu, you can see the regular name for the day and month (I.E., Wednesday, April).

Replacement.Content
[5/5]Axebane's Hunters Mod 2.0 - Wildlife drop more items, like extra meat and valuable hides. Includes the Natural Wildlife tweak.
Replacement.Gameplay
[5/5]Seorin's Leveling System - Changes the leveling system to a more gradual method that does not encourage odd gameplay habits.
[5/5]Message Remover Pack - This new version allows you to pick which annoying messages to remove and which ones to keep.
[5/5]Harvest (rewrite v2.42) - Harvested ingredients are now replaced with a version of the plant that has the same size but looks harvested (for example, removed fruits from bushes) the new version is done even more professionally than 1.0. In order to use the new version, you need to have harvest 1.0 installed first, but the TESSOURCE entry links to it.
[5/5]Guild Item Ownership - The items inside guild halls now belong to the guild. You can take certain things as your rank is raised.
[5/5]Quest Award Leveling - For no reason at all, except to piss players off, the quality of unique rewards such as "Cruelty's Heart" depends on the level you receive it at, and it stays this way. This mod fixes this and replaces those items with higher leveled items, once you reach the appropiate level.
[5/5]retroactive health - For no reason at all except to punish the player, health gain is calculated from your current endurance on level up. That means that if you don't train your endurance early on you lose out on a lot of hp gain. This mod fixes this and recalculates your actual health. This is not unbalancing at all. Although you might think that having 800 or so hp at level 50 is a lot, consider that a Goblin Warlord will have more than 1500 hp if you're level 50.
[5/5] Deadlier Traps - Makes traps in dungeons a lot deadlier. Most of the traps will insta-kill now. Without this mod you can always survive getting hit by a trap and just heal afterwards. Now you actually have to be careful!
[4.5/5]Adrenaline Oblivion This plugin adjusts spawns so you fight more enemies at higher levels, rather than the same enemies with higher stats than before. Over all I give it a 4.5/5, the half point is because with so many people on screen it can hurt the fps, but it's still very playable.
[4/5]Harvest - Changes the graphics of harvested ingredients so you know which ones you've picked
[4/5]More Training - This plugin allows you to train 50 times instead of 5 times per level. Sounds like a lot but it's still not as outrageous as back in Morrowind where you could train as much as you wanted, and it's not as if you have to train that often. It's just nice to have that option.
[3/5]Valuable Gems: This mod raises the value of gems by 50 fold and the value of gold and silver nuggets by 10 fold. Now you have a reason to bust open those silver veins.
[3/5]More Merchant Money Balanced - Tweaks the merchants' (and fences') gold and mercantile levels to more sensible levels. Most merchants get between 2000 and 6000 gold, imperial city merchants more. The more gold a merchant has, the higher his/her mercantile skill.
[3/5]Robes Upper Body Only - Simply changes all robes so they only take up the torso slot. Pro: put on greaves while wearing a robe. Con: when any character wearing a robe goes ragdoll, their legs will clip through the robe mesh.
[3/5]Lighter Alchemy Ingredients - Lowers the weight of most ingredients so you don't have to worry about dropping watermelons as much
[2/5]Improved Barter Gold - Makes the amount of gold an npc has to barter with the player dependant on the player's mercantile skill. Proved to be a bit unbalancing with high mercantile skill. (Max barter gold is 85*mercantile = 8500 + mercantile master bonus = 9000 + expert investment gold = 9500)
Replacement.Aesthetics
[5/5]Immersive Interface 1.03 - This isn't actually a plugin. It is a design wizard that gives you a bunch of options for setting up a minimalist HUD. Screenshot examples are provided and everything rocks. Then it installs painlessly over BTMOD or anything else you've got.
[5/5]Visually enchanted weapon customizer - All enchanted weapons have some kind of visual glow around them. This mod makes it so that not only does it look cooler, but you can easily tell what enchantment a weapon has from the particles floating around it. For example flames around flame enchanted weapons, and you can pick between several different styles for each effect. New version works with bows too.
[5/5]Natural Faces v0.9 - This mod changes the npc face textures in the game. It's a vast improvement over the original textures, and at least for me the original faces used to get ****ed up sometimes so that part of the face was invisible and some npc's had one white eye that was bleeding black goo or something. This mod fixes all of this and the faces do look more natural and simply better.
[5/5]VA's Better Gold - Changes the texture on gold coins to match the coin that comes with the collectors edition of Oblivion.
[5/5]Better Beer Bottle Textures - Replaces the textures for Ale, Beer, and Mead bottles.
[5/5]Better Wine Bottle Textures - Replaces the textures for all four types of wine.
[5/5]No Player Combat Groaning - You know longer grunt while attacking or getting hurt. This makes female wood elves playable because they no longer moan like a constipated grandma while powerattacking.
[5/5]Darker Mods Pack - A few mods are in this pack. One makes dungeons darker, one makes nighttime darker, and one makes Kvatch stop burning after a while. The Kvatch one is pretty cool on it's own, and the lighting mods are awesome when combined with Drop Lit Torches in Combat.
[5/5]Eshmes Female Bodies and Clothes This mod adds several different kinds of female underwear and has completely repainted female textures. They are completely naked underneath of course. These nude textures are way better than the ones I reviewed earlies free of glitches on the tits.
[4/5]Nude Topless Texture Revamp - Tits, lmto. They are good tits, but could be better. Doesn't get a five, although it's the best tit replacement so far, because the tit graphics are still a bit wonky. The tits may have been fixed while I'm writing this, because the author is a tit enthusiast and works hard to provide us with quality tits. The download server for this plugin crashes a lot or runs out of bandwidth, so have a bit of patience.
[4/5]All the 'Open Cities' mods - These mods incorporate several cities into the world at large and eliminate the loading screens. You can just walk right into the gate. It's definitely a tiny change, but I appreciated it and it was cool to look down into a city from above and see all the buildings and people in the same was as if I were actually in the city.
This also means you can ride horses in town, which is :c00l:.
[4/5] Better Staff Textures - Updates the staff textures to a newer, high-rez version. Looks very nice and a lot like actual wood. Kind of bright wood, though.
[4/5]Natural Environments - "Natural Environments is an attempt to enhance the original appearance of Oblivion's weather and water components." I would have to say this attempt succeeds, it looks sweet. Especially the water and snow are beautiful.
[4/5]Better Nightsky - Gives you a choice of different nightskies with more and better stars, improved textures for the two moons, or you can replace them with different looking moons if you like.
[4/5]Dark UI - This reduced my eye strain. Many inventory icons look strange while using this.
[3/5]Chameleon-NoRefraction - Changes the chameleon effect from an ostentatious predator-looking curvyblur to a subtle fade. If you've been looking at the default effect for a while and you've gotten sick of it, this is a welcome change.
[4/5]Detect Life X-Ray Vision - This mod changes the shader applied by the Detect Life spell. The new effect is just a simple 'glowing membrane' sort of thing that you see during almost any spell effect. You can see it through walls, so it's easy to identify what enemy is around the corner. This plugin becomes awesome when combined with the Darker Mods Pack because fighting neon skeletons in complete darkness is actually really cool. Other notes: this effect never reduced my frame rate, even when lots of NPC's were around. However, the NPC's look HORRIBLE close up because the effect makes their head transparent and you can see their mouth-hole.

Cedeo

I had Oblivion I while ago for the 360, but I sold it, I'm starting to miss it now and want to buy it back. Now my PC rig is up to scratch, I was wandering if I should get it for 360 or the PC, I like the idea of mod's etc but I use my 360 alot more nowadays, also I would most likely get Shivering Isle as DLC for the 360, but maybe the prospect of flying pegasus's and everything is a better deal , any suggestions?

Sorry for bumping.

raYne

Cedeo said:
I had Oblivion I while ago for the 360, but I sold it, I'm starting to miss it now and want to buy it back. Now my PC rig is up to scratch, I was wandering if I should get it for 360 or the PC, I like the idea of mod's etc but I use my 360 alot more nowadays, also I would most likely get Shivering Isle as DLC for the 360, but maybe the prospect of flying pegasus's and everything is a better deal , any suggestions?

Sorry for bumping.
So why exactly did you update your PC if you aren't going to use it? Why would you "most likely" get SI for 360? Because you have an existing gamesave?

Get the PC version. It's cheaper, plus the obvious mod factor bonus.

Y2Kev

PS3 version was bumped BACK a week. Seems that Bethesda heard my request but got the ****ing wires crossed!

Now I can't go to Cyrodiil for spring break. ****ers.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I took a 10 month break from Oblivion after getting burned out for playing too much...and now I`m back at it. With Shivering Isles so close, I decided to tie up some loose ends, and finish off a bunch of quests in my quest line.

I rediscovered why I love this game. :)

I`m hoping to finish off the main quest line (I spent my entire time playing side quests, haha) and Mage Guild before Shivering Isles hits, but with Gundam Musou out tomorrow, it might not happen. I will damn well try, though!

Bloodwake

So, I was wondering if getting Knights of the Nine for 360 was worth it?

I'm going to get Shivering Isles (possibly) next month and I was wondering whether I shoud buy both. Any impressions on Knights of the Nine?

Bloodwake

Dangerous Porno Pipeline said:
I took a 10 month break from Oblivion after getting burned out for playing too much...and now I`m back at it. With Shivering Isles so close, I decided to tie up some loose ends, and finish off a bunch of quests in my quest line.

I rediscovered why I love this game. :)

I`m hoping to finish off the main quest line (I spent my entire time playing side quests, haha) and Mage Guild before Shivering Isles hits, but with Gundam Musou out tomorrow, it might not happen. I will damn well try, though!

Same here, I just rediscovered the game yesterday, played through the free Mehrunes Razor dungeon I downloaded over the holidays and basically rose my infamy to crazy levels.

I need to finish my Mage Guild, Fighter's Guild, Arena, and Main Quests.... I'm close on the Fighters Guild.

Bloodwake said:

I'm going to get Shivering Isles (possibly) next month and I was wondering whether I shoud buy both. Any impressions on Knights of the Nine?

Got it for the PC and loved it. It is very short, but still cool. I like it as much as the main quest, maybe more.

Gigglepoo

Who doesn't love seeing the resurrection of this old thread?

I'm going to right without spoilers so, if you're not deep into the Thieves Guild quest line, you can just skip my post.

I'm on Arrow of Extrication. After battling through the caves from hell and finally finding my way to this castle of Fathis, I have come to a roadblock. I have fought to the death with a hoard of horrible creatures and conjurers, clearing out the entirety of the anciety ruin. Now it's just Fathis and I. Normally, I would just kill him and loot all that he holds dear, but I can't. I'm the Arch Mage and, by killing a fellow Mage or nicking his stuff, I can be kicked out of the guild. Does anyone know how I can complete my Thieves quest without upsetting my fellow Mage Mates?

EDIT - I'm stupid. He had a chest next to him, in a sea of locked chests, that I was able to open without being a "thieve." So, um, thanks for nothing. :)

My wife requested off a week of work for the PS3 Oblivion release... and then it gets delayed a week! :lol
My poor wife. The only game series she plays is The Elder Scrolls...

madmook

Bad_Boy said:
Any idea why it was delayed a week?
Didn't see any announcements about it, seems like a stealth delay. But honestly I don't mind as long as in the end they are able to iron out all the optimizations they said they would for the PS3 version (faster loads, more stable framerate, better LOD, etc.).

Gigglepoo

I have another question about the Thieves Guild if anyone is feeling especially helpful. I did check GameFAQs first, but, since I'm in the middle of a quest, I can't figure out where I'm supposed to actually go.

I'm doing the last Quest in the line. Right now, I'm at the point where I have to shoot the Arrow of Extraction. I know I have to open a gate and stand between these two glowing rocks, but I have no idea where the switch is. It's definitely not anywhere in the big room I'm currently in. If I go to the East, there is a button that opens a secret door, but there isn't another switch down that path either. Any clues?

BTW - This is quite a horrendous quest. It's the bloody Thieves Guild. I should be sneaking and stealing, not battling the undead in dank sewers. Bah!

GhaleonEB

Gigglepoo said:
I have another question about the Thieves Guild if anyone is feeling especially helpful. I did check GameFAQs first, but, since I'm in the middle of a quest, I can't figure out where I'm supposed to actually go.

I'm doing the last Quest in the line. Right now, I'm at the point where I have to shoot the Arrow of Extraction. I know I have to open a gate and stand between these two glowing rocks, but I have no idea where the switch is. It's definitely not anywhere in the big room I'm currently in. If I go to the East, there is a button that opens a secret door, but there isn't another switch down that path either. Any clues?

BTW - This is quite a horrendous quest. It's the bloody Thieves Guild. I should be sneaking and stealing, not battling the undead in dank sewers. Bah!
You want to hit the statue with it's hands up in the air, IIRC. Look at it, there's a keyhole there. Go back to the high point facing it, save the game, and try to nail that spot with the arrow.

And don't worry, once the door opens you're on one very, very epic sneaking session. Save before you go through the door!

rod

Banned
i thought this thread would be as good a time as any to ask....im seriously thinking about playing thru oblivion again on my ps3 :D but i wanna see how it runs first, i heard it runs better than the x360 version, is this true? dos anyone have links to any ps3 720p movies?

GhaleonEB

rod said:
i thought this thread would be as good a time as any to ask....im seriously thinking about playing thru oblivion again on my ps3 :D but i wanna see how it runs first, i heard it runs better than the x360 version, is this true? dos anyone have links to any ps3 720p movies?
I don't know if we have any direct-feed movies, check IGN. Bethesda improved the distance objects with a new shader, as well as some other subtle tweaks. The 360 gets the improved shaders and distance stuff through an update sometime between now and when the Shivering Isles shows up. PS3 version apparantly has some shorter loading times as well. I haven't read about overall performance, though.

Gigglepoo

GhaleonEB said:
You want to hit the statue with it's hands up in the air, IIRC. Look at it, there's a keyhole there. Go back to the high point facing it, save the game, and try to nail that spot with the arrow.

And don't worry, once the door opens you're on one very, very epic sneaking session. Save before you go through the door!

My problem is, the place where I have to stand to open up the keyhole is blocked by two gates. I have no clue where the gate switches are.

rod said:

there isn't really any yet (well there is one on IGN but it runs like shit and don't think its a good representation). But I'm eager as well. So eager that I traded in my 360 version towards the PS3 sku :)
As someone who has played through the 360 rather extensively, I will be throwin up alotta impressions when it comes out in a little over a week...

GreekWolf

GhaleonEB said:
The 360 gets the improved shaders and distance stuff through an update sometime between now and when the Shivering Isles shows up.
Heard a rumor that the 360 will get the PS3 shaders and draw-distance update in two weeks. So I'm holding off on starting a new character until then.

Gigglepoo said:
My problem is, the place where I have to stand to open up the keyhole is blocked by two gates. I have no clue where the gate switches are.

The switch is in a different room I believe, through a load door. It's kind of random.

Gigglepoo

Confidence Man said:
The switch is in a different room I believe, through a load door. It's kind of random.

I found it. I must have hit it twice or something the first time. Ugh... so lame! Hours of my time wasted. Wasted I tells ya!

Thanks for the help.

Cedeo

raYne said:
So why exactly did you update your PC if you aren't going to use it? Why would you "most likely" get SI for 360? Because you have an existing gamesave?

Get the PC version. It's cheaper, plus the obvious mod factor bonus.

Yes, mainly for my gamesave but because It's easier for me to download it I guess, I live in the country so I usually buy online or get lots of stuff I want when I go to game stores in the city. Cheers for your advice, I just ordered it with KotN and Shivering Isles pre-order for the PC.

Mau ®

Do you guys think Shivering Isles will wind up on PS3? Im getting a PS3 soon and getting rid of the 360...

Its the best selling preordered PS3 game right now on EB so hopefully it'll sell enough to get SI.

Bloodwake said:

Nights of the Nine is one of the best questlines in the entire game, imo. It starts off pretty slow making you visit some off the beaten path shrines that aren't on your map but after that it picks up quite nicely. If you're going to buy DLC for Oblivion, buy this.

rod

Banned
damn i cant wait to play this again....i still remember absolutely hating the game until i started a guild. WOW. so much fun. and like every questline in the game is stupidly fun! and the music is beautiful. even though there was only a few amount of songs i never got tired of listening to them.

i havent kept up with shivering isles, what is it? expansion? new huge oblivion game set in tamriel?

inthezone said:
Do you guys think Shivering Isles will wind up on PS3? Im getting a PS3 soon and getting rid of the 360...

Its the best selling preordered PS3 game right now on EB so hopefully it'll sell enough to get SI.
It will. I don't have the links to the interviews that say it will but I've read more than once that it will.

FrankT

GreekWolf said:
Whoop, there it is.

Shivering Isles hitting Xbox Live on March 27th for 2400 points :)

Oh nice, what's that come out to be in real $$. Scratch that I see it says 30 or 2400 points. I assume they're the same.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
I think it's time to start putting together a new PC. The expansions are always so much more fun on the PC due to all the extra mods. Putting that together with my nice new 360 gamepad USB wireless receiver, I'll be in Oblivion nirvana.

GhaleonEB

SteveMeister said:
New Fan Interview questions answered. Mostly regarding Shivering Isles.

There is Ruin’s Edge, a bow that will afflict a player with random effects. There is Duskfang/Dawnfang, a sword that counts it’s kills and gets more powerful. All told there are about 200 new weapons and 80 or so pieces of armor, many of which have different versions for different levels they might found at.

New Sheoth has a graveyard. Each citizen that dies gets a tombstone in the graveyard with a fun epitaph.Most of the creatures have some special ability or interesting weakness. For example, the Grummites heal in the rain. The Gnarl gets larger and tougher if you hit it with fire, frost or shock spells. The Scalon can turn invisible while stalking you.

I plan on putting those two together. Was leaning towards an evil character, but those sealed if for me. :lol

There are over two dozen dungeons scattered around the Shivering Isles. There are over a dozen or camps occupied by Zealots and Heretics. Throw in the 20 or so obelisks that spawn Knights of Order, and there is plenty of opportunity for adventure.

wwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Top Bottom