• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition |OT| Winter is Here

Had Lydia as my follower and she disappeared hours ago. Don't care.

Then met Serana as part of the Dawnguard DLC. Had her accompany me for a while since she's a good fighter. Now ready to continue her quest line (take her to her home) and she's just gone. Disappeared. So that's two followers gone and Serana sucks especially since now I can't continue the quest. This is really lame.
At what point did you lose both of them? They could be stuck in a doorway or other phase point somewhere.

I thought I lost Lydia after she got orbited by a giant but she randomly showed back up several days later.

At what point did you lose both of them? They could be stuck in a doorway or other phase point somewhere.

I thought I lost Lydia after she got orbited by a giant but she randomly showed back up several days later.
I'm 22 hours into the game and lost Lydia at like hour 2. So I don't expect to ever see her again.

Serana is much more important. She could be anywhere I guess. The quest line is just dead now. It's crazy that this can happen. There should be a manual way to respawn followers for how common this is.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Lost followers was an issue in the original. There was a console command to teleport them to you. There might have been another way to get them back but I don't remember.

Speaking of followers.

I have a very high sneak skill thanks to alchemy/enchanting glitching. Sneak is improved by 20000% and I have on quite a few occasions slit the throat of Lidya.

Poor lady doesn't deserve such. But a reload always saves the day.

playXray

I'm 22 hours into the game and lost Lydia at like hour 2. So I don't expect to ever see her again.

Serana is much more important. She could be anywhere I guess. The quest line is just dead now. It's crazy that this can happen. There should be a manual way to respawn followers for how common this is.

She may turn up at Castle Volkihar if you continue with the Dawnguard quest - hopefully you can get her back.

If you're on PC you can find lost followers via console command I believe? I could be butchering that information though haha.

If you're on console, obviously you can't do that, but do you have any earlier saves? With Skyrim, even back on the 360, I had hundreds of save points, so I could go back in case I messed up or the game messed up.

I've told Lydia to go back home a few times since she was fucking up my assassinating, and one time I got a letter of inheritance a while later. Stupid Lydia couldn't even go home safely. I had no problem console commanding her back to life though, she had a full dwarven set and Chillrend, she's really useful at keeping the heat off me.

I also have the advanced followers mod and it lets you have up to like 90 followers at once, I had to stop bringing Illia with me because her spinning ice orbs were triggering Lydia into attacking her. Rolling with just Cicero and Lydia is funny though, they just murder.

Then met Serana as part of the Dawnguard DLC. Had her accompany me for a while since she's a good fighter. Now ready to continue her quest line (take her to her home) and she's just gone. Disappeared. So that's two followers gone and Serana sucks especially since now I can't continue the quest. This is really lame.

That was always the nice thing about the PC version--using console commands to bring people back.

Does the PS4 have follower-based mods? Maybe people can bring back lost followers on the mod side.

Angelina

Banned
god i do love just walking around bracing the weathers and enviornemen

22761175178_3d112fabee_o.png

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I hate how the quests are built around fast travel. Enter new town, want to get familiar with the new area, so you talk to a random guy... "Hey I know you just got here but can you go rescue my brother on the complete other side of the fucking map?"

Hey asshole I just got here! Get fucked. But now I have your bullshit clogging my questlog, thanks.

God I miss Morrowind.

Evolved1

Actually while it looks better on Pro, it runs noticeably worse. It's definitely framey now, when it was pretty smooth before. It seems like it's only dropping a few frames, but it's enough to cause stutter.

Melon Husk

Alternate start from Dawnstar should've been way to start the game originally. The place is such a hole you want to escape from there. With a little intro quest, maybe you as a miner's slave, it'd be perfect.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The beta patch has actually been super stable for me after I got past the rough patch in the Soul Cairn. After I powered my way thru that area I haven't had a single crash to desktop since I installed it.

Hope we get SKSE pretty soon and this could finally be the definitive version of Skyrim.

I'm going for a destruction mage character - should I use a staff or dual handed spells?

Does attacking with a staff raise my destruction skill?

Draper

Think I may buy and go for a Gandalf type character.

Years ago when I sank huge amounts of time in it, I was an over powered as fuck melee character.

Is a staff/magic character manageable?

13ruce

Banned
Playing as a melee/magic hybrid is pretty fun. After level 10 i'm gonna try and do the dawnguard quests as fast as possible to become a vampire lord and stop vampires from attacking.... Don't want them to kill important NPC's.

bitoriginal

Game has definitely been a bit choppy at times for me on the pro, not ruining my enjoyment though. Feels good playing this again as a stealth archer. Really wanna try a mage playthrough. I hate having followers though, they just get in the way!

Had to reload because of Serena. Common bug it seems & it can completely lock you out of the DLC

Kamina

Golden Boy
Think I may buy and go for a Gandalf type character.

Years ago when I sank huge amounts of time in it, I was an over powered as fuck melee character.

Is a staff/magic character manageable?
It is, you just have to make sure you are carrying enough filled soul gems for staff recharging with you. Mage armor perk and most of the alteration skilltree are vital for surviving. Also level up enchating skills as many of the help with recharging your staff.
Since you want to play some sort of Gandalf you cna level up one handed to fight them off if they come too close.
If you are on PC or XBox One you might want to look for armored robes mods too.

Draper

It is, you just have to make sure you are carrying enough filled soul gems for staff recharging with you. Mage armor perk and most of the alteration skilltree are vital for surviving. Also level up enchating skills as many of the help with recharging your staff.
Since you want to play some sort of Gandalf you cna level up one handed to fight them off if they come too close.
If you are on PC or XBox One you might want to look for armored robes mods too.

Cool! Thanks for the info

120v

been awhile since i've been on a skyrim binge... feels good man

y'know for a game that gets so much flak for "dumbing down" mechanics i'm sure having a good time building up my character. this is the first time i really did a jack of all trades sort of playthrough with some alchemy here and some smithing and enchanting there, instead of just cheesing it all. all the skills complement eachother quite nicely

shermas

I think my game is glitched... I'm doing the Dawnguard missions and I can't enter the first waypoint, Darkhollow Passage. The temple rises, I talk to the guy, but I can't activate anything. I've loaded old saves and tried a couple times and nothing.

I went into Darkhollow cave when I first started playing and cleared it out... if that messes up this temple part, I'm screwed bc that was HOURS ago. I'd basically have to start over.

Humdinger

As soon as I hit level 20 I started Dong Guard to get Serana. By far the best follower imo.

Dong Guard, lol.

This game is addictive. Sometimes I want to stop, but I have to do just one more thing. I'll often keep playing for much longer than I intended.

I dun a baaaaaad thing

Started a new file as a dark elf, staying true to my Morrowind heart. I love it, I immediately started using Flames as my primary close-quarters weapon and now I'm an assassin/mage. So fun fucking up all these n'wah.

FutbolBat

Banned

Farkas was lost for over a week and then just showed up

FutbolBat

Banned
been awhile since i've been on a skyrim binge... feels good man

y'know for a game that gets so much flak for "dumbing down" mechanics i'm sure having a good time building up my character. this is the first time i really did a jack of all trades sort of playthrough with some alchemy here and some smithing and enchanting there, instead of just cheesing it all. all the skills complement eachother quite nicely
Immersion is incredible even after 5 years

I've passed the point where I left Vanilla Skyrim back then. I'm quite surprised that I'm actually still so early in the main story quest. Too many distractions in Skyrim, I hope I can finish the game this time.

GhaleonEB

My daughter got hit with the castle Volkihar glitch where the gate won't open on PS4. She's not sure what to do. I've seen the tip to use a shout to dash through the gate but she hasn't got dragons in the world and doesn't want to do a whole new quest line to get the gate open. Any one know what to do? It's blocking the entirety of the Dawnguard quest line.

Evolved1

Okay the Pro version of this runs like ass.

I'm done unless they patch it. I'd rather go back to vanilla tbh, at least that wasn't so framey. Increased res isn't worth this trade-off.

Welfare

Constant crashes on Xbox One. Never got them before this update. Getting really annoying as I'm trying to become the Thieves Guild Guild Master and fast travelling to holds seems to be the cause.

Game has definitely been a bit choppy at times for me on the pro, not ruining my enjoyment though. Feels good playing this again as a stealth archer. Really wanna try a mage playthrough. I hate having followers though, they just get in the way!

Whats your setup for stealth archer?

My daughter got hit with the castle Volkihar glitch where the gate won't open on PS4. She's not sure what to do. I've seen the tip to use a shout to dash through the gate but she hasn't got dragons in the world and doesn't want to do a whole new quest line to get the gate open. Any one know what to do? It's blocking the entirety of the Dawnguard quest line.

use a wooden plate to noclip in through the wall.

Top Bottom