• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

Some stuff from Twitter:

Tyre blankets are banned for 2015 (by Scarb)

F1Strategy group meeting in London started an hour ago.
They'll discuss the double points in the last 3 races, new qualifying rules for this season and one veto is enough to block Renaults homologation extension request. (by AMuS)

Red Bull's programme contains "single laps, pit stop practice, aero tests.. Is the RB10 unable to do any long runs?" (by Ted Kravitz)

Renault issued a update for engine software this morning. The software update was necessary, because Toro Rosso had a massive engine failure yesterday. Thats why Renault teams started a little later in the day. (by AMuS)

Shaneus

Vitaly Petrov found a new home at Mercedes' DTM team.

OmuQCsz.jpg

It seems to be a new home for F1 rejects. He can be all buddy buddy with Di Resta now.
I thought Di Resta was joining ALMS (now USCC?), weird. At least Petrov's getting a regular gig again :)

The new Lotus E22 is pretty hot.

"A bit of a flame display on track means we've brought the E22 back to investigate what went wrong"

I thought Di Resta was joining ALMS (now USCC?), weird. At least Petrov's getting a regular gig again :)

It's the same team. Petrov joins Di Resta.

Apparently, FOTA is no more.

From the official FOTA Twitter account:

"I can confirm that FOTA has today been disbanded as a result of its members’ having re-evaluated their requirements in the face of a changing political and commercial landscape in Formula 1.”

DBT85

I'm sad for Danny Ricky if those times are the case, but happy that Vettel will get a good kick in the shins. Sad for KK, but happy for Massa (I know).

Do we know if Williams are sticking with Merc. for a few seasons or are they joining the Honda camp? Is anyone else joining Honda other than McL?

Williams signed on for 7 years with Mercedes.

Hope Renault don't get the extra time.

As if the FIA would allow Red Bull and Vettel to fail this season. Crooked bunch of cunts.
I wasnt aware FIA was thought to favour RBR, if anything, they'd prefer that team's dominance end swiftly, cause its hurting tv ratings. I think the ban on blown diffusers is a pretty good indication the FIA dont favour RBR. Theyre definitely cunts though, for all sorts of other scandalous reasons and their steadfast determination to destroy the purity of the sport with silly fucking gimmicks and a pro-green, eco friendly stance that seeks to turn Sunday races into a LeMans style endurance event

Zeknurn

I wasnt aware FIA was thought to favour RBR, if anything, they'd prefer that team's dominance end swiftly, cause its hurting tv ratings. I think the ban on blown diffusers is a pretty good indication the FIA dont favour RBR. Theyre definitely cunts though, for all sorts of other scandalous reasons.

The F in FIA obviously stands for Red Bull.

ramparter

Banned
Maybe I'm going too far but Lotus seems to be in serious trouble, thay had financial problems and now they seem to be terrible on track, they are always way off the pace and they have probably the most unreliable car right now. Could this be their last year or even worse?

Staab

Lotus are the only team to have skipped the first pre-season test, it's expected that they'd have troubles and be behind the others.
It remains to be seen how quickly they can manage to "catch up" though.

Staab

Testing Rundown 2:25pm CET

PER-1:35.570
ALO+0.06
RIC+0.17
BUT+1.33
BIA+2.62
HAM+3.47
MAS+3.75
VER+4.06
GUT+4.40
MAL+6.04
ERI+6.94

Testing, how does it work?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
And Mercedes are done for the day :
@MercedesAMGF1: "A gearbox problem means that's the end of running today for @LewisHamilton. A total of 89 laps completed today."

Looks like Mercedes is pushing their components till the end, i wonder if this is still the first gearbox that they used in this test. But we will never know, testing is testing and I am sure that part of it is bringing components to full stress, as Nico told yesterday.

cmr-94

Omnicourse reporting that Mercs new nose failed its crash test (meant to look great btw). However, got another chance on 10 March to be ready for melbourne

Given the choice I'd have preferred the final three than the last one... but given another choice I'd prefer that they get a clue from somewhere and scrap the stupid idea completely.

mclem

With all the talk of Mercedes being ahead with McLaren and Williams looking promising not far behind... there doesn't seem to be much talk about Force India, who seem to be being quietly reliable and reasonably fast. Admittedly some of their topping the sheets might well be promotional showman times, but even so...

olore

Anyone have more info on Vettel-going-home-until-RB-sort-their-car thing that Benson reported today? Or was that just hearsay?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Anyone have more info on Vettel-going-home-until-RB-sort-their-car thing that Benson reported today? Or was that just hearsay?

I can imagine loud noises coming from RBR motorhome, then sounds of breaking glass and loud thumps in with even louder screams. Seconds later Vettel emerges out with tears on his face, kicking stray cat in anger. After few minutes Horner appear with cellphone asking for certain old person and Newey hangs on his arm, crying with bruise around his left eye.

NHale

I can't wait for Melbourne. It's going to be a lottery because it seems nobody is 100% sure they will be reliable to reach the end of the race.

My guess is that 9 cars finish the race, can't see more than 12. This will be the return of the glorious years of F1 when reliability was always an unknown because everyone had to push to the limit.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Are we doing an F1 management thingy this year? It'd be quite interesting seeing as reliability is a great unknown.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
My guess is that 9 cars finish the race, can't see more than 12. This will be the return of the glorious years of F1 when reliability was always an unknown because everyone had to push to the limit.

I wonder if we'll see spins as well. Can't remember the last time I saw a F1 car spinning out of the race because the driver gave it too much throttle.

kharma45

Yeah I'd say a few will end up spinning it, especially if it was Rosberg iirc who was saying he was getting wheelspin in 5th gear

Top Bottom