• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013-2014 Off-Season |OT| Powered by 1.6L V6 Turbo

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes will start later today, they are replacing power unit - they had this one from day 1 of previous test

EDIT: Beaten like stray cat

Mastah

Engine fire for Sauber this morning

BhnzkecCcAAsqcr.jpg:large

DBT85

EDIT: Interesting summation of events from yesterday by Kravitz
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/f1/9190291/3rd-test-bahrain-day-2--ted’s-notebook

Have you heard about this Penalty Lap thing they have introduced this year? Sorry If its been covered.

They still have the drive through penalty and the 10 second Stop and Go penalty, but they have added this new 5 second one.

Basically, if you get given this penalty you can either take it at the same time as a pit stop or have it applied to your end of race time. If you take it at the pit stop, once the car is stationary you can't touch it for 5 seconds.

Sounds like a better deal than either a drive through or a 10 second stop/go for certain kinds of minor offence.

Also drivers are now allowed an act of celebration after the races or the donut rule as they are coining it.

Also Rosberg expecting tops speeds round 230MPH in China.

Mastah

Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1 2m

Sebastian Vettel's spokeswoman says the world champion will not be going out on track again before 4pm local (1pm GMT)

So 90 minutes till the end.

cmr-94

Yeah, right. They couldn't even hit 340kph with V10, so there's no way now they will get up to 370kph in China. Monza, though, will be superfast.

I imagine they will because they won't be hitting the rev limiter, or at least not until far down the straight. If Rosberg said that then i would assume it to be likely

DBT85

Yeah, right. They couldn't even hit 340kph with V10, so there's no way now they will get up to 370kph in China. Monza, though, will be superfast.

The cars have less drag, accelerate faster thanks to the torque and will have a long 8th gear. I very much doubt Rosberg would have said it unless he's seen it in the simulator.

Unless he's just trying to scare the shit out of everyone else lol

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I think that Rosberg will do some short, low fuel runs on supersofts today. Mercedes posted image of tyres on their twitter yesterday evening.

Williams, Force India and Mercedes already in race simulation, Mclaren and Ferrari will start one shortly

TCRS

Banned
guys I need an iconic F1 wallpaper. I already have that one with the fire coming out of the Ferraris ass, I need another one for my other monitor.

Dead Man

KK and Danny Ricky are the sole reasons I'm concerned, too :/

Danny Ricky (love that name) is about the only reason I will be watching this season. Between F1 being shite, V8's being fucked with pay tv, and NASCAR coverage here being shit, I think I will be following some new series this year. Basically anyone who streams online for free. WEC here I come, I guess.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
100 laps for Mercedes despite engine change and lost hours

And now Rosberg is on supersofts. Felipe also.

I could imagine worse things for Ferrari.

End of the curse! Maybe Stefano will after him to try and save him.

We need more French and British people leading the team and cut down on the amount of Italians and get a German driver. It worked in the past, can't see it fail now.

Racism

Zeknurn

What if they have been running the Australians car for the tests and come Melbourne they have a completely different car for Vettel.

Top Bottom