• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

TCRS

Banned
q7NQZlw.gif

wEbdu3H.png

hahaha

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes wont rush with engine upgrades

Mercedes will not rush bringing in upgrades for its Formula 1 engine, despite the resurgent Ferrari having dramatically reduced its power deficit, says Niki Lauda.

The German car manufacturer is facing increased pressure this year from its Italian rival, with Ferrari's progress having resulted in Sebastian Vettel's victory in Malaysia.

But although things are closer than Mercedes would have liked, the team is adamant that it must not panic and try to rush through power unit tweaks.

That is despite Ferrari using new engines in Bahrain, and being set to unleash some of its development tokens to deliver upgrades in the not too distant future.

Asking by Gazzetta dello Sport whether Mercedes would bring new engines soon, non-executive chairman Lauda said: "No, this has only been the fourth race.

"What may appear as a disadvantage now will become an opportunity when it really counts, in the second half of the season."

Lauda did make it clear, however, that big car upgrades would be coming for the next race in Spain.

"The right thing to do is to not change work programmes on a whim. In any case, we'll have big changes to the car at Barcelona."

Toto about Barcelona updates

Looking ahead to Spain in three weeks, what new features will the team be taking? "Lots of power and lots of updates," he warns. "As a team, you have to keep introducing solid updates and developing the car. You can’t afford to stand still."

Juicy Bob

Poor Nico, man. It's not his fault he has one of the best drivers of all time who happens to be at the peak of his powers for a team mate. #TeamNR6

Shaneus

Poor Nico, man. It's not his fault he has one of the best drivers of all time who happens to be at the peak of his powers for a team mate. #TeamNR6
He's definitely the new Webber then :(

so they'll start getting grid penalties after monaco instead.
:(

Edit: I'm wondering if this means we might see some teams push their engines a little harder? Obviously not RBR/STR, but the Mercs and Ferraris could probably push the envelope a little more.

Holy shit, Bernie is 84? Can't that fucker just die already?

I just have to admire that in how great shape he is considering his age. Still working full time in pretty taxing job and flying around the world. My grandmother is 85 and barely handling her housework anymore.

I just have to admire that in how great shape he is considering his age. Still working full time in pretty taxing job and flying around the world. My grandmother is 85 and barely handling her housework anymore.
The guy doesn't even do his own driving so I highly doubt he's scrubbing his own toilets. But I will definitely give him credit for still managing the sport while at the same time alienating long time fans.

As a reaction to FER resurgence, MER has now officially pushed up the schedule.
Which means, the planned development steps stay as they are, but they will shorten the time inbetween introducing them to the race cars.
Edit: this is not just the engines, but aero and other stuff as well.

That's expected. The question is if Ferrari can keep the pace and actually catch up to them. That's the info we need.

Run Run Shaw (of Shaw Brothers fame) was running one of Asia's biggest media companies when he was 102 or so...

Aiii

So not worth it

Actually, I've noticed that people's health seems to decline rather quickly after they stop working. Completely anecdotal of course, so I have no clue if there's any proven science behind this claim, but the older people around me that kept working (either full- or part-time) seem to be in much better health than the ones that are pensioning.

Again, anecdotal.

Addnan

Actually, I've noticed that people's health seems to decline rather quickly after they stop working. Completely anecdotal of course, so I have no clue if there's any proven science behind this claim, but the older people around me that kept working (either full- or part-time) seem to be in much better health than the ones that are pensioning.

Again, anecdotal.

Not anecdotal, I did a whole piece of work on this just few weeks ago. Short story: people who like their job a lot feel like shit when the retire.

Not anecdotal, I did a whole piece of work on this just few weeks ago. Short story: people who like their job a lot feel like shit when the retire.
This explains why one of my coworkers didn't stop working after she retired. She took on a part time job at the company and it's at the point where she needs to retire...again.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

so is the solution to work til you drop, or transfer to a job you hate just before you retire?

DBT85

2 more weeks. fml.

In the meantime, a recollection of Sennas first race win, 30 years ago with the guy who engineered his car that day. Pissing rain, his second season and only second race in a competitive car and he won by over a minute.

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom...sition---remembering-sennas-first-f1-win.html
Better quality video thats in the article https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRIOKRHhOto

Also, I'm bought that S2000 I mentioned, picking up soon! It's a beautiful drive.

Xun

Anyone know if McLaren are looking to bring any big upgrades for Barcelona?
Alonso has been incredibly positive about the upgrades for Barcelona, so I can only imagine it's a fairly big one.

I look forward in seeing the new livery too.

Mohonky

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/55667788/44971/Maldonado-With-risk-comes-mistakes

Pastor Maldonado says his reputation as a driver who crashes is because he's the one who has "the big balls" to test the limits.

Last Sunday the Venezuelan driver was once again involved in an incident, this time with Felipe Massa.

The Williams driver accused him of ruining his grand prix by hitting the back of his car and damaging the diffuser.

It was just the latest in a string of incidents for Maldonado, who has at least been exempt in one of this year's crashes which was when Jenson Button drove into the back of him in China.

However, Maldonado feels his reputation is undeserving.

"I have always had the big balls to cross the limit every time," he told the Telegraph.

The Lotus driver added: "When Pastor crashes, it's big news. When the other people crash, there is no news. It's like this.

"Normally in the past we saw even bigger penalties for these kind of things [the Button incident]. Similar situations. Especially with me.

"To find the limit, you need to cross the limit. I think I have the big balls to cross the limit every time.

"They were the good things in my career. I have been winning in everything in the past.

"I won in Formula One with a not competitive car, competing against Ferraris, McLarens, Red Bulls. Sometimes you risk and you do mistakes."

Maldonado really is a fucking idiot. He should have lost his super license and drive in F1 years ago. Its quotes like these that just reaffirm that he has never learn't a thing from any incident. He blames everyone else and when there is no one else to blame it's 'the teams' incident, not just his. I have never once seen him admit to any fault and because of that he has never had any incentive to change.

"Derrr I crash more because I has big balls" no you crash more because you drive above your limit you fuckwit; and as we have often seen, your limit is well below those around you.

Shaneus

If this is the case, I guess Scarbs wasn't being fed wrong information. An axial compressor would shorten the overall length of the power unit, since the compressor can lie in the V. It might need a thinner shaft to spin as well. Interesting. PEACE.
I wonder if that's something we could see this year... I guess it depends on how many tokens such an upgrade might require?

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/55667788/44971/Maldonado-With-risk-comes-mistakes

Maldonado really is a fucking idiot. He should have lost his super license and drive in F1 years ago. Its quotes like these that just reaffirm that he has never learn't a thing from any incident. He blames everyone else and when there is no one else to blame it's 'the teams' incident, not just his. I have never once seen him admit to any fault and because of that he has never had any incentive to change.

"Derrr I crash more because I has big balls" no you crash more because you drive above your limit you fuckwit; and as we have often seen, your limit is well below those around you.
I honestly think he's kept around for comedic purposes at this point. I'd trust Krieger's girlfriend from Archer behind the wheel before I ever trust him. This is probably Maldonado's theme song:

ACDC-big balls

DD

And that's why Grosjean (who had the same terrible fame as him) is trashing him at the track.

-Redbull initiated talks with Ferrari to supply engines for next year

Reliable info. The met officially in bahrain

-Ferrari will use 5 tokens by/in Canada which will add up to 30 horse power to their engine

Sorry of old

-Redbull initiated talks with Ferrari to supply engines for next year

Reliable info. The met officially in bahrain

-Ferrari will use 5 tokens by/in Canada which will add up to 30 horse power to their engine

Sorry of old

Well, the 2014 engine can't be worse than the current Renault engine. At least all Marussia cars that have started a GP this year also got to finish it!

Top Bottom