• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

6dNWdKj.gif

untitled-7aboth.gif

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Weather forecast for Sunday hints on possible showers for the race. But there is a slim chance for that.

also rain means that this is it for fast times in FP2. But looks like there are some reserves left for top teams.

New footage and team radio from Monaco strategy blunder:

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/video/2015/6/Moving_on_from_Monaco_for_Mercedes.html

So they wanted to pit Hamilton on first SC lap, decided to stay out, then Lewis started to think Rosberg and Vettel pitted for new tyres, Mercedes didn't inform him and took a decision to pit.

Wow. Mercedes team looks even worse now. No wonder why Lewis and Niki were livid post-race.

Mercedes not being even in top 10 in speed trap in FP2 tells quite a lot

Mercedes hasn't really top the speed trap all year, though, favoring a bit more drag/downforce. Who knows really... but still impressive for Ferrari. I reckon one of them at least will split either Mercedes on both Saturday and Sunday.

Dilly

Banned
Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel has responded to criticism from Bernie Ecclestone that he is "not doing much for F1" by claiming that the sport's chief executive should lower ticket prices to make the sport more appealing to spectators. (inautonews)

Finally someone with some common sense.

I'm guessing Bernie would be happier if he was fucking models and doing the red carpet thing. Can't have a family man as the face of the sport.

It's all just misdirection though. Time and time again Bernie has blamed others for the falling viewership / attendance in F1 over the last few years.

Aiii

So not worth it
and what exactly should Vettel do? Parade with the bigwigs through some countries? tell jokes on twitter?

Bernie legit believes that the reason the German GP is off of the calendar is because the Germans have no interest in F1, instead of the outrageous pricing on tickets and locking the sport behind paywalls amongst many other reasons he is directly responsible for.

Guy has been living in his bubble for too long, completely disconnected from reality.

I mean, there is a chance we're losing Monza ffs. Monza. How the hell do you even entertain that idea? You drive the GP there for free if that's what it takes to maintain a 60+ year tradition. Not Bernie though, he'd rather go to the desert where they will pay him in solid gold blocks to get a GP.

Dilly

Banned
Honestly, with those high prices it surprises me attendance is as high as it is.

€180 just for one day entrance to the Belgian GP, without seating. The weekend pass for the WEC is €30, including paddock acces.

dubc35

Honestly, with those high prices it surprises me attendance is as high as it is.

€180 just for one day entrance to the Belgian GP, without seating. The weekend pass for the WEC is €30, including paddock acces.
56 euro for a GA ticket to all of the 24h of Le Mans week, including concerts on several nights. SMH at F1.

Juicy Bob

Bernie legit believes that the reason the German GP is off of the calendar is because the Germans have no interest in F1, instead of the outrageous pricing on tickets and locking the sport behind paywalls amongst many other reasons he is directly responsible for.

Guy has been living in his bubble for too long, completely disconnected from reality.

I mean, there is a chance we're losing Monza ffs. Monza. How the hell do you even entertain that idea? You drive the GP there for free if that's what it takes to maintain a 60+ year tradition. Not Bernie though, he'd rather go to the desert where they will pay him in solid gold blocks to get a GP.
Bernie's aware exactly what's going on. He is a very clever man.

It's just that his system of charging circuits millions has worked for so long and has always created incredible revenue for the sport, the teams, FOM and CVC every single year. He's a businessman and his business approach is still working even today.

The problem is, his way of doing business is also driving people away from the sport. Pay TV deals are contributing to falling viewing figures, teams are dying from lack of sponsorship and ridiculous ticket prices mean less and less people are willing to pay to attend races. Now this is going to start to seriously undermine Bernie's business methods and he's fucked, because once he starts making concessions to one circuit, everyone else will demand them too.

If the sport continues to be run under the Bernie Doctrine, then the long term future of F1 looks bleak. Bernie is a brilliant businessman, but the fact is the very methods he has used to build the sport up to where it has been over the last few decades now need to be totally modernised in order for the sport to continue to flourish in the decades ahead. Sadly, as long as Bernie's still in power, there's very little chance of that

scogoth

Time supper club and Bueno notte are dangerous. Anyone else hammered in Montreal right now? I've given up on FP3 but I am convinced I will make quali.

Zeknurn

Great news.

F1 SET TO FACE IMMINENT EU COMMISSION INVESTIGATION

The controversial F1 Strategy Group is set to be the focus of a formal complaint to European Union regulators by some of F1′s smaller teams, with the process likely to be launched within a month.
with Bernie being Bernie:
Bernie Ecclestone, who runs F1 Management and who was one of the architects of the F1 Strategy Group, called recently for it to be disbanded, as it is not working as he had hoped.
He told the FT, “It is strange. I would like to know what they [the smaller teams] want. Nobody has ever made any requests to me about what they want. We will wait for the complaint. They all signed contracts. I hope the complaint goes ahead and the competition authorities have enough patience and time to deal with it.”

Top Bottom