• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

spuckthew

Strange how vettel's broken car was only 2kph slower than raikkonen's

I clocked that too. Bearing in mind I have zero knowledge of engineering in motorsport, it would seem acceleration was the issue rather than top speed. They may have also taken some wing off to compensate.

untitled-3n2jxa.gif

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Lewis 336,6 km/h
Alonso 322 km/h
Strange how vettel's broken car was only 2kph slower than raikkonen's
He was dead slow at accelerating out from the corners. They will hope that they can fix that issue under parc ferme rules, if they won't then he will be sitting duck tomorrow

and looks like Mercedes brought more than only 'reliability' upgrades to 2nd engine

Massa

Lewis 336,6 km/h
Alonso 322 km/h

He was dead slow at accelerating out from the corners. They will hope that they can fix that issue under parc ferme rules, if they won't then he will be sitting duck tomorrow

and looks like Mercedes brought more than only 'reliability' upgrades to 2nd engine

Well they didn't bring a lot of reliability as Massa had problems with the engine.

Mastah

Alonso 6th quickest in sector 1 and then the slowest besides Marussias, hobbled Vettel and Massa in S2 and S3. Honda, why do you suck so much? :(

It's so shitty that vettel had the problem. Would've been nice to play two strategies between him and kimi to make sure they capitalise on any merc weakness at any point.

Kimi can one stop. Go for it iceman

Mastah

Vettel handed a five place grid penalty for overtaking under red flag.

Here's the incident.
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/9877309/sebastian-vettel-facing-red-flag-probe-in-canada

"Obviously there was a red flag at the time, I was behind the Manor and I don't know what was the problem with him, he was quite slow and I passed him," Vettel said.

Yeah, we has quite slow, barely over 270kph under red flag conditions... Thankfully he didn't get away without penalty, like he did during quali in Singapore back in 2011.

Ark

Vettel handed a five place grid penalty for overtaking under red flag.

Here's the incident.
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/9877309/sebastian-vettel-facing-red-flag-probe-in-canada

I know the Manor's are slow as fuck, but that was uncharacteristically silly.

Alonso 6th quickest in sector 1 and then the slowest besides Marussias, hobbled Vettel and Massa in S2 and S3. Honda, why do you suck so much? :(

We all knew this year was going to be a total write-off before it even started for Honda, but their reliability this year makes Renault almost look like a competent manufacturer. Still, they've made a lot of progress since Australia and we're not even half-way through the season yet. It's easy to point out how poor their performance is right now, but we should really be focusing on where they've made improvements.

Jibbed

Maldonado starting on the third row... I'm gonna have to record this.

RIP his front brakes, Grosjean, Bottas, Raikkonen, both Mercedes, and the entire Turn 1 grandstand complex.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Maldonado starting on the third row... I'm gonna have to record this.

RIP his front brakes, Grosjean, Bottas, Raikkonen, both Mercedes, and the entire Turn 1 grandstand complex.

Yeah it will be interesting, because he screwed his entry into the 1st corner today on 75% of his laps in qualifying :D

Top Bottom