• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

What's worse is that Bottas is getting a penalty for that, even when it's not his fault. But I guess they have to punish the team during the race somehow.

dakun

Bottas could've easily caused button to spin if he had caught him with the tires. That could've ended horribly, especially because his team was waiting a couple of meters in front of him.

Juicy Bob

It is kinda ridiculous that one brake mistake costs you an entire set of tires.

Yay for these Pirelli's
Pretty major mistake to severely lock up both front tyres like that though.

He's still a rookie, don't forget. He's allowed the occasional rookie error.

Aiii

So not worth it

It was an error for sure, but not sure if that's a rookie error, rather than just a regular driver error. I mean, you see pretty much every driver just get it wrong while pushing once in a while.

Sort of bad stops from Ferrari today. 3.1 second for Kimi and 2.9 seconds for Vettel now.

Hahaha how funny.. I guess?

It actually is funny. TR pulling another team order instead of letting them fight it out, hoping he could catch Kvyat, only to bust their chances for points. A bit of a shame, for sure, but still funny, unless you're somehow invested into him or TR.

Merino

Yes it is definitively a driver error. However I can't think of many examples from 90's and 00's F1 where a driver had to pit stop immediately after making the mistake to lock their tires just to get a new drive-able set.

Aiii

So not worth it
It actually is funny. TR pulling another team order, hoping he could catch Kvyat, only to bust their chances for points. A bit of a shame, for sure, but still funny, unless you're somehow invested into him or TR.

Sainz didn't lose any time other than the overtake itself, though. He stayed on the same pace after Verstappen was allowed to go past him.

dakun

It actually is funny. TR pulling another team order instead of letting them fight it out, hoping he could catch Kvyat, only to bust their chances for points. A bit of a shame, for sure, but still funny, unless you're somehow invested into him or TR.
They are fighting for points to get ahead of lotus. Yeah let them lose millions to Lotus because people would rather see them senselessly fight it out in the back.

Merino

What a fitting end for this season for Alonso.

Which is why I didn't understand the team order.
VES was alot faster each lap. It saves time for both drivers if they don't battle it out but let the pass be quick. It was ultimately in both their interests (and the team's) to let the faster driver go to the front.

They are fighting for points to get ahead of lotus. Yeah let them lose millions to Lotus because people would rather senselessly fight it out in the back.

Again, I'm neutral on that matter and don't care about it. I'd rather see these drivers fight and don't care about their position in the constructors fight. Like I said, if you care about TR or VES, I can see how you might not find it funny. What's the issue again?

Britney is using the old PU in the race?

He is.

Top Bottom