• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Sloane

Banned
On the flip side, Merc about to turn up the heat though, so barring a Merc failure, I don't expect this again for the rest of the season. Those Spain upgrades are about to get expidited shipping.
Merc can't handle the heat. Vettel will have the championship by Mexico, book it.

Pretty good race overall though, probably was for the best it didn't rain. Although I'm not sure what the point of the early safety car was exactly.

lol lol lol this thread

I wish I had the time to scour last years' threads for fun nuggets.

It's not even Vettel's fault, really. Anyone who dominates the sport like that gets hated on. Look at the Mercedes hate last year.

Also, when it conjures good-weather fans like certain loud people, it only gets worse.

Like I said, for me he always drove for the wrong team. But I stand by my opinion. The driver isn't important, what's important are the results.

olore

nLECzKN.gif

OMG hahhaa perfect, seriously, Fernando must be questioning a lot of things right now

Nico - wow - a man who has just seen the harsh reality in the face? And Eddie Jordan is pretty good as an interviewer...

DrM

Redmond's Baby
On the flip side, Merc about to turn up the heat though, so barring a Merc failure, I don't expect this again for the rest of the season. Those Spain upgrades are about to get expidited shipping.

I think they are shipping them to China today. Their own arrogance is biting them in the ass.

Also, RBR will need to redesign their brake cooling, that was like a steam train at breaking today :D

kharma45

definitely. I just self-analyzed myself and realized I never hated one-finger-Vettel with his stupid fucking grin and boyish charm. it was always red bull.

When he was on top gear he was great too. Very charming and funny. RBR without Vettel are still dicks with them now playing the blame game.

kharma45

Would love to see a Hamilton/Vettel battle.

But I expect the Merc upgrades will push them out in front again.

Ferrari has allegedly added another 100m to their F1 budget, and they've also tokens left to upgrade their engine just like Mercedes. Another two races yet before we can make any firm claims but Ferrari I think should challenge well and I don't see them falling behind in the development race.

Leonsito

The gap between Vettel and Hamilton at the end of the race its the same that he got not pitting under the SC, thats were Ferrari won the race.

Clegg

I feel bad for Alonso. The decision to leave Ferrari was the right one, I think. The car ran like shite for years, but he got everything out of it that he could. The lack of improvements in his latter years there coupled with the usual Ferrari incompetence at management level must've pushed him over the edge. But he's somehow contrived to land himself at a team in even worse than his former.

Ruruja

I feel bad for Alonso. The decision to leave Ferrari was the right one, I think. The car ran like shite for years, but he got everything out of it that he could. The lack of improvements in his latter years there coupled with the usual Ferrari incompetence at management level must've pushed him over the edge. But he's somehow contrived to land himself at a team in even worse than his former.

Indeed, it would be interesting to see how his career would have gone had he stayed at McLaren in 2008.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.

kharma45

Things can't get much worse for him. At least with Honda only supplying them it's almost like a works team and we could see a step forward near the end of the year leading into next.

Shaneus

Is this worth watching? I missed the whole weekend basically.

What the fuck happened to the Hondas? And Danny?

And Vettel?!? Was there a fuck up by Merc or are the Ferraris actually decent?

Maybe I do like vettel, it's red bull I hated
I'm coming to the same realization. In his championship years I hated how childish and cocky he was but he matured a ton at the end of 2013 and all 2014. Could do without the pandering though. Going to have this weird thing for the rest of the year where I like Raikkonen and warm up to Vettel but hate Ferrari as a team. Would still give Mercedes the edge for the Constructors' even if the cars are dead even the rest of the season.
Would love to see a Hamilton/Vettel battle.
About damn time. This is one of the few direct rivalries we haven't properly had. And yes I'm completely writing off Rosberg at this point. He's done nothing to prove he's worthy of any extra attention yet. Rosberg, The New Webber™.

Is this worth watching? I missed the whole weekend basically.

What the fuck happened to the Hondas? And Danny?

And Vettel?!? Was there a fuck up by Merc or are the Ferraris actually decent?

As always, watch the highlights. It was a good race and Ferrari won fair. Mercedes mostly screwed up with their strategy.

malyce

The gap between Vettel and Hamilton at the end of the race its the same that he got not pitting under the SC, thats were Ferrari won the race.

Nah, Ferrari won the race when Merc decided to pit under the SC and put both their cars in traffic allowing Seb to skip away. There was no coming back from that fuck up. Even with a slight advantage in tire deg, there was no way Seb was getting past Lewis had they stayed out as the Merc still had the pace advantage.

I don't think Kimi is getting enough love. He had a brilliant fucking drive even with the early puncture and damage to the floor. He could have been standing on that podium were it not for his misfortunes.

Seb lapping both Red Bulls was monumental.

Top Bottom