• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

itsgreen

Funny how Sainz gains 7 places and Verstappen loses a place only for Verstappen to get all the plaudits.

Well if you followed the race, you would have noticed that Verstappen lost 3 places within the first lap (by making the smart, conservative choice of not crashing into other cars).

After lap 5 he pitted and he was 12th, and Sainz 4th... Verstappen was able to turn that around...

Also: the STR on P6 on the grid is above his weight, you should expect it around P9-P12. So it isn't weird that places are going to be lost when starting from P6... at the same time it shouldn't be weird that when you start P15 you are going to gain places...

I am always very critical of VES, but he did a damn solid job, especially his last stint on the mediums... from +8 secs to -10 secs to SAI is incredible in 16 laps

Also his overtaking moves were ballsy but fair.

stryke

Oh man, since I missed the beginning I'm now watching the race start on BBC's websote and I was under the impression Ric majorly fucked up but he actually was able to maintain 4th.

Now half of me doesn't want to watch where it all went wrong for him, the other wants to find out how the hell Raikonnen came back to 4th from a puncture.

Joni

I forgot that tyres never played a role in this sport, before Pirelli took over. Thanks for reminding me.
Bridgestone vs Michelin?
I also believe Pirelli is working to a standard provided to them, they aren't making the best tyres they can. They're making tyres to a level the cars can't have too much free reign.

Humidex

Now half of me doesn't want to watch where it all went wrong for him, the other wants to find out how the hell Raikonnen came back to 4th from a puncture.

Underlying pace of the Ferrari and good pit stops contributed to his race to 4th.

Had he not started in 11th...

itsgreen

Oh man, since I missed the beginning I'm now watching the race start on BBC's websote and I was under the impression Ric majorly fucked up but he actually was able to maintain 4th.

SC a few laps later meant he was able to get to the back of the field... and the Ferrari ran great...

Pimpwerx

Good summaries throughout the weekend, thanks...any plans for more race visits this year?
Thanks for the compliment. I'm considering the USGP. I can double up and visit my friend in Dallas on the same trip.

Exactly the bolded.
Well damn. That's still really stupid, given Pirelli said this could be a 2-3 stopper. After ballsing up the original strategy with a mind-boggling pit under SC, they had no contingency plan for when their new strategy fell apart at the seams; the brilliant strategy of making two sets of hard tires last 51 laps driving on the surface of the bleeping sun. *sigh* I'll get over it. Lewis was still on the same straight despite making an extra stop and running an extra stint on the slowest tire. The Merc advantage is still there, assuming they don't stick their heads up their rears strategically again. PEACE.

Hey guys. Didn't watch the race and I'm on a media blackout.

Anyone can help me? I need a torrent or a stream aite or anything to watch the race..

Plz pm me. Much much appreciated

NxAtKzR.jpg

#TheReturn

TCRS

Banned
I just realized that that driver who crashed at Nurburgring was the winner of the GT Academy 2011. Guy got into racing through his playstation. Doesn't say anything about the accident, it's just interesting.

Humidex

I just realized that that driver who crashed at Nurburgring was the winner of the GT Academy 2011. Guy got into racing through his playstation. Doesn't say anything about the accident, it's just interesting.

Jann as a whole has been done great so far in his career - there was nothing he could do once the car was in the air... :-(

Drivers of the day:

1. Vettel for giving us glimmer of hope for exciting season.

2. Raikkonen for an incredible comeback after lackluster start.

3. Verstappen making a new record for youngest driver to score points.

Honorable mention: Merhi for being able to be on the grid.

Ark

Just caught up with the race, glad to see Mercedes humbled finally by someone. Hopefully Kimi can catch a break for China, would be nice to see him go toe-to-toe with Vettel.

Xun

Good to see a proper fight on our hands, even if I want Hamilton to take it again this year.

Edit: Boos for Hamilton again I see.

Joker_laughing.gif

It's time for Mercedes to hire more strategists. It's clear they might not be as dominant as last season and dumb mistakes like pitting under the safety car can cost them a win. They handily threw the race away. I'm happy for Sebastian though. I like him a lot more now than I did at Ferrari.

RoKKeR

Just finished the race.

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Oh man I am so pumped about that win, good job to Vettel/Ferrari. Loved his radio at the end, dude was fucking pumped!

That was straight up domination from Ferrari, goddamn. And Kimi had an incredible drive as well. Williams looked solid but it's clear they have been outclassed by Ferrari... they could easily nab 3rd again with the way things are looking for Red Bull.

And all and all, what a great race. Some fantastic scrapping, strategy, Mercedes meltdown drama, middle of the pack was fun to watch... quite the turnaround from last week.

TCRS

Banned
he should just accept his inferiority and No. 2 status and stop pretending. should get some tips from massa and barrichello, that'll lessen the anger and turn into silent depression.

Megasoum

Banned
He's playing ignorant for the benefit of the viewer. lets lewis explain it rather than martin turning and talking to the camera to give a mini monologue

Well it's fine for him to let Hamilton explain things but he literally says dumb and wrong stuff a couple of times.

Anyway... Just finished watching the race.... Guys... I went from a Ferrari hater (during the Todt/Schumi era) to a Ferrari fan....wtf

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just watched the race.

Thank you Ferrari.. We have a reason to watch the races this year

I just hope that kimi gets a clean weekend next race

We hope we have a reason to watch this year, and it wasn't a combo of the track and heat being suited to Ferrari, and poor strategy by Mercedes. Does look positive though.

And maybe Ferrari being strong will help Rosberg and Hamilton patch things up? Common enemy etc.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
maybe a fucking energy drink team winning four championships irritated the hell out of us.

Personally it was more the energy drink company running away with things for four years straight, and then whining about unfair competition when it doesn't go their way after only one season.

Top Bottom