• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

hadareud

The Translator
By the way, just how shit is this Red Bull car?

Wonder what the excuse today will be. I mean, it's obviously impossible for a team to compete with Mercedes under the current regulations.

frontieruk

As nice as it is to see Ferrari winning, they finished 8.5s ahead of a team that pitted one more time, made a bad strategy call at the start of the race and then were matching if not bettering the Ferrari on a supposedly 2s slower tyre.

I'm not sure the gap has really been closed, good strategy and inspired driving won this race, not sure that combination will work again as Mercedes will be more aware of the Ferrari's pace and tyre usage.

hadareud

The Translator
Maybe, but now that he's in a Ferrari I can now support him.

When it was Schumacher vs Alonso I never dreamed of liking Fernando.

Schumacher somewhat ruined Ferrari for me at the time.

I hated him. Still do.

He's one of histories greatest monsters.

olore

Red bull got beaten by their smaller team. Heh.

That must be a major alarm call, question is what Horner is gonna do about it. Or rather, in what direction to direct his complaints, if it´s all in the engine and the rest of the car is fundamentally sound barring the high wear rate of the brakes

TCRS

Banned
Alonso - ERS cooling
Button - Turbo

jesus christ. the DC and Button part yesterday was hilarious.

DC: "look at that beautiful tight end" button: "yeah it's geat"

seconds later:

button: "Maybe it's because of that that we are having cooling issues" etc.

WELL THEN MAKE THEM BIGGER YOU FUCKING IDIOTS

John_B

Rosberg 20 points down already. Ouch. His banter with Vettel about inviting him to a technical debrief is strongly ironic.

Impressive stuff from Verstappen today. Paid by Red Bull to make them look bad.

chadskin

CBQS9jrWoAAmiKd.jpg

Schumi and Vettel 19 years ago. Sad he couldn't be there to hand him the trophy for his win today. :(

Schumacher somewhat ruined Ferrari for me at the time.

I hated him. Still do.

He's one of histories greatest monsters.

His current situation is very sad, but he was a constant cheat in his F1 career and he remains the only driver to be disqualified from the championship. Hard to have any respect for him.

As nice as it is to see Ferrari winning, they finished 8.5s ahead of a team that pitted one more time, made a bad strategy call at the start of the race and then were matching if not bettering the Ferrari on a supposedly 2s slower tyre.

I'm not sure the gap has really been closed, good strategy and inspired driving won this race, not sure that combination will work again as Mercedes will be more aware of the Ferrari's pace and tyre usage.

They both had the same tire at the end. Plus Vettels last stint was longer (i.e. older tires).

Nicktendo86

jesus christ. the DC and Button part yesterday was hilarious.

DC: "look at that beautiful tight end" button: "yeah it's geat"

seconds later:

button: "Maybe it's because of that that we are having cooling issues" etc.

WELL THEN MAKE THEM BIGGER YOU FUCKING IDIOTS
Lol nope. No point in compromising your package for cooling, work on reliability and it will come together eventually. Thus was always going to be a testing year

olore

Are you sure that isn´t Jerry Seinfeld with Michaels head ´shopped on? Just look at that high waistline and Nikes...

Strangely exited despite my guy finishing second. Really feel like getting a PS4/XB1 with a wheel and the latest and greatest sim racer...

That must be a major alarm call, question is what Horner is gonna do about it. Or rather, in what direction to direct his complaints, if it´s all in the engine and the rest of the car is fundamentally sound barring the high wear rate of the brakes

They will switch cars with Toro Rosso.

mclem

Diego pronounces 'pit stop' in a way that sounds like 'pissed up'.

We need his opinion more often. I want to learn all about his pissed up team.

Are you sure that isn´t Jerry Seinfeld with Michaels head ´shopped on? Just look at that high waistline and Nikes...

Strangely exited despite my guy finishing second. Really feel like getting a PS4/XB1 with a wheel and the latest and greatest sim racer...

Same. Congrats to Vettel and Ferrari. That was amazing. Looking forward to a Ham/Vettel fight... as long as Vettel comes lol.

Mercedes really fucked shit up, Lewis must be having some McLaren flashbacks.

I hope Rosberg is happy now.

Leonsito

Watching the spanish pre-race now, Marc Gene talking about race strategy and saying on TV that if one team can go for two stops it's Ferrari, and they think they can do it and challenge Mercedes today.

Should have watched Spanish TV, Toto.

Humidex

Is this worth watching? I missed the whole weekend basically.

What the fuck happened to the Hondas? And Danny?

And Vettel?!? Was there a fuck up by Merc or are the Ferraris actually decent?

Watch it. Good racing across the board.

And without any rain to boot, amazingly.

Pimpwerx

Back from the track. I was so mad, I didn't feel like watching the podium celebration. Hell, I went and copped a smoke for the last handful of laps.

Sunday notes:

- Good win for Vettel. The Ferrari has legit pace. I'm impressed. Merc is still quicker over a lap, but Seb drove a brilliant race.
- Can someone explain to me why Lewis was put back on a second set of hard? Wasn't the first stint enough? Was he lacking an extra set of mediums or something? I thought he would catch Seb easily on the last stint, if he had sorts. It makes ZERO sense to make him to an extra stop, then give him two stints on the slowest tire. Fucking stupid. If I was home watching this, I'd have thrown something at the TV. Unfortunately, I think that sort of thing is frowned upon at the track. So I hurled a bunch of expletives instead. This was one of the dumbest strategic races I've ever seen. Impossibly stupid.
- Who cares about anyone else in the race? I'm mad.

- In the Malaysian sports car series, the fat guy won again. He's good.
- The same blue Integra I spoke of yesterday also placed once again. Dude knows how to drive, flat out.
- The second place car was driven by a Claire Jedrek. I only made note because she drove the wheels off the car, and I was surprised to discover she was a woman. I just Googled her, and she's like a fitness model too. I'd like to see her in a higher series. She showed well today

- TCR International is about cost reduction. The Opal Astras had overheating problems but solved it by buying an otc radiator from a local shop.
- Apparently the car formula overlaps with other series, so teams can run the same car in multiple leagues.
- Both the safety car and medical cars are faster than the TCR cars.

- Lines for autographs were retarded long. Didn't even attempt to get in the queue.
- Race headphones are a scam. All you need is an FM tuner. My phone has an FM radio app. Win!
- I sat in the upper level across from the television on the back straight. There's no way in hell I was going to fly all this way and not see the race on my terms. It also helps that ticket checkers paid a pittance give no fucks.

My disappointment notwithstanding, it was an interesting race for the first half, but a procession the second half. With the oppressive heat, that made for some tedium. People were eager to gtfo the moment the checkers flag flew. Now I'm going to spend the next two days trying to drown my sorrows in whatever wild action KL has to offer. It was a fun weekend, boys. Cheers. PEACE.

mclem

- Can someone explain to me why Lewis was put back on a second set of hard? Wasn't the first stint enough? Was he lacking an extra set of mediums or something? I thought he would catch Seb easily on the last stint, if he had sorts. It makes ZERO sense to make him to an extra stop, then give him two stints on the slowest tire. Fucking stupid. If I was home watching this, I'd have thrown something at the TV. Unfortunately, I think that sort of thing is frowned upon at the track. So I hurled a bunch of expletives instead. This was one of the dumbest strategic races I've ever seen. Impossibly stupid.

Exactly the bolded.

TCRS

Banned
- The second place car was driven by a Claire Jedrek. I only made note because she drove the wheels off the car, and I was surprised to discover she was a woman. I just Googled her, and she's like a fitness model too. I'd like to see her in a higher series. She showed well today

yooooo

er3VT9e.gif

Top Bottom