• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

When was this? Either that car has a lot of push or Alonso likes to run a wide line because he was nowhere near some of those apexes.

Also Merc better have some development ideas up their sleeves because Ferrari are starting to get mighty close.

FP1 yesterday.

Alonso:

"Now I'm not getting out of Q1, so it's time for many to enjoy at this moment. Those who are enjoying, they are third, one second behind.

“They're beating me, but they're not beating Mercedes, which at the end of the day is my goal. So it's time for others to enjoy, but soon it will be time for me to enjoy."

Yes Fernando, in Honda we trust.

Fox Mulder

Problem is, it's not just the engine, it's the car as well. Redbulls chasis is behind the other manufacturers, it's not just the engine but Redbull have been crying like it's entirely their fault the car is slow. You never heard them really speak anything positive of the V8 Renault engine, you wouldnt have even known they were running Renault unless you checked it oit for yourself, now that they are slow though, we've been hearing plenty about it.

it seems a bit insulting that the team is called Infiniti Red Bull Racing.

they may have a shit engine, but they probably shouldnt be beaten by their lesser funded junior team with two rookie drivers.

Foshy

Alonso:

"Now I'm not getting out of Q1, so it's time for many to enjoy at this moment. Those who are enjoying, they are third, one second behind.

“They're beating me, but they're not beating Mercedes, which at the end of the day is my goal. So it's time for others to enjoy, but soon it will be time for me to enjoy."

Yes Fernando, in Honda we trust.

is this an actual quote

he's literally sounding like an anime villain here.

Mastah

This is silly. When Alonso joined Ferrari and was driving in a competetive car, he was positive. Things like giving to all his mechanics handwritten letters saying sorry after binning it in FP3 during Monaco weekend or stating after very disappointing race at Silverstone they will win championship, doesn't seem like coming from dark and grumpy person. But then 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 happened and I don't blame him for losing faith in the team. Now at McLaren again he's cheerful, evethough they are pathetic at the moment, but certainly he won't be happy if that continues for too long.

Meanwhile Vettel wins 4 titles, 2014 season comes and? He struggles, team is doing everything to help him, changes chassis 3 or 4 times, but he bails out after only 1 difficult year. Now he joins Ferrari after being spanked by Ricciardo, basically lucks into great red car, so of course he's happy bunny, lol. But let's see how happy and sunny he will be if this is the best Ferrari car he will drive during his stint for Maranello.

How can you keep the morale of a team up if the driver just says bad things?

Somehow they produced this brilliant Ferrari in those dark times, unless Lauda believes work on 2015 project started only after Vettel's arrival in December, lol.

And finally, stolen from Autosport:

Alonso and the 'Prancing Horse' are the ideal combination to win titles. "Ferrari and Alonso make a perfect team. Success in Formula One often depends on both sides. The team has to know what is wrong with the car and the driver has to do the right thing. Together they can compensate for a poor start to the season"

http://www.marca.com/2012/09/26/en/more_sports/1348613059.html

Guess who said that? :D

Kyougar

Meanwhile Vettel wins 4 titles, 2014 season comes and? He struggles, team is doing everything to help him, changes chassis 3 or 4 times, but he bails out after only 1 difficult year. Now he joins Ferrari after being spanked by Ricciardo, basically lucks into great red car, so of course he's happy bunny, lol. But let's see how happy and sunny he will be if this is the best Ferrari car he will drive during his stint for Maranello.

Somehow they produced this brilliant Ferrari in those dark times, unless Lauda believes work on 2015 project started only after Vettel's arrival in December, lol.

Team is doing everything to help him? lol. I would also bail after THAT help he got 2014. He is a 4time World Champion and they treated him like shit when Ricciardo was handling the new rules and engines slightly better. They asked him to let ricciardo through on many occasions. Would Alonso have made way for Massa?

I can understand red Bull a little in this regard, they knew Vettel would be gon in max 2 Years, so they wanted to prance their new Horse. Maybe they really are hardknocked on the whole equality of drivers thing, but it sends the wrong signals for Star Drivers.
They will let you fall if you struggle.
They will let you fall if you are in a hole.
They will let you fall if another younger driver with potential is waiting in line.

Would Red Bull have hold onto Button like McLaren?

I dont even think Alonso would be eager to get into a Red Bull Racing car right now, even if they would have been good like the Ferraris. He wouldnt get a Number 1 Clause. Star Drivers want stability and help from the whole team.
I think Hamilton is also trying to get a number 1 Clause in his contract.

hadareud

The Translator
They've held on to Webber, didn't they?

They treated Vettel like a fucking princess, last year included. Riciardo didn't handle things slightly better, he handed him his arse. When it became apparent that Vettel wanted to jump ship they've switched their attentions, obviously.

Vettel always has been a whiney cunt, and he'll be back to that state soon enough once the honeymoon is over.

Mastah

Team is doing everything to help him? lol. I would also bail after THAT help he got 2014. He is a 4time World Champion and they treated him like shit when Ricciardo was handling the new rules and engines slightly better. They asked him to let ricciardo through on many occasions. Would Alonso have made way for Massa?

I can understand red Bull a little in this regard, they knew Vettel would be gon in max 2 Years, so they wanted to prance their new Horse. Maybe they really are hardknocked on the whole equality of drivers thing, but it sends the wrong signals for Star Drivers.
They will let you fall if you struggle.
They will let you fall if you are in a hole.
They will let you fall if another younger driver with potential is waiting in line.

Would Red Bull have hold onto Button like McLaren?

I dont even think Alonso would be eager to get into a Red Bull Racing car right now, even if they would have been good like the Ferraris. He wouldnt get a Number 1 Clause. Star Drivers want stability and help from the whole team.
I think Hamilton is also trying to get a number 1 Clause in his contract.

What? It was Vettel's team, everyone was saying "good on them on hiring Ricciardo as another number 2 driver", even at Red Bull they expected Danny to be competetive only since mid-season. But then China happened, so what else they should do?

Vettel was beaten fair and square and jumped ships on the very first occasion. I would do the same in his shoes, but let's not pretend he had any real reasons to do so. Team was always behind him, it was only one less successful season after 4 championships in a row, but he bailed out. Turned out to be great decision, but it doesn't change the perception of running away from Ricciardo.

All these alpha male drivers are smiling when things are new or going their way and Niki himself can confirm that after his experience with Ferrari - how it began and how it ended.

John_B

Holy shit at that YouTube clip. Lauda is killing me. Elderly fan, gets caught pissing on camera, crashes Ecclestone's meeting with a cheerful: good afternoon, everybody!

F1 needs to utilize him more, he is pure entertainment.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/9800310/mclaren-and-honda-insist-that-progress-is-being-made

as i thought, they were running the PU at 100% yesterday so clearly the engine/car is still in a very poor state

Makes sense. I think it's a bit of both, but they are definitely not wrong when they say they need to add "points of downforce" on their car...

CCVo6JZW4AA43Kb.jpg

CCVo6prW0AE9A7l.jpg

jey_16

Banned
I'd love to see how sunny Vettel would be if he had the 4 years Alonso had at Ferrari.

He had the option to go to Red Bull in 08/09 but chose Ferrari, he has to live with the consequences.

I'm sure there would have been a lot of drivers willing to drive for Ferrari and earning $30m a year, not the worst place to be

I'd love to see how sunny Vettel would be if he had the 4 years Alonso had at Ferrari.

Maybe he shouldve swallowed his pride and his demand to be number 1 and stuck with Mclaren. It couldve been him with the title in 2008.
But Ferarri gave him a good car in 2010 and 2012. While the Petrov fiasco at Abu Dhabi wasnt his fault, that DNF at Suzuka in 2012 was his error and his responsibility.

Im not liking this revisionist history where we pretend like Alonso drove a dog all of his Ferrari years, BS. Not to mention the team strategy of undermining Massa over and over to accommodate his championship bid. (Hockenheim, the US GP in 2012 when they changed Massa's gearbox to move Fred to the "clean" side of the grid)

Keanu Reeves at Red Bull is fun.

I think Nico has Webber'd himself mentally.

Oh, no doubt about that. But since the last few races last season, it really doesn't feel like he has the backing. Especially with Niki it feels like Hamilton is his favorite boy. I'm sure that doesn't help.

ramparter

Banned
Not sure if its OK to ask but does anyone know a reliable way to watch this from my nexus 10?
Actually I m using Olweb TV app right now but I d like an alternative in case something goes wrong :)

Top Bottom