• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Such poor logic.

Slow Lewis == Slow Nico == Slow Vettel. Of course, Nico Deg issue == Vettel Deg issue.

If you want him to go at your pace get in front of him first.

dalin80

Banned
Lewis did that quite nice, he slowed down to lure Nico and Vettel to get closer. Nico was affected by dirty air behind Hamilton (plus another distraction with a red car in the mirrors plus complaining to pitwall), and Vettel was also in dirty air behind Nico. Lewis could control the gap easily at around two seconds. So they both chewed their tyres faster...

Since the middle of last year Lewis has been aggressively using the dirty air from the back of his car, we have seen many times how he has slowed down from a convincing lead to get the car behind into the 2s window.

I don't think Nico is enjoying that treatment much.

"It's not my job to look after Nico's race, it's my job to manage the car and bring the car home as healthy and as fast as possible. That's what I did, I didn't do anything intentionally to slow any of the cars up, I was just focused on myself. If Nico wanted to get by he could have tried, but he didn't."

heh.

Lewis did that quite nice, he slowed down to lure Nico and Vettel to get closer. Nico was affected by dirty air behind Hamilton (plus another distraction with a red car in the mirrors plus complaining to pitwall), and Vettel was also in dirty air behind Nico. So they both chewed their tyres faster...

It's a team sport to an extent. However, if you have an opportunity to make life difficult for your two main title rivals, you'd be a fool not to take it. Rosberg can moan all he wants, but if you want to win world championships, these are the kind of races you have to drive.

Since the middle of last year Lewis has been aggressively using the dirty air from the back of his car, we have seen many times how he has slowed down from a convincing lead to get the car behind into the 2s window.

Well as he's got to do is... either pass him on track which he hasn't done yet in 22 GPs or get on pole and control the race.

Aiii

So not worth it

Then he should start out-qualifying Lewis, I suppose.

Aiii

So not worth it
Didn't help him out that much last year. Lewis got on with it, for the most part, and passed him on track. Rosberg should do the same.

Honestly though, Nico can't beat Lewis, unless Lewis suddenly becomes worse.

Maybe Nico can broker a reconciliation between him and Nicole in hopes of another nasty break-up mid-season?

Shaneus

After the shit he pulled in Malaysia he can keep crying.

b57ff78210fd5626f23dd81f1037b4eb.jpg
What happened in Malaysia?

Maldonado says it's "always good to be fighting with Jenson and Fernando."

No, Maldonado, when you're fighting with a gimped Honda, that's not good at all, that means either you or your car is dogshit.

Apparently Lotus had better pace than Williams today.

Maybe Nico can broker a reconciliation between him and Nicole in hopes of another nasty break-up mid-season?

At this point, I really wish Alonso could have found a way into a Mercedes drive. He doesn't deserve to be languishing at the back in a joke of a McLaren. Rosberg has no chance of challenging Hamilton this year and the Ferrari's have too much ground to make up. Short of Rosberg feeding Hamilton's parents to him in a bowl of chilli, there's little he can do to get in Hamilton's head.

DBT85

Seems to be Nico's best hope. In his favour is that it will involve him doing all his hard work off track, where he seems best.

Lewis is spanking him and it can't be nice, but you either learn to enjoy being nearly first and all that comes with it, or get faster.

dalin80

Banned
Didn't we all, Lewis included, agree that was a 110% non-event?

Nope. Lewis towed the party line with a cheeky grin but that was it. Most agreed that it was either a cynical block or Rosberg screwing up trying to follow Hamiltons line.

Didn't we all, Lewis included, agree that was a 110% non-event?

No one gave a shit because it didn't work in Nico's favour but it was quite obvious. Lewis has been really calm this season but he was quite deliberate to say he's over it, not it wasn't dodgy. IIRC it was "I don't remember".

DBT85

So things reaffirmed, Rosberg crys, Horner will be whining, Hamilton had the Ferraris in his pocket despite people's pre race speculation.

Shaneus

He blocked Lewis on on flying lap in Q3 by sitting on the dry racing line, track was improving etc. Luckily, Lewis' banker lap was easily good enough.
Doesn't sound dissimilar to Monaco last year. I was thinking Rosberg was humbled by last year's runners-up, but seems not :/

Short of Rosberg feeding Hamilton's parents to him in a bowl of chilli, there's little he can do to get in Hamilton's head.
I keep forgetting that that episode is the origin of all modern internet usage of the word "salty".

I don't know if even this would do it. Angry Lewis™ is what developed after Spa last year when he got sick of dealing with Nico's bullshit and his car stopped trying to kill him. Angry Lewis took no prisoners until he dominated Rosberg so hard that he could win on confidence again. And he's been essentially unstoppable since. Not to be confused with Drama Queen Angry Lewis™ from 2011-12 where he was forced to mature after personal issues.
The only way for Rosberg to win the WC is dating Scherzinger.
Now THIS would be interesting. Since Rosberg can't try to compete on driver talent at this point he might as well make this as personal a brawl as possible. He's probably done at Mercedes at the end of this year anyway (contracts always have outs). Why not make a mess of things in the process?
So, how did Renault manage to gain no performance and make their reliability worse?
I would have been begging for the 100% exact 2014 engine spec to come back as early as winter testing if I were RBR. Hell, that slightly gimped engine won three races!

jey_16

Banned
Rosberg just making himself look worse and worse, if he was actually competitive then Merc would actually have a reason not to give into Hamilton's wage demands on his next contract but right now, they have no choice but to pay Hamilton

TCRS

Banned
haven't seen the race yet but the result was predictable. called it yesterday.

link to presser? I want to see cryberg.

CdpCk8L.jpg

lol

TCRS

Banned
Rosberg is such a nob

There was no risk of him finishing 3rd. The only issue for him was the strategy of the car in front not giving him any chance of winning the race and forcing him to pit earlier than he wanted to. Lewis should not be more concerned with a Mercedes 1-2 than his own race.

frontieruk

Rosberg is such a nob

There was no risk of him finishing 3rd. The only issue for him was the strategy of the car in front not giving him any chance of winning the race and forcing him to pit earlier than he wanted to. Lewis should not be more concerned with a Mercedes 1-2 than his own race.

The team would probably have something to say about that...

How the hell did Renault fuck up their PU so much? Even Honda is more reliable.

I really don't understand Rosberg's complaints, but cut the guy some slack, his wife is having problems with their baby.

Oh and WEC is back. Hell yeah.

Jibbed

Sorry, but Nico needs to stop being such a pussy and take control of the situation if he wants to beat him. Just send it up the inside, mix up the strategy, whatever. Do something instead of whining over the radio every 10 minutes and giving Lewis shit after the race.

Rosberg hasn't passed Lewis on track and made it stick in nearly 2 years.

frontieruk

They did, asked him to speed up, Lewis did his duty. Rosberg still a whiny little girl.

See the below reply, Gareth implied Hamilton should just fuck with Rosbergs result, Mercedes wouldn't let it happen, even if Hamilton had backed Rosberg into and behind VET, Hamilton would of been subject to Wolff and Lauda's hairdryer treatment and possibly fines, Mercedes take the line the drivers are there for the team not the team for the drivers so both have to do what's best, if they don't toe the line contracts could end.

The team's priority is a 1-2 finish. Fair enough.

Rosberg is unhappy because he wanted to win the race. His strategy failed because he expected the other side of the garage to help him do that.

Rosberg hasn't been mentally been in contention since Spa last year, where he took team fines and I'm still of the belief it was Rosbergs contract that was on the line, HAM just looked to cocky afterwards and ROS always looked drained and worried.

He's going to need more than some team assist to beat HAM, as I said earlier I'm hoping for a ROS pole just to see if HAM would sit behind whining about tyres like ROS not to see if there are team orders as Ark assumed I meant earlier.

Ark

He's going to need more than some team assist to beat HAM, as I said earlier I'm hoping for a ROS pole just to see if HAM would sit behind whining about tyres like ROS not to see if there are team orders as Ark assumed I meant earlier.

I couldn't be bothered to bold the part of your post I was referencing because I was on my phone, but I wasn't talking about team orders. You said in that post that Rosberg doesn't have the mental fortitude to beat Hamilton. I disagreed, he has the mental strength to do so but lacks the tangible talent.

Hamilton wouldn't wait nor rely on team orders, we all know that.

Jibbed

I couldn't be bothered to bold the part of your post I was referencing because I was on my phone, but I wasn't talking about team orders. You said in that post that Rosberg doesn't have the mental fortitude to beat Hamilton. I disagreed, he has the mental strength to do so but lacks the tangible talent.

Hamilton wouldn't wait nor rely on team orders, we all know that.

Nope, I would disagree with that. Rosberg has shown on multiple occasions that when his head is in the game, and when he's on form, he can be AS GOOD as Lewis in a race situation similar to today.

When it comes to the wheel-to-wheel stuff, obviously Lewis has him outclassed, but Nico can drive home an advantage all the same if he's not pressed to hard to fight for it.

Nico hasn't been the same since Spa '14. Once you start to believe there's no way you can fairly beat your team mate, that weighs on you like nothing else.

Ark

Nope, I would disagree with that. Rosberg has shown on multiple occasions that when his head is in the game, and when he's on form, he can be AS GOOD as Lewis in a race situation similar to today.

When it comes to the wheel-to-wheel stuff, obviously Lewis has him outclassed, but Nico can drive home an advantage all the same if he's not pressed to hard to fight for it.

Nico hasn't been the same since Spa '14. Once you start to believe there's no way you can fairly beat your team mate, that weighs on you like nothing else.

Last year I'd have agreed with you, but he still hasn't beaten Lewis in an on-track battle. Yeah sure he can lead from the front and control a race when it suits him, but multiple times last year that didn't work out for him because Lewis was both quicker and able to take the position from him during the race.

Saying he's as good as Lewis in a controlled race environment where he's leading from pole is pretty much moot. There are plenty of lower calibre drivers that have managed that feat before, Maldonado being one of them.

Top Bottom