• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

What's all this bullshit about Spa? Lewis has a straight streak of poles and wins from Aus to till the infamous Monaco - barring DNFs.

Nico was on the back foot from the start, Lewis just started with a 25 point handicap. When your team is so far above the rest and Nico always finishes second it takes a lot of wins to close the gap.

Even Bahrain was just luck thanks to the safety car closing 10s+ gap for Rosberg to give it a shot at the end. He failed on better tyres.

He was always inferior in 2014, the timing of the DNFs and quali fires flattered him massively.

See the below reply, Gareth implied Hamilton should just fuck with Rosbergs result, Mercedes wouldn't let it happen, even if Hamilton had backed Rosberg into and behind VET, Hamilton would of been subject to Wolff and Lauda's hairdryer treatment and possibly fines, Mercedes take the line the drivers are there for the team not the team for the drivers so both have to do what's best, if they don't toe the line contracts could end.

I think Mercedes understand that Lewis will be focused first and foremost on winning the race. If his primary concern was making sure Nico finished 2nd then he's risking that. And also they'll know that Nico was only complaining because he knew his chance of winning was over. If he was worried about Vettel then all he had to do was close the gap and overtake. But obviously he didn't want to do that because it was too early to make a move.

"Your strategy didn't play into my strategy because you didn't do what I expected you to do" is about it.

frontieruk

Last year I'd have agreed with you, but he still hasn't beaten Lewis in an on-track battle. Yeah sure he can lead from the front and control a race when it suits him, but multiple times last year that didn't work out for him because Lewis was both quicker and able to take the position from him during the race.

Saying he's as good as Lewis in a controlled race environment where he's leading from pole is pretty much moot. There are plenty of lower calibre drivers that have managed that feat before, Maldonado being one of them.

Heheh this is true, but he looks and acts like a beaten man, or do we need him to win a race and say "not bad for a number two?" Before people see he's been mentally affected?

John_B

No compliments to the champion from Rosberg this time. He seems deeply frustrated. His grievance of Hamilton not creating a sweet gap for him is only valid if there was some agreement of sorts to hold positions. He was not unfairly blocked.

Either way, he is not out yet. He will bag some wins this season, surely.

Nico showed us something in Brazil last year when he withstood Hamilton's pressure and forced him into an error but apart from that and Austria, when he held off Lewis on the warpath, Ive not been impressed with his mental game, which everyone was saying was supposed to be his trump card over Lewis.
That little trick in Monaco was quite clever though, and I believe last year he did succeed at destabilizing Lewis in qualifying sessions.

Lol. Rosberg sniveling about it like Lewis just broke up with him.
So far this season this is Lewis:
Happy_husky_reporting_in_do_you_read_me_5ffec829d9a23c2dce7a36f9aff78d5a.jpg

And this is Rosberg:
2.560.jpg

Rosberg should either do something about it on track or shut up and accept his new Barichello status. Don't want Lewis fucking your shit up then pass him on track like Lewis did to him for most of last season.

Ark

Nico showed us something in Brazil last year when he withstood Hamilton's pressure and forced him into an error but apart from that and Austria, when he held off Lewis on the warpath, Ive not been impressed with his mental game, which everyone was saying was supposed to be his trump card over Lewis.
That little trick in Monaco was quite clever though, and I believe last year he did succeed at destabilizing Lewis in qualifying sessions.

He didn't force Hamilton into a mistake at Brazil, the team told him to stay out a lap longer than the tyres could handle at that pace. Sure he managed to withstand Hamilton's pressure for the remainder of the race but that and Austria are the only races that I can think of where Rosberg has had any kind of answer for Hamilton, and giving you Brazil is a huge leap.

I really don't think anyone but Lewis is responsible for his performance in qualy last year. He's been doing that for years, we all just assumed he would beast Rosberg right from the get-go.

It really amazes me that people are still trying to find flaws in Hamilton. He's in the best form he's ever been in terms of his driving and his mental strength, since Spa he's basically been some kind of zen monk. I mean come on, ten pole positions in a row.

Full post-race press conference: https://vid.me/zZDl

No compliments to the champion from Rosberg this time. He seems deeply frustrated. His grievance of Hamilton not creating a sweet gap for him is only valid if there was some agreement of sorts to hold positions. He was not unfairly blocked.

Either way, he is not out yet. He will bag some wins this season, surely.

He did give him his can after the race, so that's something. I guess just to be polite on camera, though.

https://youtu.be/a4oJGf2U0LY?t=2h39s

Kinda funny how Rosberg's all over Vettel, just to ignore Hamilton.

Overall, I'd say this is how Rosberg still feels.

untitled-1dpu2w.gif

e: Or should I say he feels a bit more like this?

mark-webber-glass_o_gc8liy.gif

What's probably still getting to Nico is that no one really cares about him. Sometimes he tries really hard, but he has the personality of a brick, Lauda only cares about Hamilton and Toto and Paddy seem indifferent towards Nico. Not to mention that the media seems to gloss over him as well. Hopefully Hammer can come in later and deliver some good info on Mercedes and how everyone really feels.

If only he was a better driver...

Love the opinions of the elderly fan.

Mercedes boss Lauda, though, says drivers have to look out for themselves.

"Sure, everyone drives selfish," he is quoted as saying by ESPNF1. "What do you think these guys are here to do? I call them egocentric b******s. That is the only way to win and the only way to win the Championship, they are all the same.

"Nico is the same as Lewis and Lewis is the same to Nico if the s**t hits the fan. I fully agree that's the way it is and therefore we race."

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/42838/Lauda-Drivers-have-to-be-egocentric

He didn't force Hamilton into a mistake at Brazil, the team told him to stay out a lap longer than the tyres could handle at that pace. Sure he managed to withstand Hamilton's pressure for the remainder of the race but that and Austria are the only races that I can think of where Rosberg has had any kind of answer for Hamilton, and giving you Brazil is a huge leap.

I really don't think anyone but Lewis is responsible for his performance in qualy last year. He's been doing that for years, we all just assumed he would beast Rosberg right from the get-go.

It really amazes me that people are still trying to find flaws in Hamilton. He's in the best form he's ever been in terms of his driving and his mental strength, since Spa he's basically been some kind of zen monk. I mean come on, ten pole positions in a row.

Lewis revealed in the 2014 Season Review that he experienced a loss of power in Austria which is why he got close to Rosberg but couldn't pass him.

TCRS

Banned
What's probably still getting to Nico is that no one really cares about him. Sometimes he tries really hard, but he has the personality of a brick, Lauda only cares about Hamilton and Toto and Paddy seem indifferent towards Nico. Not to mention that the media seems to gloss over him as well. Hopefully Hammer can come in later and deliver some good info on Mercedes and how everyone really feels.

He doesn't even have any fanbase anywhere. He tries hard to win over German fans with his boyish charm and making himself likeable on RTL but just no. Nobody is falling for it, everyone can tell it's fake. There was even an article in a German newspaper about that. I don't know about Finland and Monaco but I'm guessing it's the same there.

One thing I realised today while listening to the local radio though is that both Rosberg and Vettel are from Hessen. tfw superior Hesse :p

NHale

See Webber wasn't a whiny bitch about it like Nico was. This is why people still respect Webber while Nico gets mocked.

Every driver is a whiny bitch. Webber whined about Multi-21 for example. You don't become a world class driver without having a big ego and that includes whining when things don't go their way, however some whine more than others.

Rosberg problem is that he whines for stuff that he could have done something about. If you whine about being stopped when you are 2secs+ behind someone, then you are stupid. Like a lot of people said (including Lewis) if you feel that you are being slowed down then race and try to overtake.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Press conference sounds hilarious. Rosberg's such a whiner. Hamilton might get stressy at times but Rosberg wants to be spoonfed.

Presumably Hamilton will have been doing the lap times told to him by his engineer to look after the tyres. Rosberg will have wanted a ~3 second gap to stop his tyres degrading. But the Ferraris were just a little too close to allow that amount of comfort.

You have three choices there - speed both Mercedes up and risk them both killing their tyres and having the Ferraris pass them; let rosber close up to Hamilton and degrade his tyres, risking his P2; or let Rosberg keep a 3 second gap and defend against vettel,neither the expectation that you have pace in your pocket so can defend well in the third stint.

They went for that last option which I thickness the best call for the 1-2 result they wanted.

Rosberg being annoyed that his race was compromised is fair enough - a natural feeling to have. But his inference that it was hamilton being selfish is just whining and inappropriate. Also I like how he flatly refused to answer the question about what would have happened if he roles were reversed - because he bloody well knows he'd do the same.

RoKKeR

The amount of salt coming from Rosberg is hilarious. Dude is toast mentally, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't win a race this year to be honest. Lewis has made a huge jump. That lap before the his pit in tells us everything we need to know about how their battles will go down on track.

Also moved up 26 in the predictor this week. As a certain samurai would say... "#Progress"

The amount of salt coming from Rosberg is hilarious. Dude is toast mentally, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't win a race this year to be honest. Lewis has made a huge jump. That lap before the his pit in tells us everything we need to know about how their battles will go down on track.

Also moved up 26 in the predictor this week. As a certain samurai would say... "#Progress"
He's saltier than the last Burger King chicken sandwich I ate which practically left me dehydrated. I'll be laughing about Roberg until the next race.
nKH6PNS.png

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Ark

Oh wow. I thought I did alright in the predictions, but I've fallen five places to 21st! I'm on page two now! Dammit.

Draconian

Both Mercedes drivers are big whiners. It's hard for me to get overly upset about Rosberg when Hamilton whines and cries over the radio every weekend when the slightest thing doesn't go his way. His radio transmissions about Vettel before the race were embarrassing. Both of them need to shut up and race.

Both Mercedes drivers are big whiners. It's hard for me to get overly upset about Rosberg when Hamilton whines and cries over the radio every weekend when the slightest thing doesn't go his way. His radio transmissions about Vettel before the race were embarrassing. Both of them need to shut up and race.

What? Last season the team screwed Hamilton big time, a few times he actually did better by ignoring them.

This season so far, he was annoyed in Malaysia when they were chit chatting in the pits about strats while Ham was still on the comms.

Otherwise he's been a stoic professional. He even completely ignored Rosberg's stunt in Malaysia qualifying.

frontieruk

What? Last season the team screwed Hamilton big time, a few times he actually did better by ignoring them.

This season so far, he was annoyed in Malaysia when they were chit chatting in the pits about strats while Ham was still on the comms.

Otherwise he's been a stoic professional. He even completely ignored Rosberg's stunt in Malaysia qualifying.

It's easier not to sweat the small things when things are going your way

Massa

Every driver is a whiny bitch. Webber whined about Multi-21 for example. You don't become a world class driver without having a big ego and that includes whining when things don't go their way, however some whine more than others.

Rosberg problem is that he whines for stuff that he could have done something about. If you whine about being stopped when you are 2secs+ behind someone, then you are stupid. Like a lot of people said (including Lewis) if you feel that you are being slowed down then race and try to overtake.

The difference is that Webber was treated like a number 2 driver, Rosberg is just mad he's not as fast as Lewis.

What? What Vettel did was unusual and borderline dangerous. What on earth are you talking about?

Every top driver whines. Didn't you see Alonso and Vettel last season?

Draconian

What? What Vettel did was unusual and borderline dangerous. What on earth are you talking about?

Every top driver whines. Didn't you see Alonso and Vettel last season?

Alonso and Vettel weren't in cars where they only had to worry about beating one other driver last season. Every time something doesn't go Hamilton's way (which admittedly is so rare it isn't funny anymore), he whines and cries about it on the radio.

Indycar on BT Sport Extra now. They do a full course yellow for the slightest thing. And they keep crashing on the restarts which causes more yellows. The first race was even worse with all the new wings being knocked off. It's a real shame because when the races are uninterrupted they're usually very good.

Top Bottom