• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

JawzPause

Anyone else think the multiplayer is surprisingly good? Especially survival. After completing single player, i highly recommend it. Sometimes it can get as tense as single player.

Multiplayer is awesome. Reminds me of Dayz.
3AQmK.gif

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Just popped in my disc. Is the save issue still persisting, and is playing offline still a temporary fix?

Second question is about difficulties: what are the main differences and what's the recommended setting for those who're ahead in the game.
Quoting myself for the new page.

Multiplayer is awesome. Reminds me of Dayz.
3AQmK.gif
Anyone else think the multiplayer is surprisingly good? Especially survival. After completing single player, i highly recommend it. Sometimes it can get as tense as single player.

You guys are so making the wait feel unbearable! Silly Canada Post!

Christophe Balestra is in the other thread, so send him your love and feedback!

Viruz

Thank you guys. Didn't want to start in case there was something I had to do to avoid the save bug. Now that I got the all clear, time to start.

WISH ME LUCK DUDES. Hard mode, listen mode off, ALL DEATH IN MY EYES
Can't wait for your impressions.

OwlyKnees

Quoting myself for the new page.

I would also be interested in knowing the difference between hard and survival mode. I'm playing hard mode at the moment and listen mode is switched off, but I'm still finding myself with more ammo than I would like. I want to be struggling, damn it!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Alrighty. Not sure if I want to know exactly...

I remember getting spoiled before release, like a really major spoiler and it turned out to be completely bullshit.

So yeah if you want to know shoot me a PM.

katkombat

Banned
What kind of spoiler did you get hit with? Are you sure it is correct? I'm done with the game so you can pm me to verify, if you want

The
ending
. (Not a spoiler but tagged it just in case.)

I'll PM either of you if I decide if I want to know yet or not. I don't really want to look it up and research, just in case if its not real and I accidentally find the real one, and, yet, I don't want to know if it even is the real one. Thanks guys.

SRTtoZ

So far absolutely fucking loving it. This is everything ive ever wanted in a game for many many years. I just passed the demo section of the game and my mind is blown. Cant wait for the adventure ahead of me.

Zemm

The
ending

I'll PM either of you if I decide if I want to know yet or not. I don't really want to look it up and research, just in case if its not real and I accidentally find the real one, and, yet, I don't want to know if it even is the real one. Thanks guys.

The game is all about the journey, you probably got a fake spoiler anyway, enjoy the game.

Sophia

lol, should have made pics first ;)

It froze right after
the scene that Tommy held the zombies off.
I got to play a little bit past that and it just blank screened. It frozen earlier too, by glitching out during a transition from cutscene to gameplay.

I think it's my PS3. Uncharted 2 wouldn't load either.

SRTtoZ

Just popped in my disc. Is the save issue still persisting, and is playing offline still a temporary fix?

Second question is about difficulties: what are the main differences and what's the recommended setting for those who're ahead in the game.

I'm guessing depending on difficulty its harder to kill enemies and easier to be killed by them. All of the surrounding options can be turned off on ANY difficulty. (ie: Listen mode, hints, tips, lock on aiming, melee prompts, show tags etc)

Torraz

The
ending

Happened to me with persona 3. I forced myself to believe that the spoiler was not real... In the end it was. Although it being such a long game made it easier to forget. But yeah, getting the last of us ending spoiled would such really bad...

Loudninja

I'm guessing depending on difficulty its harder to kill enemies and easier to be killed by them. All of the surrounding options can be turned off on ANY difficulty. (ie: Listen mode, hints, tips, lock on aiming, melee prompts, show tags etc)
arne said damage is the same on all difficulties.

whalesex

Neo Member
Why are still posting about the autosave problem when it was just supposedly fixed?

It's fixed if you didn't play all night like myself. I just double checked about 5 minutes ago and my load game puts me back at 1 hour in when I was in fact, 5 hours in.

Mupod

I am Brickman. I hunt the night.

Do you think you will daunt me with your idle NPC chatter about how you have a family or something? This brick doesn't care, and it's got your name on it.

The brick judges all and finds them wanting.

Bottles are ok too.

Grisby

A short way in. Met Ellie and did a bunch of stuff after that. Still not out of the city.

Having a fun time. Got past a really tense section. Impressed by ND's animation but the graphics are kind of uneven so far. A bit muddy at times and the framerate isn't as smooth as the UC games.

My favorite thing though is how tense one on one fights feel. So far anyways guns feel really important here. My old RE habits have kicked in and I've already hoarded away 20 bullets.

Zemm

I am Brickman. I hunt the night.

Do you think you will daunt me with your idle NPC chatter about how you have a family or something? This brick doesn't care, and it's got your name on it.

The brick judges all and finds them wanting.

Bottles are ok too.

haha. I wish there was a stat for how many bricks you threw/used. There's stats for loads of things but not that one :(

MP IS FUN!!

Love Supply Raid!!!

So very tactical!

It uses some GREAT features from UC2: Pickups from around the map, HEALTH PACKS AND HEALING, teamwork (teammates healing others). Everything requires patience and time, nothing is instant, it's very intense!

It still feels like it's short 2 players, but I just had a very enjoyable match!

RS4-

Ugh the rng in the parts crates in MP. Get lucky and craft the melee weapons and 1 hit kill everyone. Oh yeah, your clan members will die, nothing you can do about it as there are missions where you will lose a percentage of them no matter what.

It did freeze for me while I tried to back out of the MP menu to the main one. Had to restart console.

Andrew.

Banned
If you got the season pass, the documentary is available in the extras menu. 3 gigs and I believe it's 90 minutes

The season pass single player bonuses can also be turned off in the options menu. Fucking awesome.

kuYuri

Just got My Survival Edition in the mail. What the fuck, this thing is huge. It's like the size of a closed laptop. I almost feel bad for opening it.

aySwJzS.jpg

iNvid02

Fuck, just lost 6 hours of progress.

damn that sucks man.

everything was going fine for me yesterday, today it updated to 1.01, and after playing for hours i just realized my auto save is stuck, i cant manual save either.

chances are if i reset i'll lose my progress. i have quite a long way to go as well so im gonna have to leave my PS3 on roaring like a jet engine, or play this in one sitting

JohngPR

Of course my UPS guy decides to be hours later than usual today. Still waiting for my Survival Edition to get here in the mail. :(

Top Bottom