• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here it goes... Can I digital download TLoU to an external hard drive (only have 40 gb internal all filled up) and can I turn off the console in the middle of the external download?

Played the multiplayer for a while but didn't expect that much from. But Holy cow that gameplay is amazing. 4 vs 4 survival is really intense, specially if you play with friends (headsets). Great atmosphere and a lot of stuff you can play free. Well done Naughty Dog, will start tommorow with the singleplayer, thank god they fix the glitch.

Lucid07

damn that sucks man.

everything was going fine for me yesterday, today it updated to 1.01, and after playing for hours i just realized my auto save is stuck, i cant manual save either.

chances are if i reset i'll lose my progress. i have quite a long way to go as well so im gonna have to leave my PS3 on roaring like a jet engine, or play this in one sitting

Yeah I thought it would let me save manually if I turned autosave off, guess not.

So I haven't turned off the PS3 because I found out about this autosave stuff like...6 hours in.

I assume if I quit or turn the console off it'll wipe all my data since I haven't stopped playing since I started?

Ricker

Hey guys, does the "Soundtrack" voucher include the avatars, theme, and all that?

If not, I dont care for it

If you are talking about the EB scotch taped code,that code contains like 8 downloads that you cant seperate,including the soundtrack and avatars and the theme yeah...

And guys,just save manually and stay off PSN,works fine if you do that...

If you are talking about the EB scotch taped code,that code contains like 8 downloads that you cant seperate,including the soundtrack and avatars and the theme yeah...

Thanks for the reply man, appreciate it!

----

Can we make a separate thread for MP? Maybe in the Community section? I want to play this seriously for the weekend

This game did make their enemies right. This isn't even a horror game and I'm scared to attack the enemies because of the sound they make and the way they look. If you can do that without it even being a horror game, then you did a dang good job with character designs.

Oh yeah, I didn't know that the people following you can be seen. I got killed because the AI partner just walked right where I threw a bottle and made the enemy see me. That seriously sucks. Once again game is still good, just minor frustrations that'll go away as I progress and get better.

TripOpt55

Intro is super cool. Then it takes a bit to get going, but when it does... man it is so much fun. Loving it. Encounters are a lot of fun with a lot of options.

Vire

What a perfect day to play this game.

Absolutely miserable outside, pouring and thunder. Certainly sets the mood...

Can we make a separate thread for MP? Maybe in the Community section? I want to play this seriously for the weekend

I'll second this suggestion. Someone who is devoted to this game's MP should create it and update the OP regularly. I'd like to get a list of fellow Gaffers who are playing the MP.

StuBurns

Banned
I just died for literally nothing. No one touched me, I had nearly full health, no death animation, no friends in danger, just black screen of failure.

antitrop

By the way, if I was the religious type I would say it was divine intervention, but rained like fucking crazy over the forest fire today.

Couldn't have been luckier.

Perfect mood and atmosphere for playing the game tonight. Super foggy, smokey, with a pleasant aftersmell of rain and burning trees.

Owensboro

Anyone else think the multiplayer is surprisingly good? Especially survival. After completing single player, i highly recommend it. Sometimes it can get as tense as single player.

Multiplayer is awesome. Reminds me of Dayz.
3AQmK.gif

Played the multiplayer for a while but didn't expect that much from. But Holy cow that gameplay is amazing. 4 vs 4 survival is really intense, specially if you play with friends (headsets). Great atmosphere and a lot of stuff you can play free. Well done Naughty Dog, will start tommorow with the singleplayer, thank god they fix the glitch.

Hrmm. I just must not get it. Played in 4 games, got stomped in each one. Either this multiplayer isn't for me (highly possible), or I really need to be on a team with headsets. It doesn't help that I've never been a fan of multiplayer modes that are just deathmatch.

antitrop

Those Naughty Dog stickers inside the case are going on my PC case.

Weird, but I already have a nice decal collection going on it, heh.

I'll second this suggestion. Someone who is devoted to this game's MP should create it and update the OP regularly. I'd like to get a list of fellow Gaffers who are playing the MP.

Yep! MP is great! I really want a crew to run with.

Love everything about it so far (not fond of Listen Mode in MP, but it actually seems fair)

This isn't like UC3 where they threw in way too much and made everything unbalanced. This has some great elements from UC2 and the tactical parts work really well to create something intense.

Love the focus on managing things, and not just running and killing mindlessly. It's thoughtful and simple

CHC

Kinda stupid question and I know it can't really be quantified... but how does this game look on a 1080p TV? I found it hard to get used to the blurriness of 720p when I played Ni No Kuni and Rising after a lot of PC gaming on the same screen. Does it have any built in sharpening or upscaling?

By the way, if I was the religious type I would say it was divine intervention, but rained like fucking crazy over the forest fire today.

Couldn't have been luckier.

Perfect mood and atmosphere for playing the game tonight. Super foggy, smokey, with a pleasant aftersmell of rain and burning trees.

THAT is fucking cool. Load up a bowl and it can't get much better than that

AHA-Lambda

Played about an hour and a half so far and am now at the section the GOW demo was at, but tbh it's really not grabbing me :(

The opening was great but everything afterwards has been too slow, where I find myself following someone more often than not and there seems to be little depth to the stealth gameplay. I really hope this picks up.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I teared up at the intro

Yup

Intro spoilerz

It was so obvious that it was going to happen that it didn't really hit me that hard. I mean, we have seen Ellie with Joel so we knew she had to go.

Played about an hour and a half so far and am now at the section the GOW demo was at, but tbh it's really not grabbing me :(

The opening was great but everything afterwards has been too slow, where I find myself following someone more often than not and there seems to be little depth to the stealth gameplay. I really hope this picks up.

That is what I said earlier. The first hour or so is basically you following someone down streets and through buildings.

I'm about 3 hours in now and the intro is easily the highlight thus far.
God, that was harrowing as hell. Heart-breaking stuff.

DukeBobby

It picks up. My God, it definitely picks up.

Top Bottom