• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Is the hardest difficulty unlocked from start? Or do I have to play a gimped version entirely through before the game balance I choose to play on gets unlocked?

Intro spoilerz

It was so obvious that it was going to happen that it didn't really hit me that hard. I mean, we have seen Ellie with Joel so we knew she had to go.

Well, yes. [intro spoilz]
It was predictable, especially given what we knew going in. But the fact that you see this girl acting so mature early on, and then the way she cried after being shot, reminded you that she was still just a child. It was terribly heartbreaking

It was predictable, especially given what we knew going in. But the fact that you see this girl acting so mature early on, and then the way she cried after being shot, reminded you that she was still just a child. It was terribly heartbreaking

The voice acting and mocap sold it. God damn it really hit me hard. I'm not even embarrassed to admit it nearly made me cry.

DAMN MY WIFE.

She has it wrapped up for me for Father's Day. Sitting in a goddamn box. On my kitchen table.

That I can't open until Sunday.

Guess I'll play some Dragon's Dogma until then.

JawzPause

I think this is the first game ever to incorporate facebook into a game well. It's not invasive and is used in quite a humorous & intelligent way.

Zarrastro

The voice acting and mocap sold it. God damn it really hit me hard. I'm not even embarrassed to admit it nearly made me cry.

I absolutely agree. That was one of the most terrible and amazing moments i've lived with a controller in my hands. No videogame has ever made feel that way... I knew what was going to happen, but Naughty Dog's amazing narrative, full of good old dramatization techniques, made me forget about it and... Nearly cry. My hands were shanking fore quite some minutes after that, though...

Maybe someone should open a thread about this, because i feel Naughty Dog has broken some kind of barrier. A taboo about showing some things.

I dont want to get too spoilery though

Stuart444

Kinda stuck now..

Near the end of the
bus station underground tunnel area, we have to walk across trucks and that. however I end up falling in (since I can't seem to be able to jump) to the water. I end up getting scooped into a corner and unable to move (and I can't die unless I press buttons. If I touch nothing for a few minutes, then I die). And in my latest try I ended up bugging the game out by flying through the wall that was blocking me killing me by drowning. So any help?

edit: nevermind.
I avoided the issue by jumping into the water where there was a straight line past the yellow truck. After that, I swam to it and got out

sqwarlock

Are stereo headphones ok to use for this game? All I have is a pair of Sennheiser HD428s, and I really don't want to shell out for the Pulse headset unless I absolutely have to.

DatDude

Banned
Not gonna lie. This game is MUCH more enjoyable as a shooter than as a stealth game.

I tried playing it as a stealth game early on, but it's honestly not that fun. Just going all full melee, throwing your nail bomb, moltov, that powerful punch of your shotgun, upgrading your weapons. It's just incredibly more enjoyable and has really given this game a boost for me.

I absolutely agree. That was one of the most terrible and amazing moments i've lived with a controller in my hands. No videogame has ever made feel that way... I knew what was going to happen, but Naughty Dog's amazing narrative, full of good old dramatization techniques, made me forget about it and... Nearly cry. My hands were shanking fore quite some minutes after that, though...

Maybe someone should open a thread about this, because i feel Naughty Dog has broken some kind of barrier. A taboo about showing some things.

I dont want to get too spoilery though

Make a spoiler thread for only the intro? That would be neat.

I knew what to expect as well but I just didn't think it would hit me that hard.

I think everyone knew what would happen due to what was shown and known of the game before we even played it.

But it does hit you hard, the voices and mocap definitely made the scene
tears were very nearly almost shed

Ok I'm just gonna say I did cry at the intro because I was struggling to hold back my emotions. And yes, my hands were trembling, my chest felt tight, and I just sat there in complete awe of what just occurred.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The worst areas are where there are both clickers and runners. If a runner sees you, the clickers also seem to know where you are.

Well it even works for runners. Just turn your flashlight off and press the left stick sloooowly forward.

Megasoum

Banned
Is there any way to recharge the flashlight without using the SixAxis?

I'm using a third party controller because I just can't stand the Dual Shock 3 but now it looks like I will be forced to use the official DS3...arghhhh

Thrakier

It's such a shame that this gem isn't on a more capable machine. I'm avoiding using the flashlight all the time because it drops frames so badly then.

Plasmid

Almost 4 hours in to the campaign and I love it. The MP is super fun too. How do clans work though? Are they personalized or just a measurement of how you're doing in MP?

red731

So I just lost 11 ducking hours from one sitting, because the game wasn't saving progress. Back on ducking part one. I am not even that much pisssed, but yeah. I feel like I lost half a day for nothing.
I hope for skipable cut scenes, but that will be in. Duck.
I should have known better that when I couldn't exit to main menu,that something was happening. Love the game and Wil blitz through it. Nothing was saved. Nothing.
Duck again.

DatDude

Banned
Melee is extremely satisfying in this game.

OMFG tell me about it.

I mean this is probably the most satisfying melee system I've played in a game this gen. Aside from maybe arkahm asylum.

It just has real weight, and a real sense of "punch" to it. Especially when you can add things to your melee weapons. God damn.

Honestly, my favorite tactic for a runner is just to blitz straight at them and wack em with the bat and the shiv attatched. SOOOOOOO satisfying.

Donthizz#

OMFG tell me about it.

I mean this is probably the most satisfying melee system I've played in a game this gen. Aside from maybe arkahm asylum.

It just has real weight, and a real sense of "punch" to it. Especially when you can add things to your melee weapons. God damn.

Honestly, my favorite tactic for a runner is just to blitz straight at them and wack em with the bat and the shiv attatched. SOOOOOOO satisfying.

dude, you need to use Bow and arrow on runners, so mush fun!

Top Bottom