• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

58% in 9 hours, so I'm estimating 16-17 hour playthrough

So I'm out of sewers and now please some tips for that fucking
sniper
! I've died like 8 times already!

What's the best to approach? I've tried going along the left side of the house, going from car to car, going through the houses...

You can either take the row of houses on the left side of the road or the right side of the road. I tried both but ended up beating it using the left side, so take from that what you want. When you get close the door to the house the sniper is in is open, flank him from inside.

Pranay

58% in 9 hours, so I'm estimating 16-17 hour playthrough

So I'm out of sewers and now please some tips for that fucking
sniper
! I've died like 8 times already!

What's the best to approach? I've tried going along the left side of the house, going from car to car, going through the houses...

Go right first and then start going left and left and more left.

Run and crouched once if you are going through a long path whith no place to hide

I went inside and killed him. Their is a cutscene for that haha

Go right first and then start going left and left and more left.

Run and crouched once if you are going through a long path whith no place to hide

I went inside and killed him. Their is a cutscene for that haha

What the hell are you people doing? Tag these replies. Be conservative with tags when posting solutions, story bits, etc etc.

I'm more impressed with the way Elizabeth operated during gameplay, but I haven't beaten TLOU yet so we'll see. I like Clementine the best, but she contributed little to gameplay.

I sort of agree with that, which is probably why she lapses a bit in terms of humanity (most notably at the lock picking bit). To be able to move around the battlefield at such a fast pace in some of those combat sequences is remarkable alone, especially with a game that was probably developed first for the 360.

Bladenic

It's funny/weird/horrible how this game has so few trophies but they're all a bitch to get and will require lots of thorough play throughs. Damn you ND.

Mikey Jr.

Ok, I live near Toronto, Canada.

This game is sold out online at Futureshop and BestBuy.

Also, seems like FS and BB stores near me are sold out as well. Did Sony under-ship, or is it really selling that many?

Pranay

Ok, I live near Toronto, Canada.

This game is sold out online at Futureshop and BestBuy.

Also, seems like FS and BB stores near me are sold out as well. Did Sony under-ship, or is it really selling that many?

We will get uk charts soon.

Game was outselling xbox lol in amazon uk.

Should do decent. I dont think it will bomb but i dont think it will outsell gow:a which did 600k in npd

I've become really good at this game. Even on Survivor, I feel I have such a great grasp on the single-player mechanics, that it's more of going through the motions. I love this damn game. I'm already looking forward to my Survivor+ play-through. I'm weird. Watch me succeed on Twitch. I'm about 75% of the way through on Survivor difficulty.

Lima

I'm not very far into the game but I would like to know if the game offers any explanation on why Joel's hearing is so good.

Carl

So I'm the sewers,
separated with Sam, in the big room with Clickers and Stalkers

4 sawn off
2 revolver
5 shotgun
1 arrow
4 rifle
1 smoke bomb
A brick
1 shiv
No medkits, little health

Suggestions?

I just fucking legged it through that area.

I stealthed/legged it through most areas like that.

hertog

I really like this game, BUT! this game has some of the same faults as uncharted. There's just too much "action".

The beginning was perfect, but now I feel like a rambo killing machine

Bladenic

I just fucking legged it through that area.

I stealthed/legged it through most areas like that.

Could you even run through that area? There seemed to be a shit ton of enemies everywhere. Besides running through you'd miss out on a ton of collectibles.

Slurmer

Banned
Just about to start and am in settings menu. What's the consensus on listen mode, off or on? I have been on basically total blackout besides this feature.

You can either take the row of houses on the left side of the road or the right side of the road. I tried both but ended up beating it using the left side, so take from that what you want. When you get close the door to the house the sniper is in is open, flank him from inside.
I got past. That was intense

Sethos

Banned
Around 55% in and got a quick question
You need to get through that checkpoint at night, to get to the bridge. I can easily get outside and clear everyone on the ground. Then you have the guys with the spotlight and the rifle. Turn off the generator and like 4-6 guys get on the ground in 3 seconds. I can't hide or anything before they are all around me. What am I missing? How do I do this stealth?

hertog

Not a level, but the bookstore was the best encounter, amazing. I don't know who scripted that, but I owe them a drink.

What was so special about that?
I did that whole segment wrong
I threw a bottle at the wires before I knew this was gonna be an encounter, so I gunned/melee'd everyone down

StuBurns

Banned
Where is this specifically again? Not sure I remember what you are talking about.

Spoiler tag if necessary.
Alone and Forsaken, just over this bus:
LoU-0521.jpg
I threw a bottle at the wires before I knew this was gonna be an encounter, so I gunned/melee'd everyone down
It was just relentless. Jumping in and out of the windows to pick people off, then being spotted and reorganizing to take people out, it was really tense, and took a while.

I think people playing on hard and are dying are getting a much worse experience. If it's check pointing is as bad as everyone says, not quite dying hides that a lot. There's been a handful of encounters where I've been fighting for ten/fifteen minutes, constantly near death but never dying, and it's pretty amazing. If I was dying and could just brute force all these checkpoints, it'd suck I'm sure.

I'm not very far into the game but I would like to know if the game offers any explanation on why Joel's hearing is so good.
A father adapts to have superb hearing.

But yeah it may seem like great hearing but really it's just making up for the fact that you, the player, aren't actually there. I mean I can hear subtle noises in real life and have a sense for exactly where people are too, but it's sort of hard to do when the noise is coming out of your TV speakers.

Heh, I tried to be stealthy but got caught, ran for my life and sort of funneled everyone down a choke point. Guess I did it wrong too.

Madridy

You need to get through that checkpoint at night, to get to the bridge. I can easily get outside and clear everyone on the ground. Then you have the guys with the spotlight and the rifle. Turn off the generator and like 4-6 guys get on the ground in 3 seconds. I can't hide or anything before they are all around me. What am I missing? How do I do this stealth?

I remember wasting a whole hour trying to completely stealth that part, and failing each time. I kept reloading until I said fuck it and went gun blazing. ;)

Pranay

I eventually killed evrryone though but try to kill those guys before turning off the generator

iNvid02

i dont think you can do this completely stealthily as there is a cutscene shortly after. i just shot out the light and went all guns blazing.

Pranay

i dont think you can do this completely stealthily as there is a cutscene shortly after. i just shot out the light and went all guns blazing.

i killed everyone using strealth apart from the light guy but then decided to turn off the generator and kill the remaining guys

Carl

Could you even run through that area? There seemed to be a shit ton of enemies everywhere. Besides running through you'd miss out on a ton of collectibles.

Yep.
Dived into a sideroom near the end and somehow lost the clickers that were following me. Then just boosted Sam (who made a fuckton of noise) and climbed the ladder. I didn't think it would work so i was surprised when it did.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I really like this game, BUT! this game has some of the same faults as uncharted. There's just too much "action".

The beginning was perfect, but now I feel like a rambo killing machine

This, and just how predictable the events in the game have been are my too main complaints.

Vire

It was just relentless. Jumping in and out of the windows to pick people off, then being spotted and reorganizing to take people out, it was really tense, and took a while.

I think people playing on hard and are dying are getting a much worse experience. If it's check pointing is as bad as everyone says, not quite dying hides that a lot. There's been a handful of encounters where I've been fighting for ten/fifteen minutes, constantly near death but never dying, and it's pretty amazing. If I was dying and could just brute force all these checkpoints, it'd suck I'm sure.

Ah man, that part was impossible! :lol

I ended up just baiting everyone outside so I can pick them off one by one. I'll try and play it differently on my second playthrough.

LuuKyK

This, and just how predictable the events in the game have been are my too main complaints.

Really? It doesnt feel that action-y to me. Maybe thats because I spend too many time looking for loot and searching every inch of the scenario though. lol

iNvid02

i killed everyone using strealth apart from the light guy but then decided to turn off the generator and kill the remaining guys

ah ok then, so you could do it like this but kill the guy manning the light instead of going for the generator. the rest of them should jump down, take care of them stealthily and you're good to go.

Carl

I had fun with that part. Took out most of them by hiding down an alleyway and choking them as they came near me. Then there was one guy left who i couldn't find, took me a while to find him. It was a great encounter though.

cameron

Turn off the generator and sprint behind the closest car (and into the area opposite the building you started from). You can take out each dude one by one, but two of them will see a body at some point.

iNvid02

its been in amazon's top 100 for almost 4 months now, every time i've checked its been in the top 3. it currently sits at #2 behind the PS4. chart numbers should be interesting

Has anyone talked about a game stopping bug?

I'm at the 'end?' of the financial district and I can't leave. We got into a garage and Ellie wants me to boost her up to the next level but there is no triangle prompt. I've reload, restarted the game and nothing. I've been in this room for 20 minutes and it won't let me boost her up.

John_B

Awesome game. High quality package. Probably the most complete single-player experience I have had this generation. The characters and voice acting were both superb. Amazing graphics for such old hardware.

Naughty Dog has to be the most impressive developer this generation. They introduced two new successful IPs and released four games — two of which should be considered classics.

I can't wait to see what kind of magic they will pull on the PS4. I hope we see Joel and Ellie again in some way, and I hope they have new and fresh directions for Uncharted.

Top Bottom