• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dennis you should probably spoiler tag those...

We're in community now... game has been out. It might be time to loosen up on spoilers in here. Maybe ask a mod about it, have them put a warning/update in the title.

RoKKeR

What is the spoiler?

That you get to play as Ellie?

That Joel gets wounded? That is only apparent from those images if you played through it already

Well,
playing as Ellie is a pretty huge spoiler considering ND lied to the press about it to keep it a secret.
But Evolved brings up a good point, it's been more than a month and we're in Community.

Nonetheless, awesome shots. Especially the first one of Joel. The DOF effect in that section is sublime.

mf.luder

I just bought the Pulse Elite and am typing as I download the PE Manager App.

Can't wait to replay it with this. Also, super jacked it is going to work on PS4.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Just finished this game, having only seen the debut E3 Trailer and man, what a ride. The best 15 hours of the year so far.

Bummer is the fact that I started the game in Normal, then about ten minutes I jacked it to hard for the rest of the game, and after the credits, the game just gave me the Normal & Easy trophies. :/

Also, Nolan North = David? What the fuck man...

raindoc

Just finished this game, having only seen the debut E3 Trailer and man, what a ride. The best 15 hours of the year so far.

Bummer is the fact that I started the game in Normal, then about ten minutes I jacked it to hard for the rest of the game, and after the credits, the game just gave me the Normal & Easy trophies. :/

go to chapter select and play through the parts you missed on hard => trophy.

lmpaler

Yeah, if you watch the Making of video you get with the season pass he just whips the voice completely out of nowhere. It is amazing. And here I was getting sick of seeing him everywhere post UC2. Son of a bitch still has it.

Also David, dude, totally get some screenshots of the MP, specifically during those wicked special executions. That would be amazing.

supergiz

Love it but wow does this game make the fan loud on my 60gig . and freezing issues during cutscenes and during loading at the beginning.

Other than that love it

The Jer

Dennis, those images probably need to be in the spoiler thread of spoilers.

It is clear you get to play as Ellie from the second image... I would be pissed if I came into this thread and saw that before finishing the game.

That is why there is a spoiler thread. Or the image should be linked with a spoiler warning.

*edit: Nevermind. Just saw the title change.

supergiz

Great after that cutscene freeze can't load my game back up. Keeps freezing during different points of the initial game load. Any advice?

Vashetti

Banned
Hilarious because i kept screaming at the stupid people to shut the fuck up at the TV screen.

Question about TloU on Survivor other than me having a little celebratory dance every time I find a miniscule it of an ingredient, is the Shiv Master worth leveling up to max, or should I prioritize maxing the weapon sway?

Shiv Master is completely useless on Survivor.

Save your shivs for the shiv doors. You'll be given barely any anyway.

Grinchy

Banned
Question about TloU on Survivor other than me having a little celebratory dance every time I find a miniscule it of an ingredient, is the Shiv Master worth leveling up to max, or should I prioritize maxing the weapon sway?

Basically, if you're getting grabbed by a clicker, you just have to admit to yourself that you've fucked up and you need to try again and do better next time. Don't bother with that upgrade, especially on Survivor.

Steroyd

Okay max the weapon sway, got it.

Every other supplement upgrade isn't really viable except max health, and I found out late in the game how useful the bow and arrow was lol.

And fuck me, this game is brutal on survivor placing bloaters that weren't there before, I've got no bullets man and they scare me. :(

lmpaler

The best glitch I've ever encountered was when I loaded, all the enemies were on me and killed me dead. Re load and it's normal lol.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
go to chapter select and play through the parts you missed on hard => trophy.

Finished those chapters, then the trophy didn't came up. Went to play the epilogue, credits, bam, it's there. Thanks.

Just finished the game today and I got to say that this and Super Mario Galaxy are the only games that deserve to drown in perfect scores this generation. Beautiful music, engaging characters, top quality scenery and some great dialogue. The game really opened up when you got to Bill's town and it kept getting better and better from then on.

The Wyoming mountains and the University were two of my favorite levels from an atmosphere perspective. The top honors go to Ellie's struggles after the unfortunate incident at the university, though. I love snow levels and for some reason I became an expert with the bow all of a sudden. Best weapon in the game!

Edit: Oh Jeez I forgot about Demon's Souls. Ten out of ten for all the games!

RPS37

So I quit playing because of the cut-scenes-never-work glitch.
I don't want to keep going back to youtube to see what I missed.
Hopefully they release a patch for it some day.

Got it yesterday night, beat it today (LOL). Went in completely blind.

Great game, though. The beginning made me not even want to play the rest of it
(Fuck you for killing Sarah, ND)
but I'm glad I did.

Getting to play as Ellie straight-up with no gimmicks was fucking amazing. Totally did not see that coming. I kinda liked playing as her more than Joel, because she had the infinite ganking with the knife (and she's playable Ellie and that's awesome).

A9yn7UQ.jpg

Evolved1

The shotgun in this game is so amazing. There have been so many things happen I wish were recorded so I could create gifs... the things that spontaneously happen in this game are crazy sometimes.

Septimius

I think the (start of winter - spoiler)
wounding of Joel is a very major spoiler. While playing as Ellie might not change anything if you know, I think everyone should be able to experience that part fresh. I didn't notice that it was from that part when I first saw the pictures
, but spoilers in image form makes this thread completely unsafe for anyone that hasn't gotten to that part, and the consequences might be just their mind chewing on 'I wonder what that was, or when that happens, or how that happens" and such. I think posting pictures after the part you're at, now, Dennis, will potentially spoil too many things. Keep taking pictures, but play through it and then post them all in the spoiler-thread? Like, if you haven't beaten it already.

At such a late stage, the pictures can mean the viewer infer (also incorrectly) the implications of them.

Evolved1

I think the (start of winter - spoiler)
wounding of Joel is a very major spoiler. While playing as Ellie might not change anything if you know, I think everyone should be able to experience that part fresh. I didn't notice that it was from that part when I first saw the pictures
, but spoilers in image form makes this thread completely unsafe for anyone that hasn't gotten to that part, and the consequences might be just their mind chewing on 'I wonder what that was, or when that happens, or how that happens" and such. I think posting pictures after the part you're at, now, Dennis, will potentially spoil too many things. Keep taking pictures, but play through it and then post them all in the spoiler-thread? Like, if you haven't beaten it already.

At such a late stage, the pictures can mean the viewer infer (also incorrectly) the implications of them.

There is a warning now in the title for spoilers.

Steroyd

You experienced a glitch the previous time.

Enemy placement (and quantity) is the same regardless of difficulty.

Wish it made the same glitch on survivor difficulty. :(

It's such a thrill nailing the stealth sections in survivor mode without listening mode, if only I could high five myself.

suzu

I used to be addicted to soap, but now I'm clean. :)

Got the game a few days ago and finished it last night. Amazing experience. The end of Fall and the beginning of Winter had me going oh my goddddddddd.

LuuKyK

Can someone explain the green and purple grape joke to me? I dont get it. :lol

Is it like, it is purple because its not breathing or something?

Guys, I got a question. Is there still a save glitch? I turned off the wireless capabilities on my PS3 a while ago because I heard that was a way to stop it, but I kinda need to turn them on again.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I got a question. Is there still a save glitch? I turned off the wireless capabilities on my PS3 a while ago because I heard that was a way to stop it, but I kinda need to turn them on again.

its fixed. Just make sure you installed the latest update for The Last of Us. When you go online and start the game there will be a notification to update. If there is no notification youre already good2go

Åesop;71987986 said:
its fixed. Just make sure you installed the latest update for The Last of Us. When you go online and start the game there will be a notification to update. If there is no notification youre already good2go

Thanks for the info, man.

Yeah ok this game is amazing and just entered GOTG territory. I thought it was decent around Summer, got pretty good at the end of Fall and now I just finished Winter (90% in) and it is fantastic!

I love how they switch protagonists and how you run around the town stabbing people left and right as a young girl. The game does a brilliant job making you realize you are just as shitty as the people you are killing considering they think you are infected and therefore the biggest threat to them and their families now. I was amazed the whole time and pretty impressed they had the balls to do this.

Also damn David got fucking creepy once he starts attacking you with his instant kill machete. I was sweating like crazy.
When Joel reached town the game was so strong that I didn't explore an area for the first time in the whole game and I just blasted my way through.

Holy shit at the emotional ending and switch to Spring too.

Top Bottom