• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

DatDude

Banned
Am I the only one who's having trouble getting onto the site? Most of times I try, I get a Neogaf Maintenance screen and then on rare occasion, I can reach the site.

Is that because it's E3 week or something?

Just look at the main screen and see how many members there were today. Almost 30,000.

All trying to access this site, all pressing f5. The servers can't handle it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Can you have different saves running at the same time?

My housemate is interested in it and will want his own save

I'm gonna preorder the digital version. I know I'll have room for it, assuming I delete Ni No Kuni and some other stuff. I'll need about 50 gigs free, as the game has to download and then install, right? My question is this: is there a way to tell from the XMB how much room you have left on the hard drive?

Sorian

Banned
That's what I thought. So during regular non-E3 times, only the NeoGaf regulars are here?

Nah, there are plenty of lurkers all the time as well but E3 tends to draw out both lurkers and members that don't visit the site often. The number of posts trying to happen at once with breaking news doesn't help the load either.

But this game isn't meant to be survival horror.

It's survival action.

I was just responding to what someone mentioned earlier in the thread. Apologies for getting my nomenclature messed up. Regardless, I think they failed in that aspect, especially when you notice the infected moving in patrol routes. That REALLY took me out of the game.

Apoc87

Banned
is there any single-player replay value to this game besides playing on a harder difficulty/approaching encounters differently?

I'm talking about unlockables/single player xp.

I'm gonna preorder the digital version. I know I'll have room for it, assuming I delete Ni No Kuni and some other stuff. I'll need about 50 gigs free, as the game has to download and then install, right? My question is this: is there a way to tell from the XMB how much room you have left on the hard drive?
Yes go to Settings > System settings > System information

Are you preordering to download at midnight? Just so you, if you live in the US and not on the Pacific side, then the game won't be available at midnight. I live in NY and TLOU won't be available to download till 3:01 am (12:01PST)

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I've had the game since Sunday and haven't really had a chance to dive in it yet. From what I've played so far though, its fucking amazing.

BUT .. I just copped a pair of these
6b620d46_Sony_Pulse_Headset.jpeg

Ready to dive in tonight.

Andrew.

Banned
My local GS isn't doing a midnight release surprisingly, but that's actually a good thing. If I picked it up then, I'd be up until the asscrack of dawn playing it and would be a complete waste at work on Friday.

So it releases on PSN at 12:00 a.m. PT? That's awesome news for me. 9p.m. Release for me here in Hawaii. That's excellent news. Hell yeah. My hype is at a maximum level.

Can you have different saves running at the same time?

My housemate is interested in it and will want his own save

Yes, you can have different saves and you can play the chapters you completed anytime you want.

is there any single-player replay value to this game besides playing on a harder difficulty/approaching encounters differently?

I'm talking about unlockables/single player xp.

There is a new game+. You can keep your upgrades and skills and play over again but i believe that you have to get weapons again but once you get those back, you keep your upgrades.

And yes, there is a replay value. As you can aproach the encounters in different ways (stealth, direct action,)

DatDude

Banned
I was just responding to what someone mentioned earlier in the thread. Apologies for getting my nomenclature messed up. Regardless, I think they failed in that aspect, especially when you notice the infected moving in patrol routes. That REALLY took me out of the game.

It's a video game, especially one that's running on 8 year old hardware. What game doesn't have enemies that move in scripted patrol routes? That aren't pop in closet monsters that just run and attack you.

It's a video game, especially one that's running on 8 year old hardware. What game doesn't have enemies that move in scripted patrol routes? That aren't pop in closet monsters that just run and attack you.

Dude, I honestly don't know how to respond to your responses to my criticism. How about we pick up this conversation a couple of days from now after you've had some time with the game.

Takuhi

Does anyone know if stores will get in extra copies of the Survival Edition for day-one purchases, or is that a preorder-only thing? Or if there are there any stores (Target?) that didn't do their allotment through preorders?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just had an email from tesco saying my game has been dispatched....
And the expected delivery date is the 15th

ibYuLT3nMVHs6.gif

Not impressed. My post box at uni doesn't open on weekends which means I wont be able to get it till Monday.

So yeah.... this just came in and I think I'll be doing a youtube stream in just a bit. Will not post spoilers and of course anyone that watches, does so at their own risk. :D

tI7ViMMl.jpg

Mr.Swag

Banned
I've had the game since Sunday and haven't really had a chance to dive in it yet. From what I've played so far though, its fucking amazing.

BUT .. I just copped a pair of these
6b620d46_Sony_Pulse_Headset.jpeg

Ready to dive in tonight.
Fuck. I want those so bad.
I just can't afford spending $100 plus right now.

Saving up for that ps4

Alrighty. Going to stream for just a bit. Dun, Dun, Dun. Enter at your own risk. *edit* Well I ended it already. Can't spoil this for people. Too damn good just from the start. I felt wrong streaming it any longer. Sorry guys. I'll post impressions later.

Sorian

Banned
Holy shit at this thread being buried lol must be E3 week.

So, I just got a call from gamestop telling me that I have the post-pandemic edition pre-ordered with them. I immediatly asked if that was a mistake in their system because I specifically remember going in there to pre-order it and getting turned away because they weren't taking anymore pre-orders. He verified my info a couple times and said that it was, for sure, pre-ordered in my name. This is a development that I can live with!

be sure to give some non spoiler impressions when you get the chance!
So when Friday comes and 99% of us here have the game, how restrictive do we have to be with spoilers? Like let's say I play the opening and it's amazing and I want to discuss here. Would I need tags or will the spoiler thread be for that?

DukeBobby

So when Friday comes and 99% of us here have the game, how restrictive do we have to be with spoilers? Like let's say I play the opening and it's amazing and I want to discuss here. Would I need tags or will the spoiler thread be for that?

There should be a spoiler thread by then. If not, create one yourself.

Top Bottom