• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Slair

My Elle edition arrived this morning. I kept myself in the dark as much as i could, occasionally watching snippets here and there, and holy shit the intro section was fantastic. The animation and acting are top notch, unfortunately my girlfriend has been watching and i cant continue until she comes back home, she rarely gets interested in the games i play, but the intro got it's hooks into her.

Garibaldi

Mine shipped from amazon earlier today. Hyped! I'm just sitting here listening to the frankly awesome soundtrack from the Sights and Sounds Pack (amazon emailed me the code to download).

My hype is fully in check. I'm expecting a good game, not the masterpiece that reviewers say it is.
I don't know...people here are saying the second half is incredible, mind boggling, HL2/RE4 quality

But I'm an easy gamer to please. Low standards for enjoyment, I guess. If the graphics are decent, the AI doesn't just stand there and has some semblance of intelligence, and the gameplay is fun/challenging...I'm going to like it.

If a game amounts to more than that, does something unique, has exceptional narrative or gameplay...I'm going to love it.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
None of the GameStops are doing midnight release around me because not enough people preordered by the end of May.

I'M GOING TO DIE.

Damn, got the game early, thanks gamestop.
played my first hour and having a blast. the first ten minutes, best first ten minutes in gaming in my opinion.

everyone who owns a ps3 should buy this.

kasane

Damn, got the game early, thanks gamestop.
played my first hour and having a blast. the first ten minutes, best first ten minutes in gaming in my opinion.

everyone who owns a ps3 should buy this.

Mah local gamestop guy wont give it to me early. No matter how i convince him like imma pre order ps4 and all the games for youuuu. He just wont budge. 1 more day.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is the lack of midnight releases (indicating lack of preorders) a bad sign for this game's sales?

Highly, highly unlikely.

I had a conversation with a gamestop employee whilst containing my tears and he was going on about how he thinks that the general consumer doesn't realize just how big this game really is.

Something like that. :lol

nitric0

I have to drive deep into the city at midnight to get my copy. The GS near my house isn't doing a midnight release which is odd since they did it for God of War

I don't know...people here are saying the second half is incredible, mind boggling, HL2/RE4 quality

But I'm an easy gamer to please. Low standards for enjoyment, I guess. If the graphics are decent, the AI doesn't just stand there and has some semblance of intelligence, and the gameplay is fun/challenging...I'm going to like it.

If a game amounts to more than that, does something unique, has exceptional narrative or gameplay...I'm going to love it.

Well if you give a game that much room to disappoint, you better be easy to please :p

Andrew.

Banned
Unless you live in the boonies and are far away from civilization and shopping centers, I dont get why you all dont choose to just pick up the game (especially ones of this magnitude of awesomeness) at a store rather than playing Russian roulette with Amazon and the post office.

Amazon shipped mine Wednesday night with an expected delivery of Friday. I was really surprised when my wife texted me that they just delivered it. They must have used a distribution center close to where I live.

DukeBobby

Unless you live in the boonies and are far away from civilization and shopping centers, I dont get why you all dont choose to just pick up the game (especially ones of this magnitude of awesomeness) at a store rather than playing Russian roulette with Amazon and the post office.

I'm glad we don't have this problem in the UK. There are several online retailers that will get the game to you a day or two before release. Pretty much guaranteed.

Well if you give a game that much room to disappoint, you better be easy to please :p
I am.

For a game to be "good" IMO:
- decent graphics
- AI that at very least takes cover
- more than 5 hours
- no game breaking glitches/bugs
- is fun

That's basically it. Games that do more than that...there's no way I'm not going to like it.

Because in the years since I began using Amazon I haven't had a single game not show up on it's day of release. Oh, and I don't pay tax.

You couldn't pay me to step foot in a Gamestop at this point.

I just quieted the game because the place I have just reached in the game was so beautiful I didn't want to continue and leave that place lol

I gotta ask you without you spoiling exactly what though.
So what makes the second half that much crazy... is it a gameplay mechanic, or just what the game throws at you from a narrative standpoint.
Feel free to DM me the answer so you don't spoil it :D

I know what I'm going to do later.

spats

So yeah. After over five years, my PS3 overheated and got the blinking red light. A day before this goddamn game comes out.

There's no way I'm buying new hardware at this point, so I might be able to play this on the office PS3. Does this game require a big install?

iNvid02

So yeah. After over five years, my PS3 overheated and got the blinking red light. A day before this goddamn game comes out.

There's no way I'm buying new hardware at this point, so I might be able to play this on the office PS3. Does this game require a big install?

someone has cursed you, that is so unlucky. no install needed though

#NaughtyGods

Dude Abides

Banned
Because in the years since I began using Amazon I haven't had a single game not show up on it's day of release. Oh, and I don't pay tax.

You couldn't pay me to step foot in a Gamestop at this point.

Same here. Amazon uses UPS for me, not the post office. And every time I try to go to my Gamestop I end up standing in line for 30 minutes due to employee incompetence/insouciance.

Does anyone know how the PSN version install works? Does it download half it, then installs that half (ugh) and keeps downloading the rest? or does it install fully once it has been download? Or is the download broken into two parts?

Top Bottom