• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

Actually playing so I'll go into impressions later but man it seems like the work benches are nowhere to be found. Just got to
The town with bill in the press demo
and I've found one in the game so far. Feel like I'm looking everywhere too, perhaps I'm confusing them for tables.

Truant

I'm seriously considering waiting for the inevitable PS4 version. The image quality is atrocious. Opening was pretty damn good, though.

My download is done. Will be starting my stream here in a bit. Stream link in case anyone was interested. Though, I don't know why you would watch someone else play this game in particular. Still, it's there if you want to watch. Also, I can confirm that 68.19 % is the magic number you need to get to in the PSN version.

Morue

Played for more than 9 hours and I'm at 47% or something. Holy shit, the moment
Joel has to regroup with Ellie after falling from the elevator
was creepy and tense as hell!!

Some of the ennemies reminded me of the shibito nurse from siren blood curse, the one who has maggots coming out of her eyes.

leng jai

It's ironic that the gunplay is so much better than Uncharted. The opposite would have been far more beneficial.

The IQ isn't the best and the FPS slightly sketchy. This game is begging for PS4.

Amir0x

Banned
i have played for around 5 hours and got only 20% of the game.
why?

because i explore every square of this lovely world nd created.
i try to listen to every dialog and look at every poster graffiti etc.
and of course i try to get never spotted (playing on hard)
once i got spotted i reload

watching me playing would be very boring i guess :)

but i like it

Thats exactly that way I am going to play when I get my game today >:)

People use guns? I find them pretty useless on higher difficulties. Well, apart from the really powerful ones. But perhaps I'm just having too much fun with stealth kills. Some of those takedowns are brutal. Pistol whipping, knee in the face, head against wall. Joel is one mean son of a bitch.

Footos22

One thing i have noticed is the enemy AI is pretty poor.
Was expecting alot, my first experience with the AI was 2 goons.
Blind as bats. couldn't see me a few feet away. Killed one. The other ran off when he noticed only for him to be constantly running into a garage wall like he was on a treadmill or something.

Can't have it all i suppose. Hopefully that was just a bad glitch.

wastewater

Neo Member
Just traded in Infinite and Last light and got this for 99p, i just took two random games worth something and saw the deal when i got there, i feel guilty gaf :/ normally i wouldn't give a shit but ND are some of the good guys.

Think i'll get the season pass to make me feel better.

bitoriginal

Having played this game for about 8 hours, all I can say is that it's top of it's class in what it attempts to be. However, in terms of gameplay mechanics, it's really following a stale formula. I think that in terms of the animation, graphics, voice acting and narrative, it's great. But damn, it's really not that compelling when it comes to actual gameplay, which is a shame.

dan2026

One thing i have noticed is the enemy AI is pretty poor.
Was expecting alot, my first experience with the AI was 2 goons.
Blind as bats. couldn't see me a few feet away. Killed one. The other ran off when he noticed only for him to be constantly running into a garage wall like he was on a treadmill or something.

Can't have it all i suppose. Hopefully that was just a bad glitch.

No the AI is dumb as fuck.
I had two AI controlled companions with me and a Clicker walked right into both of them several times.
The Clicker didn't react and neither did they.

Elixist

I'm about to start in about an hour.
Go for hard mode right away?

I hate this in stealth games :(

thats wat i did doesnt seem so far 3 is hours in.

side note: yay i lost 3 hours of my progress and when i tried to exit game thru the xmb(because the in game exit option said autosaving and was greyed out) it crashed the system. all reloaded now and its letting me manual save, hoping it was a 1 time glitch.

Does anybody know how I can
retrieve the medal from the tree
that's near the beginning.

I'm not sure if it's worthy of being spoiler tagged but I'm being careful.

That moment when you are walking in a room and all of a sudden you hear that clicking noise coming out of your rear speakers, you turn around and it is standing right in front of you so you freeze.

''Move along.... Go away.. Go...''

bitoriginal

I had two AI controlled companions with me and a Clicker walked right into both of them several times.

Enemies don't respond to your AI companions. Presumably done to make the game less frustrating. It does kinda ruin the immersion during every stealth segment though.

Trying to buy this on PSN but it won't let me add funds to my wallet after I got a notice to my chase account about fraud prevention. I authorized all the purchases I had recently made and it said my card would be available for "immediate use" but that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyone have any ideas about whether this is a PSN side issue or a Chase side issue?

Game has the typical Naughty Dog autosaving for what seems like an eternity every time you load, makes it hard to reload checkpoints. Do they do this on purpose?

Loomba

Did this as well.

Waste of ammo imo.

Didn't even think about that, I had 7 bullets at the time. I immediately went "Damn that wasn't worth the bullet" hah.

I rushed to it because
someone said that it was something to do with uncharted in the demo thread so didn't really think about it

There's a glitch in the autosave that just made me lose 2 hours, I'm going to make a thread about it, there's a way to tell when it happens.
God I'm so pissed right now.

I played more multiplayer last night - is definitely a very solid implementation of the genre.

Let down somewhat when you get paired up with people who prefer to run and gun, although I put that down more to the game being newly released than anything. Nothing is more annoying than being close by a team mate and them refusing to come and revive you.

Granted, I haven't played Survival game type yet so it may appeal more to players with my style of play.

One thing I'd love though, is the ability to throw objects around in order to distract enemy players - patch it in somehow ND!

anddo0

thats wat i did doesnt seem so far 3 is hours in.

side note: yay i lost 3 hours of my progress and when i tried to exit game thru the xmb(because the in game exit option said autosaving and was greyed out) it crashed the system. all reloaded now and its letting me manual save, hoping it was a 1 time glitch.

Hard mode it is. Thanks.

Enemies don't respond to your AI companions. Presumably done to make the game less frustrating. It does kinda ruin the immersion during every stealth segment though.

Noooo! Another pet peeve I have with games.

There's a glitch in the autosave that just made me lose 2 hours, I'm going to make a thread about it, there's a way to tell when it happens.

Please tell me there is a manual save?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

I got hit with it too just now and i'm like 13hours in. Couldn't manual save or quit to main menu, had to reboot the game. Hope i didn't lose much since i still had a manual save. But probably lost 1hour or so.

Hard is challenging but not frustrating.

I encourage everyone to just keep it on hard. You might die a few times more but the added suspense just makes it worth your while.

lucius

Guess I will try on Hard first, I did for both Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider, while I found TR way easy on Hard, Infinite on hard seem just about right.

Top Bottom