• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us |OT| It Can’t Be For Nothing (Spoilers)

vladdamad

Yep, just checked for ya.

yes and you can do it while in game

Hard is challenging but not frustrating.

I encourage everyone to just keep it on hard. You might die a few times more but the added suspense just makes it worth your while.

Thanks guys, will definitely start on Hard when Amazon eventually delivers this to me. Normally I'm not a huge fan of higher difficulties in games like these just because I'm too interested in the story to spend hours on a particularly tricky section, but I'm also a huge survival horror fan, so maybe Hard will be the difficulty setting for me

monome

Last of Us is proof Uncharted 3 had forced gunplay to satisfy Sony's needs of a killer MP for PS3.

Proof that both ND and Sony can manage to see their faults and move to greener pastures.

Fuck yeah. thanks to everyone involved in this game.

hlhbk

So I haven't started playing my redbox copy yet. Does anyone think that if start playing that copy of the game that for some reason the online pass I already ordered would not work on the copy I would be getting from Amazon today? Could it tie the online pass to the disk? I am just a bit nervous about it.....

Sickbean

Last of Us is proof Uncharted 3 had forced gunplay to satisfy Sony's needs of a killer MP for PS3.

Proof that both ND and Sony can manage to see their faults and move to greener pastures.

Great to hear.

I came to Uncharted 3 with a blank canvas (only recently got a PS3 so missed the first 2), and found it to be a mostly amazing game punctuated by unwanted annoying gunfights.

Looking forwards to playing this tonight - better be on my doormat when I get home or I'm coming for you postman!

Are difficulty trophies stackable? For instance, if I play the game on normal first, I know I unlock survivor. So on my second playthrough, can I complete survivor and unlock the hard mode trophy? Thanks in advance.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Anyone know how I can get my hands on that making of (called Grounded i believe) that comes with the season pass? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Are difficulty trophies stackable? For instance, if I play the game on normal first, I know I unlock survivor. So on my second playthrough, can I complete survivor and unlock the hard mode trophy? Thanks in advance.
The trophy list suggests that they do stack. I know they stack on uncharted as well.

Why the hell does it load so long (after starting the game) after I installed the 1.01-patch (there's even a percentage shown now)? It was way faster yesterday and the day before, when I had no patch installed..

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I'm seriously considering waiting for the inevitable PS4 version. The image quality is atrocious. Opening was pretty damn good, though.

Kind of wish they had just held it back for the PS4 launch, frame rate is pretty bad at points too.

The ONLY thing I'm getting really frustrated with are the clickers. Normal infected are fine, but it's a fucking nightmare constantly running around when there's a group of both.

So I haven't started playing my redbox copy yet. Does anyone think that if start playing that copy of the game that for some reason the online pass I already ordered would not work on the copy I would be getting from Amazon today? Could it tie the online pass to the disk? I am just a bit nervous about it.....

I don't think the online pass links to a specific disk.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Praying this gets delivered today so I don't have to wait till Monday
I need to get my life

I'm seriously considering waiting for the inevitable PS4 version. The image quality is atrocious. Opening was pretty damn good, though.

Atrocious? Really? I'm curious what adjectives you'd use to describe certain other game because that's one of the worst I can think of and surely there are games that look worse than this? Gaf hyperbole FTW.

leng jai

Atrocious? Really? I'm curious what adjectives you'd use to describe certain other game because that's one of the worst I can think of and surely there are games that look worse than this? Gaf hyperbole FTW.

The IQ is about as good as most console games with high end graphics. Definitely better than UC3.

how does a shooter have forced gunplay

Enjoying this.

Prologue and intro was nicely done.

It even got my emotions going

Only small gripe I have is that Troy Baker sounds almost exactly like Nolan North, which isn't helping distance this game from just being Uncharted.

Also, for a game where rations are supposedly vital storyline wise, I can't understand why I can't stuff all those candy bars into my backpack...

I think I know what you mean. Framerate can take a hit in parts, and some of the world textures are horribly out of place. However, the atmosphere is nice.

The IQ is about as good as most console games with high end graphics. Definitely better than UC3.

The AA isn't perfect but other than that the game is gorgeous. It's one of the best looking games on consoles period.

Only small gripe I have is that Troy Baker sounds almost exactly like Nolan North, which isn't helping distance this game from just being Uncharted.

Joel sounds nothing like Drake dude. What the hell?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Amazon ripped me off again you guys.
Was supposed to be delivered to day but my postman didn't have it with him. Why am I paying for next day delivery when Amazon sends it for 2 working days delivery. lol

I've been having problems with Prime every single time they send it using Royal Mail. Which is a shame, I am unsubscribing.

By what standard? Certainly not PS3 standard. It's all about the graphics with some people, I'm glad I'm not like that.

I dont really care about the texture pop in and what have you but the motion blur and filter are just plain ugly. I am a PC gamer and I always turn off motion blur or set it to low on this the slightest movement will cause motion blur and the blur is highlighted by the ugly filter all compiling into what looks like a watercolour painting.

By what standard? Certainly not PS3 standard. It's all about the graphics with some people, I'm glad I'm not like that.

This. Also, it's aboslutely gorgeous in places.
The woods being a good example.

That and the animation and attention to detail are in a league of their own.

Most importantly: it's a ton of fun to play.

Just a word of warning, I think I experienced a bug where the autosave feature gets stuck. Check on it from time to time to see if it is perpetually "Autosaving".

I lost about 2 hours of progress and now Im totally taken out of it.

Excessive motion blur and stupid fucking grainy filter ruin it; Constant texture pop in and individual textures themselves look less than impressive.
Yeah your standards are just different from ours, being primarily a PC gamer.

What you consider bad or awful, us console gamers consider top notch AAA quality

monome

how does a shooter have forced gunplay

my point is, after Uncharted 2 and that it offered something quite distinct from a simple GoW clone, few people wanted Drake to fight spamming hordes of lacking visual flair ennemies.

TBH, Tintin (the CG movie) is a better Uncharted 3 experience. Shooting is ok in Uncharted. Many aspects are godlike. So yeah...less shooting in an adventure/action game rather than shoehorning a TPS within a AAA budget game that clearly aspires to be its own thing rather than Sony's AAA shooter game.

Just a word of warning, I think I experienced a bug where the autosave feature gets stuck. Check on it from time to time to see if it is perpetually "Autosaving".

I lost about 2 hours of progress and now Im totally taken out of it.

i'm afraid.
I played Unchrted 3 with the inferior Day 1 controls. never managed to replay it with the bette ones.

I'm 6 hrs in. no way I can go back to the intro, however good it was.

vladdamad

my point is, after Uncharted 2 and that it offered something quite distinct from a simple GoW clone, few people wanted Drake to fight spamming hordes of lacking visual flair ennemies.

TBH, Tintin (the CG movie) is a better Uncharted 3 experience. Shooting is ok in Uncharted. Many aspects are godlike. So yeah...less shooting in an adventure/action game rather than shoehorning a TPS within a AAA budget game that clearly aspires to be its own thing rather than Sony's AAA shooter game.

You're so right about Tintin, that film was really underrated. Some of the setpieces there were absolutely insane

Yeah your standards are just different from ours, being primarily a PC gamer.

What you consider bad or awful, us console gamers consider top notch AAA quality

Yeah thats what I think as well, I find it hard to go back to 720p 30fps coming from 4k 60fps 8x SGSSAA and all that malarkey. I guess my account is more useful to the PC gamers here considering it.

leng jai

Yeah thats what I think as well, I find it hard to go back to 720p 30fps coming from 4k 60fps 8x SGSSAA and all that malarkey. I guess my account is more useful to the PC gamers here considering it.

I'm coming off playing Grid 2 at max on my PC too. That doesn't mean you bring those expectations to a high end console game running 8 year old hardware.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
One thing I wish was incorporated into the gameplay was sounds from walking over certain materials attracting the attention of the Clickers. Things like sneaking over broken glass or gravel. If you played the training mode in one of the early Splinter Cells you would've experienced this.

I#m loving the pacing of the game so far, won't spoil it at all but am roughly, at a guess, 8-9hrs through. Been progressing quite well on Hard.

I really wish the lens filters for the game were unlockable before finishing it though. Would really like to try out the Old West one, well, actually all three of them. Oh well, save it for Survivor and Survivor+.

I am a PC gamer

Understandable why you see it as awful, but what do you expect from 7 year old hardware?

Personally, I think it looks great for the limitations of the hardware and am enjoying the game.

Top Bottom