• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Even after 70 years the Wan Shi Tong is still a dick. If anybody ever goes to that library again he's just going to be like, "fuck off human."

Does Chi Chi even have much of a personality? I only remember her child form in Dragonball I didn't see the last arc where she fought in the last tournament. Videl is pretty fun. She even joined Gohan as Saiyawoman. I guess I'll have to watch Ball and Z again at some point...GT...most likely not.

She wants to Marry Goku, is pretty much her entire character in Dragon Ball.

In Z, it's that she was Gohan to be a researcher/ Scholar. Which is legit fine, because unlike Goku and Goten, Gohan actually doesn't like fighting. But she still yells at everyone for not being normal enough.

She never learns how to fly even though she would be more than capable of it. And she is more interested in Videls money than if she was actually a good fit for gohan.

Daemul

The current conversation has inspired me to go and rewatch Gohan's high school arc, and oh boy, is Videl's friend really thirsty for Gohan lol

The current conversation has inspired me to go and rewatch Gohan's high school arc, and oh boy, is Videl's friend really thirsty for Gohan lol
Dat saiyan thirst is real, just ask Bulma whom married Vegeta for no fucking reason.
She wants to Marry Goku, is pretty much her entire character in Dragon Ball.

In Z, it's that she was Gohan to be a researcher/ Scholar. Which is legit fine, because unlike Goku and Goten, Gohan actually doesn't like fighting. But she still yells at everyone for not being normal enough.

She never learns how to fly even though she would be more than capable of it. And she is more interested in Videls money than if she was actually a good fit for gohan.
My god they wrote her like a stereotypical Asian woman/mother. Not trying to sound racist, but I've known a couple like that.

What were the other shows?

To name a few off the top of my head: Sword Art Online, Black Butler 2, and Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor are all pretty terrible. The second season of Darker Than Black I can push through no problem, but it's a damn mess. Black Butler 2 and SAO are sins against mankind. I've had to sit through some pretty garbage live-action shows as well, mostly just sitcoms and reality shows though, so they don't leave much of an imprint as far as memory goes. Blue Exorcist and Kaze no Stigma are exercises in mediocrity of the highest fucking order, so even if they aren't bad, good lord they are boring as hell. I suppose I'd rather watch a memorably bad show than the most boring show in existence.

EDIT: I just remembered Birds of Prey. Holy shit Birds of Prey is terrible. Absolutely fucking awful. The worst 13 episodes I've ever watched. Also, Scrubs' ninth season was pretty bad, too. Not too bad, but not the most enjoyable. I could go without watching it again (although I probably will, because I love Scrubs)

EDIT AGAIN: Oh god and the Marvel anime. Aw man...it's all coming back...damn it...

To name a few off the top of my head: Sword Art Online, Black Butler 2, and Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor are all pretty terrible. The second season of Darker Than Black I can push through no problem, but it's a damn mess. Black Butler 2 and SAO are sins against mankind. I've had to sit through some pretty garbage live-action shows as well, mostly just sitcoms and reality shows though, so they don't leave much of an imprint as far as memory goes. Blue Exorcist and Kaze no Stigma are exercises in mediocrity of the highest fucking order, so even if they aren't bad, good lord they are boring as hell. I suppose I'd rather watch a memorably bad show than the most boring show in existence.

EDIT: I just remembered Birds of Prey. Holy shit Birds of Prey is terrible. Absolutely fucking awful. The worst 13 episodes I've ever watched. Also, Scrubs' ninth season was pretty bad, too. Not too bad, but not the most enjoyable. I could go without watching it again (although I probably will, because I love Scrubs)

EDIT AGAIN: Oh god and the Marvel anime. Aw man...it's all coming back...damn it...
Darker than Black season 2 is watchable, there's some obvious bullshit in it, but at least I've seen worse. I've never seen Black Butler. I think I mind wiped Birds of Prey...I know I've seen it, which I can say the same about Cleopatra 2525, but I can't for the life of me remember any of it.

Afrocious

i just want a comic of korra being gay with asami

it can be a literal rewrite of book 2. i simply dont care.

i know what i want dammit

Darker than Black season 2 is watchable, there's some obvious bullshit in it, but at least I've seen worse. I've never seen Black Butler. I think I mind wiped Birds of Prey...I know I've seen it, which I can say the same about Cleopatra 2525, but I can't for the life of me remember any of it.

DTB2 is definitely watchable, and it has some cool moments. It's bad for a different reason than the other stuff I listed. It's bad because there's clearly a lot more that was intended to be in it, and it was chopped out after the fact. That's what it feels like, at least, and it's truly a shame because I love that world and those characters. Birds of Prey is honestly straight garbage (you lucky bastard), and I actually recommend Black Butler. Just not season 2, unless you are really curious. Don't say I didn't warn you though. The first season truly is fantastic, with one of the best endings I've ever seen in a series. And that's saying something.

I forgot I watched Elfen Lied. Worst thing I've ever watched to completion

Really? I though Elfen Lied was fantastic. Horribly depressing, though. Makes me sad just thinking about it. I mean, I won't watch it again because of how depressing it is, but I thought it was really good.

HOLY SHIT @ Gohans First Date episode

HOLY SHIT @ Chi Chi's story about her date with Goku

Dat innuendo.

What a weird way to start off that saga, too. "Hey, remember that world-ending bullshit that happened? Let's skip ahead several years! Here's Gohan! He's in high school! Dating!"

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
i just want a comic of korra being gay with asami

it can be a literal rewrite of book 2. i simply dont care.

i know what i want dammit

Yes please.

Currently reading a Korrasami fanfiction work titled "Book Five: Love". It only has three chapters so far, but I'm liking what I'm reading so far. Incredibly mushy stuff. XD

360pages

What a weird way to start off that saga, too. "Hey, remember that world-ending bullshit that happened? Let's skip ahead several years! Here's Gohan! He's in high school! Dating!"

It is weird, but not bad. I actually liked the Buu Saga all the way up to the point where Buu was introduced. You rarely seen any downtime inbetween Saga's that isn't training.

It is weird, but not bad. I actually liked the Buu Saga all the way up to the point where Buu was introduced. You rarely seen any downtime inbetween Saga's that isn't training.

That's pretty much how I feel. To be fair to that saga, Goku vs. Vegeta round 2 is my favorite fight in the series.

Kinvara

I still think Sokka is Lin's real dad.

My theory is Sokka and Toph had an affair but had to keep it under wraps to keep Sokka's marriage safe.

*Suyin, you mean

For the record, I'm not going anywhere.

I was going to leave, hence the self-ban. I only came back to give away my PS4. But I'm not leaving anymore. I was hanging on to so much guilt and sadness over a relationship that fell apart on GAF. I can't get into details. BUT...I no longer feel guilt, because I think the other person is a piece of shit.

I made mistakes. But I always had the courage to talk it out and never abandon them. I gave them so much support, but when it came to things becoming hard on my end, they just cut and ran. Didn't even have the guts to say goodbye or explain things. I had to find out by messaging someone else.

I can't talk about it more then that. And tbh I don't want to. I won't. But I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm not going anywhere.

I had to do something similar a while ago.

I really liked this person but they kept trying to emotionally manipulate me. It was really frustrating and upsetting so I had to cut off all contact.

Feel so much better now.

Daemul

Someone link meh to a good Kuvira FF. =(

ugoKd.gif

lol at the youtube comments defending Goku's parenting or lackthereof.
Goku isn't the most active parent. He's more or less the type that leaves and watches his kids grow up through a crystal ball...actually fucking not even since he didn't even know Goten was born. Fucking hilarious how King Kai didn't even bother to tell him.

360pages

Legit, for people who finished Z, just watch Battle of he Gods, it has some beautiful animation. And it erases GT from Canon.

I do kind of want Korra or the Avatar series to get a decent/Good movie though.

Yeah yeah.

Okay, let me rephrase this... Can someone link me to a good Kuvira fan fic that ISN'T a shipping fan fic?

If someone makes a fanfic of Kuvira revision as Le Napoleon ( 1800-1818 ), from glorious star to a blanket of the darkness in the night sky. I'll read it, if its good.

Toa TAK

Banned
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10919241/1/

Here you go!

*tries to put in a fanfic which was obviously Kuvora*

Booooooo!
HA! Take that!
tumblr_nhe312xDiK1ry1sxno1_500.gif

Tak needs to let go of his earthly tether and embrace dat shippage.
tumblr_nh2ubjX5I41qix1c2o1_r1_1280.png
Never!

Cute drawing, though.
If someone makes a fanfic of Kuvira revision as Le Napoleon ( 1800-1818 ), from glorious star to a blanket of the darkness in the night sky. I'll read it, if its good.
Yes, finally someone who understand me.

Afrocious

This Book 5 love fic I'm reading...I feel like I'm reading a story about 2 dainty women from the 1700s or 1800s. This dialogue is hilarious.

"Well what is it then? You can ask me absolutely anything Korra... I'm not going anywhere."

I swallowed again, the intensity and certainty in those words resonating deep within me.

"It's just a little embarrassing," I murmur, turning away and fidgeting where I stood.

I could see her studying my face intently out of the corner of my eye, eventually a sly little grinned formed on her lips.

"You don't need to ask if you want to kiss me again, you know," she said in a conspiratorial whisper.

I had to wonder if my heart skipping so many beats was going to be dangerous in the long run...

"Not that!" I sputtered.

"Oh? You don't want to kiss me again?" she asked, feigning a frown.

Oddly enough, this all reminds me of this girl I had a fling with before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom