• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old are you, and from what era do you come? These are important questions, but, my god.

God.
34, been playing games since the Atari.

Previous all-time favorites (abridged):
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Mario World
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Metroid Prime

BotW might be better than all of these games.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
bah gawd. with 37 reviews!

xt7IsFE.png

All the big hitters MC wise have released there reviews. Should hover around there for there till the final consensus.

Philippo

Wow.

I mean, i expected a 93-95 MC, but this is looking like it's going to be even higher.

Congrats Nintendo, not only did you prove that being bold and striving for innovation in years long series is always a good move (even when it doesn't turn out well), but you finally rejuvenated the Zelda series, probably freeing it from the shackles of OoT legacy.

Bravo!

ZombAid82

Well, now it's even more unbearable that my switch is coming on the 08.03.2017 to my house...
Maybe I should do a switcheroo with Media Markt or Saturn...
The game arrives (hopefully) tomorrow!

Hype-Thruster on Full Speed coke and Crack!!!

Posting in legendary (of zelda) thread!

So glad I've paid off my Switch and Zelda collectors edition already. Going to pick it up tomorrow!

This is unreal. And in the current era where game reviews are more sceptical in general. Congrats to everyone involved, seems like a genuine masterpiece

ClarkZuckerberg

Neo Member
Damn. Impressive scores. Never played a Zelda game so I think there might be SOME hyperbole because of nostalgia with the Zelda franchise, but still extremely impressive nevertheless. The Switch hardware seems super dope and can't wait to pick it up next year in a bundle! Just can't see myself paying $500+ Canadian for a Switch and 1 game I may or may not like, after taxes.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I complained about Skyward Sword diligently for years, my hard work paid off.

PHIN12

Neo Member
i came to this thread because i was promised carnage!

Amazing scores! Just 1.5 hours to go here and its mine! A perk of being in australia

Red

From Trusted Reviews:

For example, the most iconic weapon possibly in all of gaming, the Master Sword, is hidden deep within part of the world and at no point does the game tell you how to get it. I decided around halfway through the game to go and search for it, having studied the map and having a hunch it was found in a particular area. The nearly two-hour journey of solving puzzles and reading the map to finally see Link standing in front of the plinth housing the Master Sword was one of the most memorable gaming experiences I’ve ever had, simply because I learned how to find it on my own.

Not story-related.

This is what I've wanted for a long time.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Totally skipped over Zelda as a kid and even today the only one I've played for more than 30 minutes is Link Between Worlds. These reviews got me thirsty tho.

I don't care but does anyone remember TrickeyShadow or whatever posting that picture in the Horizon review thread of Wind Waker Link with his mouth open saying "Link looks shook"?????

Good times...

• Chrono Trigger
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Mario World
  • Metroid Prime

I like your phrasing here in the bold. Those of us that have been around this long know that when you get up to the best games ever created, the list changes often, changes order often, and becomes a heaven of highs regardless of the titles to which we personally become attached. Thanks for the feedback.

I could not be more excited.

RocknRola

On the way to becoming the highest rated game of this gen! Congrats Nintendo! What a start to your new console!

Unless RDR2, TLOU:part 2 or Mario Odyssey surpass this I really think we already have our highest rated game for this gen (perhaps even one of the highest rated games of all time). Of course it's never wise to predict the future, but this has set the bar very high (in terms of scores) to be beat for sure.

How long did Horizon have it?

What did Horizon even have?
Its a damn good game and a breath of fresh air
but no breath of the wild amirite?!
in the open world genre and an achievement in open world story telling.
But it was never hailed as the next coming of Jesus.

The only pedestal it was on was "best graphics" and this certainly didn't change today.

Peltz

• Chrono Trigger
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Mario World
  • Metroid Prime

My brain is exploding. 1 more day. Hnnngggg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom