• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
And my hot take is that you should spend more time posting in something other than the Horizon OT if you want to come of as anything but salty.

And you should roll back further than my last 10 posts if you're gonna stalk my posts looking for an 'oh no you didn't' mic drop. I mean, god forbid I post in an OT around the launch of a new game.

I'm a man of word:

3a2400f2dde4f0600623e201c65710a7.png
You done good.

I'm ok till I platinum Horizon, so hopefully Switche's pop back up in regular stock in the next few weeks or so. I think Nintendo said they aren't trying to have shortages like they did with Wii this time.

And guys first it goes from, developer track record

- to who's doing the most innovation

- to who has the higher meta

- to who sales the most

- who looks the best

- who has the best gameplay

Can we just STOP IT!!! In the words of bob Marley please, "Every little thing, is gonna be alright"

We are in a special time in gaming, please please please enjoy it! There's enough hate in the world.

DylanEno

Good to see all that time spent crafting a new Zelda was well spent! I can't wait to jump in and get lost in hyrule.

Hilarious to see this was ever compared to horizon in a sense that it wouldn't be as good or even that horizon would be of a similar quality in any sense tbh lol. I'm sure it's a fine game, but this is Zelda - post-SS Zelda, at that. After that fuckup, I couldn't imagine Nintendo messing up again. And lo and behold! Nintendo found their way again.

faridmon

It's embarrassing to read to be quite honest.

Yeah, its sad

Horizon loos amazing and I might buy a PS4 just to play that.

Is the story good? Or you just play different parts of open-world quests?

Its a Zelda story, I am sure if you are fan, you will like it.

The best selling Zelda, without remakes, didn't surpassed 9M copies. I see Horizon easily doing U4 numbers so...

Don't know if I will get banned for saying this, but...

I have noticed you have been just posting negative (bait-like) posts in every Zelda
You really ought to just step back from threads for a bit. You are obsessed.

Yeah I'm personally second-hand embarrassed by what gaffers think about games

You have no need to be second-hand embarrassed.

Anyway, I'm actually considering getting a Switch now, or at least a Wii U off eBay or something. I need to try this game.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Well at least at the end of it's like the Wii U gets the game I bought the thing for in the first place. Looks like they made it worth the wait at least

Grakl

Yep what you rightly point out is that how reviews are reviewed (limited time, having access before everyone else so you're just a few to play and enjoy, hype outside of this...)create bias.

I'm not going to read reviews until I play the game but they don't know how to build a critique, it's just the summary of technical things they check in boxes and become hyperbolistic very quickly (with or without any reason).
Ya man u should show them how to build a real critique those slobs

You have no need to be second-hand embarrassed.

Anyway, I'm actually considering getting a Switch now, or at least a Wii U off eBay or something. I need to try this game.
I only have 2 hands and picked my second

Perfect 10 to me means that it's one of the best, if not the best game to date. Let's see if it truly lives up to that. As soon as I'm done with Horizon that's my next stop.

ironmang

Well, I was planning on starting Horizon tonight and playing Zelda when I was finished but I think I'm just going to hold off and start Zelda when I pickup my Switch tomorrow. Between these and Nioh this has been an incredible 30 days or so in gaming.

I think back to that thread a few days back where they asked if reviews were always objective. I think these review scores provide a ready answer.

There's nothing I've seen listed in any of these reviews which blows your mind. No boundary pushing depth or complexity, no underheard of mechanics. The story telling remains rote, the technical perfomance is acceptable and there's the usual mixture of combat, traversal and puzzles.

There's no redefining of the open world scenario and nothing in the combat which is radically different from what we've seen before. Why the perfect 10s? What kind of otherworldly achievement would merit that? Simply being a Zelda game in a critical forum who's leading voices grew up with Ocarina of Time.

That's my takeaway.

I'm not sure why people are focusing on the obvious and hilarious joke post. I nominate this for meltdown of the thread.

how does nintendo make high rated AAA games in this day and age without being a graphically impresssive / "cinematic experience"

Graphics are always good in their game. I still play wii regularly and i am fine with wii sports or even zelda tp. Art style and consistency. Their game play is the main key any game.

Zyae

I think back to that thread a few days back where they asked if reviews were always objective. I think these review scores provide a ready answer.

There's nothing I've seen listed in any of these reviews which blows your mind. No boundary pushing depth or complexity, no underheard of mechanics. The story telling remains rote, the technical perfomance is acceptable and there's the usual mixture of combat, traversal and puzzles.

There's no redefining of the open world scenario and nothing in the combat which is radically different from what we've seen before. Why the perfect 10s? What kind of otherworldly achievement would merit that? Simply being a Zelda game in a critical forum who's leading voices grew up with Ocarina of Time.

That's my takeaway.

Unbelievable. They've played the game and you haven't.

Skyrender10

Neo Member
It seems that this Zelda has reached GOAT status, is beyond my expectations already set high by the january trailer. I havent benn so exited for a game since final fantasy 12, eleven years ago.

DavidDesu

I'm guessing the Nintendo eshop doesn't let you pay via PayPal Credit? Switch coming tomorrow but haven't bought Zelda yet. Sheeiiit

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Horizon getting backburner'd.
Too bad it released so close to Zelda. Would have loved to play through it but there simply wasn't enough time before Zelda release.

Now with these reviews I'm going to have to see what this fuss is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom