• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Yeah he needs to perform like the rest of the team.......................................................... :/

Some interesting games going on at the moment WC wise.

artist

Banned
128185.jpg

Sree: "Fuck off"
Punter: "WTF"

Is there an OT for the World Cup? I just landed in India a week ago, visiting my grandparents and the cricket fever is everywhere.

Watching the first game now.

justin.au

The Aus squad for the Bangers tour isn't as revolutionary as I had hoped it would be (Cameron White is still in the team!), but it's nice to see JPatts get a run.

It's a shame he's getting on in years, but I wouldn't have minded see Nannes in for Johnson or Lee.

DeSo

Banned
IPL not being shown in Aus this year. :(

As there is currently a significant legal dispute between The Board of Control for Cricket in India (which owns and controls the commercial rights in the Indian Premier League) and the company through which Network Ten secured the Australian broadcast rights, Network Ten has decided NOT to broadcast the IPL.

The matter is currently before the Court in India so we will not be making any further comments at this time.

Dead Man

DeSo said:
IPL not being shown in Aus this year. :(
I'm actually kind of pleased with that, no conflict for F1 broadcasts! Not happy there is a dispute over such a basic thing, though, seems like typical cricket rubbish. I feel like the administration of cricket in almost every Test nation is a crooked and inept as FIFA is. And that sucks.

justin.au

http://cricket.com.au/news-display/BBL-team-names-and-colours/24677

What the hell is CA doing? Not only are the names of the teams worse than those competing in the IPL, they have completely ruined the colours (SA is blue, Vic is red & green, Qld is teal, etc.). I presume they are doing this because they want it to stop being about state vs. state, and about team vs. team, but the colours are an integral part of state cricket.

Anyhow, I guess I'm a Renegades fan (Etihad is much easier for me to get to and from than the G), and I hope the BBL doesn't crash and burn. As light-hearted as T20 is, I liked the Big Bash and apart from the odd day at an empty G for a Sheffield match, it was the only state cricket I went to the ground to watch.

Dead Man

justin.au said:
http://cricket.com.au/news-display/BBL-team-names-and-colours/24677

What the hell is CA doing? Not only are the names of the teams worse than those competing in the IPL, they have completely ruined the colours (SA is blue, Vic is red & green, Qld is teal, etc.). I presume they are doing this because they want it to stop being about state vs. state, and about team vs. team, but the colours are an integral part of state cricket.

Anyhow, I guess I'm a Renegades fan (Etihad is much easier for me to get to and from than the G), and I hope the BBL doesn't crash and burn. As light-hearted as T20 is, I liked the Big Bash and apart from the odd day at an empty G for a Sheffield match, it was the only state cricket I went to the ground to watch.
Why do new sports teams always have such stupid names? Anyway, apparently I need to barrack for Strikers? What the hell does that have to do with cricket? Might be amusing to see the Liberal leaning Adelaide residents barrack FOR strikers though ;)

justin.au

Dead Man said:
Why do new sports teams always have such stupid names? Anyway, apparently I need to barrack for Strikers? What the hell does that have to do with cricket? Might be amusing to see the Liberal leaning Adelaide residents barrack FOR strikers though ;)
You serious?

cricket-field-positions.gif

The batsman facing the ball. What's he called?

But seriously, enjoy the new and improved South Australian cricket team.*

*Now (inexplicably) available only in blue.

edit: Also, the perspective of that image is really weird. The playing area must be a very strange shape.

justin.au

It just struck me: they changed all the colours around and introduced newer, shittier ones because they want to sell a truck-load of merch.

I feel stupid now.

Dead Man

justin.au said:
You serious?

http://arunan.50webs.com/cricket-field-positions.gif[IMG]

The batsman facing the ball. What's he called?

But seriously, enjoy the new and improved South Australian cricket team.*

*Now (inexplicably) available only in blue.

edit: Also, the perspective of that image is really weird. The playing area must be a very strange shape.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=justin.au]It just struck me: they changed all the colours around and introduced newer, shittier ones because they want to sell a truck-load of merch.

I feel stupid now.[/QUOTE]
Not as stupid as me. FUCK. Still a stupid name though.

As a true blue south australian, I would never support a south australian team that doesnt wear red.

I havent been to a 20-20 match so far, and I dont think this "revolution" of domestic cricket will make me change my mind in a hurry.

midonnay

hmmm.... the other day Channel Ten announced that they were no longer broadcasting the IPL due to a "court dispute"

today, they revealed that ONE HD will now become a general entertainment channel catering to young men...

interesting timing.... :O

bye bye dedicated free to air sports channel

Dead Man

midonnay said:
hmmm.... the other day Channel Ten announced that they were no longer broadcasting the IPL due to a "court dispute"

today, they revealed that ONE HD will now become a general entertainment channel catering to young men...

Really? Fuckitty fuck fuck.

justin.au

Dead Man said:
Really? Fuckitty fuck fuck.
It's better than other rumours going around that suggested it would become an incredibly partisan 24-hour news network.

But still, another 7mate (which is, along with Go!, the worst free-to-air channel).

midonnay said:

what a fucking joke!

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Hasting totally should have been in the WC side as Tates replacement after..... the first game. His variation is awesome.

White need play himself into form........... In Victoria.

Top Bottom