• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

justin.au

legend166 said:
Justin, they can't use the colours because the States won't let them.
Ah, righto.

But still, Victorian domestic teams playing in red and green? Lunacy. NSW teams in electric pink and green? HERECY! SA in blue!? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!?

They should have just tweaked the colours and team names slightly, e.g. the Melbourne Outlaws wearing cobalt blue and the Melbourne Criminals wearing sapphire blue; the Brisbane Heffers wearing cardinal red; the Perth Combatants wearing gold; the Adelaide Daddy Longlegs wearing a lovely Venetian red, etc.

I'm pretty good at this, I wonder if it's too late to get involved in organising the whole deal.

justin.au

Oh dear, Haddin needs some aggressive shots that don't involve him backing away from the stumps.

Ponting in to bat as non-captain for the first time in 7 years (I think that was what I read).

justin.au

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Dont think so, cant see anything in the rules i just looked at. Ponting and Watto are carving up.
Yeah, I thought Greg Matthews was making a good point in arguing that they should take the batting powerplay now. They're right on top and if they take it now they can sink the game.

Watto just ran Ponting out. smh. Can't take the powerplay now.

tri_willy

farken whitey and smithey... im hoping for banga to win this one so they can fuck off those 2 useless cunts atm

well done on the ton clarkey, will give u props on this one

justin.au

Good performance by Clarke. White for sure has to go. Smith can bowl a bit so dunno.
It's the way White has been hitting them. I've been saying it for months now, I can't remember the last time that he middled one through a gap. He knows he's out of form, the team know he's out of form, the opposition knows he's out of form, etc. Just send him over to England to play county cricket for a while and see if he can start hitting the ball properly again.

justin.au

Weak chase. Bowling seemed alright.
Yeah, the bowling wasn't bad (Mitch was on song), but we didn't bowl them out. That's pretty weak IMO. To have 'em 3/50-odd and not be able to finish it off isn't a great effort.

Nevertheless, a win's a win.

JonnyBrad

Feels like summer in Wales now :)

Just got my tickets for day 3 at the Cardiff Test Vs Sri Lanka. Can't wait for the proper cricket to start again!

JonnyBrad

justin.au said:
Genuine question (not taking the piss), what does summer is Wales feel like? Mid to high twenties (celcius)?

Standard British Weather 20-27 usually but we get 30 sometimes. Rain is more of the issue. lol

DeSo

Banned
Love Steyn, beat Dravid all ends up. Blessing for the Royals, couldn't believe Dravid played IPL, definitely not known for his strike rate.

DeSo

Banned
LOL Seriously. The percentage was pretty disturbing. Suppose Zaheer is okay but Steyn... come on, best in the world.

Tight game, tighter than I thought it would be.

Edit: BIGGIE BIGGIE BIGGIE

rofl

DeSo

Banned
That'll be it. Great innings from Botha.

Seriously Warnie has looked fitter in the IPL than he did playing for Australia.

DeSo

Banned
justin.au said:
Yeah, since when can Botha do that? I've never rated him as that great of a batsman.
You and me both!

I'll look at him a bit different.

(not just a chucker I'M KIDDING I'M KIDDING)

justin.au

Malinga is just shutting down the game with his toe-crushers; four batsmen bowled by yorkers so far. Great stuff from the man with the worst action.

justin.au said:
Malinga is just shutting down the game with his toe-crushers; four batsmen bowled by yorkers so far. Great stuff from the man with the worst action.

?

Something wrong with his action? Or are you just saying it looks ungainly?

justin.au

whatsinaname said:
?

Something wrong with his action? Or are you just saying it looks ungainly?
Ungainly, ugly, overly strenuous etc. Not the "worst" in terms of getting wickets, but just not pretty.

Good showing by Mumbai.

DeSo said:
LOL Seriously. The percentage was pretty disturbing. Suppose Zaheer is okay but Steyn... come on, best in the world.

Watching today perhaps they were thinking of Malinga?

DeSo said:
That'll be it. Great innings from Botha.

Seriously Warnie has looked fitter in the IPL than he did playing for Australia.

Wouldn't most people if they had Liz Hurley as an exercise machine?

justin.au said:
Ungainly, ugly, overly strenuous etc. Not the "worst" in terms of getting wickets, but just not pretty.

Good showing by Mumbai.

True, but it does seem to be effective. It's not chucking though.

Was just watching a few youtube videos of Akram and Imran Khan. Such amazing bowlers. Unfortunate that a lot of their better performances were against India. :(

justin.au

Watson doing all sorts of things to Bangladesh. Bangers managed to set a decent-ish total, but they sure aren't doing a good job of defending it.

Top Bottom