• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

params7

Banned
irfan said:
I think he's a chucker but regardless he's doing some nasty work of the stumps this IPL.

Same here. I remember watching him for first time and wondering "how is this allowed". Makes me appreciate Gambhir's innings in the final more and more. He broke his bat defending his yorkers after Sachin/Sehwag fell for it.

params7 said:
Same here. I remember watching him for first time and wondering "how is this allowed".

Because it is clearly legal. I don't see how there is a problem with his action, it is over the shoulder consistently & I don't see any more flex in his arm than many bowlers over the years.

artist

Banned
Duncan Fletcher named India coach

Fletcher, 62, was in charge of the England team when they beat Australia in 2005 to win the Ashes for the first time since 1986-'87, and was credited with turning around England's fortunes in Tests during his eight-year stint, first with Nasser Hussain and then with Michael Vaughan.

He was England's first foreign coach and took over in 1999; soon enough, he oversaw Test series wins in Sri Lanka and Pakistan, though Australia thrashed England 4-1 in the Ashes in 2001. Later, with Vaughan, he helped England win their first Test series in South Africa post apartheid and the pair played a critical role in moulding a team that was to win the Ashes in 2005.

One of Fletcher's problems during his England reign was a tetchy relationship with the media, something which Vaughan felt could be a hindrance in his India job as well. "Duncan will work well with all the talent," Vaughan tweeted. "His biggest challenge will come from the media ... he has never really understood how it works."

params7 said:
Same here. I remember watching him for first time and wondering "how is this allowed". Makes me appreciate Gambhir's innings in the final more and more. He broke his bat defending his yorkers after Sachin/Sehwag fell for it.

No bend at the elbow. Arm is higher than the shoulder. It's definitely within the rules. It's just something we haven't seen before.

Chucking is just when you use the power derived from bending your arm at the elbow and straightening it.

tri_willy

interesting allegations by hashan tillakaratne accusing sri lankan cricketers of match fixing... the only one i could think of would probably be arjuna... the guy has had too much pork pies!!!

params7

Banned
RR on top of the table. This was the most underrated team going in the tournament but they look pretty strong with Botha as their surprise trump card.

artist

Banned
tri_willy said:
interesting allegations by hashan tillakaratne accusing sri lankan cricketers of match fixing... the only one i could think of would probably be arjuna... the guy has had too much pork pies!!!
I hope he comes out with the names, scumbags regardless of the country need to be dealt with and a proper cleaning is in order.

params7

Banned
He's destroying Punjab right now. lol at the poll "should there be a cap for most sixes" 98% voted yes xD Gayle can't stop hitting them

params7

Banned
37 off 1 over. wtf man

Parameswaran to Gayle, FOUR, inside edge, but that too goes wide of the keeper for four. This is robbery in day light. Bangalore are demolishing Kochi. In case you didn't notice, 37 runs came off this over

Parameswaran to Gayle, SIX, Where do you hide when Dilshan and Gayle are going like this? He is toying around with them. Comes down the track and goes straight this time. 91 metres. Over the sight screen

Parameswaran to Gayle, SIX, Carnage. Gayle makes room, wallops a length ball over cover. He has taken this Go Green campaign seriously, and will finish this before flood lights can come on

Parameswaran to Gayle, FOUR, Mahela said at the toss he had plans for Gayle. Right. The plan seems to have four to five men on the off-side circle and bowl back of a length. PP does just does that, and he punches it between extra cover and cover. Sweet as

Parameswaran to Gayle, FOUR, Short ball, at this gentle pace, murdered past midwicket

Free hit coming up

Parameswaran to Gayle, (no ball) SIX, this is ridiculous. Demolition. Slower ball, in his swinging arc, and he lofts it over point again. What's more? It's a no-ball

Keeper comes up

Parameswaran to Gayle, SIX, Sorry, it's Gayle who is into the attack, makes room, gets under a length ball, opens the face, and clears point easily

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fzmKASlQBk&feature=player_embedded

params7

Banned
Windies/Pak test day 1

Windies can't play spin? Pak should get a decent lead here but you never know with the most unpredictable team in cricket.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Well, that was a bit of a stunner. All settled for an evening's gardening with TMS on the radio and I'd hardly done the weeding when Sri Lanka were all out.

Garden will have to wait until Friday now.

mclem

Just catching up on the England innings, and my, that was topsy-turvy. Unusually weak scoring from the upper order (Trott on 2? Unheard of!), but spectacular work from the lower batters. From 22-3 to 486 all out.

tri_willy

just reading the Cricket Australia contract lists... WTF Katich axed!? FUCK YOU CRICKET AUSTRALIA!!! he was easily the most consistent performer for the aussies by a long fucking shot!!! might as well hand their asses on a platter come ashes 2013

Window

The upcoming India vs England and Aus vs Sri Lanka tours should be great.

India vs Eng - This should give us an idea of how good each of these teams really is considering they've both been on an unbeaten streak for the last 8 series. Should also give a fair idea of how India will perform in Aus later in the year.

Aus vs Sri Lanka - Well this will be Clarke's first test assignment as a captain so it should be really interesting to see how he deals with this. Also should be a good time for Ricky Ponting to get back in form considering Lanka bowling attack isn't that strong anymore and normally picthes there are quite flat (although they do have some crazy turners from time to time). Plus new opening partnership since Katich is gone, who will it be?

Surprisingly quiet here.

Only two results possible now I guess. England Win or a Draw. Zaheer Khan's injury was unfortunate for us. Very nice innings by KP and lol @Strauss cSharma bKhan.

mclem

Brewster's Wallet said:
Sachin saved by not having the DRS. BUgger

His scoring rate was very slow, I don't think we conceded many runs due to the gap between that saving and him actually being out. It did eat up time, though.

legend166

Pretty comprehensive win to England in the end. Obviously India were hurt by losing Khan early in the match, but that was the risk they took.

This is a four test series, yeah?

Top Bottom