• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

artist

Banned
I think after that massive Dravid-Tendulkar partnership, everybody thought India would amass a massive lead, but Aussie quicks ensured they got a significant lead instead. Even if you think 8 down is significant, the target is already 230, 250+ is tough. In that context, I think it was even in the end, if there is a difference its really minute.

Dead Man

But Slater has no impact on the performance of the team. Justin Langer has been our batting coach in what is pretty clearly our worst couple of years with the bat in decades.

True enough. I just lay it down to the total lack of accountability in the management of the team at the moment.

master15

I think after that massive Dravid-Tendulkar partnership, everybody thought India would amass a massive lead, but Aussie quicks ensured they got a significant lead instead. Even if you think 8 down is significant, the target is already 230, 250+ is tough. In that context, I think it was even in the end, if there is a difference its really minute.

I think the difference being I don't see the Indian's falling so cheaply in the second innings. They have a lot of experience and class in their line up.

I mean unless there's some demons in the pitch on day 4 and Patterson, Siddle and Hillfy bowl a collectively amazing spell I think you are under playing India are in the drivers seat presently.

But Slater has no impact on the performance of the team. Justin Langer has been our batting coach in what is pretty clearly our worst couple of years with the bat in decades.

It seems as though once you reach the Australian team as a coach or player it's hard to get the sack (unless you're one of the unlucky ones).

Grug

I think the difference being I don't see the Indian's falling so cheaply in the second innings. They have a lot of experience and class in their line up.

I mean unless there's some demons in the pitch on day 4 and Patterson, Siddle and Hillfy bowl a collectively amazing spell I think you are under playing India are in the drivers seat presently.

You probably missed India's tour of England, same "class" batsmen went on that tour.

Both groups of supporters clamouring for underdog status.

Window

Great to see this thread so alive! lol Salazar where are you getting those bollywood gifs from?

Disappointing batting from India though. Despite bowling being the perceived weakness, their batting has let them down. Would be awesome if Sachin brings up his century to win the match (probably not likely, doesn't have a good 4th innings record). Hilfenhaus getting a fiver...will he still be dropped in the next match for Harris?

Salazar

Great to see this thread so alive! lol Salazar where are you getting those bollywood gifs from?

Mostly here.

http://awkwardbollywood.tumblr.com/

Tomorrow should be an interesting day, either way.

imagerytp7h.gif

The continuing flood of wickets was attributable to smart, full bowling but also poor batting, with David Warner, Ed Cowan and Shaun Marsh all guilty of vast misjudgements. Michael Clarke was less culpable, out to a corking delivery from Ishant. Ponting's dismissal was followed by another flighty innings from keeper Brad Haddin, who must be under severe scrutiny for his spot despite claiming five catches.

rLvp3.gif

Salazar

By the way how come you're not supporting Australia?

a) Not Australian. I live here, and I will support Australia in quite a few sports, but not cricket.
b) I have taken exception to the attitude of bunch of Australian players over the years. I'm deeply settled in a habit of enjoying their suffering, confusion, humiliation. There is no greater sight than Ricky Ponting having a tantrum or a sulk.

Dead Man

a) Not Australian. I live here, and I will support Australia in quite a few sports, but not cricket.
b) I have taken exception to the attitude of bunch of Australian players over the years. I'm deeply settled in a habit of enjoying their suffering, confusion, humiliation. There is no greater sight than Ricky Ponting having a tantrum or a sulk.

Silly Welshman.

Window

Right so SA vs SL has started back up now. Still think SA will some how scrape a win. Styen's bound to make up for his first innings failure.

Rezbit

Sangakkara dropped early and now playing an absolute pearler. Tough for saffers to win this one.

Also really enjoying the commentary from these guys, Mike Haysman and Russell Arnold are just great, funny banter.

Window

Yeah guess I was wrong, SA win is pretty unlikely with an almost 400 run lead.

What do you think of Kepler Wessels commentary though?

Rezbit

I can take or leave the two on at the moment. Wessels is okay but seems a bit dour, and Jackers is a bit like...why say in two words what you can say in twenty. You just want him to spit it out! Quite like Pommy Mbangwa as well though.

legend166

South Africa's got to be the most underachieving team in the world over the last 20 years. I have no idea how they don't win more. Especially at home.

beast786

South Africa's got to be the most underachieving team in the world over the last 20 years. I have no idea how they don't win more. Especially at home.

So true. They have had sucha talented team of all time. Its amazing . That is why I think cricket is such a mental sport. Beside the obvious talent it is such a battle of mental strength.

Yagharek

South Africa are probably still traumatised by tales of Steve Waugh.

I'm also shocked that they havent won a tournament yet, or dominated test cricket. They have the talent no question to have done far better than they have.

Window

What's going on with Gambhir? Seems he's in a bit of a slump.

Yeah its odd considering the great run of form he had before last year. He's still been doing well in ODI's though. I think it may just be a matter of not having played enough (5 day) matches since he does have a tendency to get injured and has missed quite a few games.

Yagharek

This is the most important partnership of the match. Some good bowling and good shots in recent overs. Game is on a knife edge.

Top Bottom