• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

master15

imager.php

It's over! I expect India to bounce back in Sydney

artist

Banned
Both groups of supporters clamouring for underdog status.
I fucking called it - 250+ will be tough for India to get. The one clamouring is now clear. After India's tour of England, I said that I expect Australia to take this series and its pretty honest expectation, zero emotions.
Where's irfan? Not gloating, just interested in where he sees the game standing now seeing as he has watched more of India recently than others here.
New years party at work, missed the game today. Going to catch the highlights as soon as they are posted. I'll be here in the wins/losses of India and I expect the same from you Aussies.

Rezbit

After last years effort of short and wide, it looks like the Aussie bowlers have gotten the idea, and along with some fresh, aggressive quicks coming on I'm not overly concerned about the bowling unit (more injuries would hurt though.)

Still really concerned about the batting, because at some point the Indian batsmen will get on top of the bowling and plunder some runs. So tough to keep all of them quiet. Bowlers need much much MUCH more support from the batting unit.

Dynedom

Excellent bowling reply from the SL bowlers. Thank god for DRS. Cannot wait until it becomes a standard.

Edit: wow, what a ridiculous runout. There was no run there. Shame. Prince should have at least crossed to take the hit.

mysterion86

Neo Member
Really disappointed with Dhoni's batting in Test matches.The guy is arguably the best ODI player around but can't get a decent knock in Tests abroad.Hoping for a better show from India in the next test.

Rezbit

Really disappointed with Dhoni's batting in Test matches.The guy is arguably the best ODI player around but can't get a decent knock in Tests abroad.Hoping for a better show from India in the next test.

Do you think Dhoni might be better off higher up the order? Today he looked almost lazy batting.

mysterion86

Neo Member
Do you think Dhoni might be better off higher up the order? Today he looked almost lazy batting.

Its worth a gamble but i dont see it happening as there is no slot open in the middle order until the seniors retire.Working with Fletcher in the nets and making some adjustments with his technique on Australian pitches might help him though.

Even though this particular match didn't end up being close i still much prefer matches like this where the bowlers are on top. That's the way test match cricket should, batsmen really having to work for their runs. Hopefully we don't see too many flat tracks this series.

Dead Man

Even though he usually talks shit I do agree with Healy that McDermott is obviously doing great things with these Aussie bowlers. If only Langer could help the batters more.

Yeah, the bowlers have come on in leaps since 09/10. Still not as good as the glory days, but at least there are options now. The batting line up is woeful still. If Watson was healthy and Katich was back in, it could be pretty solid with Hussey in some form.

Dynedom

Amazing victory by Sri Lanka. Great turnaround since the first test.

I hope this test makes the selectors realize that Samaraweera deserves a place in the side. They also need to consider not only keeping Chandimal in but moving him up the order. Herath should possibly be moved ahead of Perera in the batting.

Amazing bowling by Herath and good discipline by Perera and Wellegedera too. I had written off Fernando but he made some crucial breakthroughs in the second innings. Kudos to him.

artist

Banned
After last years effort of short and wide, it looks like the Aussie bowlers have gotten the idea, and along with some fresh, aggressive quicks coming on I'm not overly concerned about the bowling unit (more injuries would hurt though.)

Still really concerned about the batting, because at some point the Indian batsmen will get on top of the bowling and plunder some runs. So tough to keep all of them quiet. Bowlers need much much MUCH more support from the batting unit.
Yeah, after watching the highlights credit to the Aussie quicks more than India playing poorly. I'm not sure why Aussies keep underplaying this attack, its quite potent. Even the "black day of shame" (loss against NZ), it was more of NZ playing gritty, better cricket rather than the bowlers being ineffective. And to think you still got Harris, Mitchell etc in the ranks is surplus.
If you see my previous posts in this thread, I'm not a fan of Dhoni's performances. Even in ODI or T20, I dont like his "evolved" game. One brilliant performance in the WC final (Woohoo, India are the World Champions!) doesnt erase all his failures. However, I will give him credit for putting up a fight in the tour against England, he was the only consistent Indian batsman in that series. I'm more concerned about that Sehwag guy. :p

artist

Banned
People crying foul over Mussey & Cowan's decisions, fucking hypocrites.

Dhoni backs umpires over DRS (Shut the fuck up bitches)

Ironically, It was India who could have had more decisions reversed than Australia. They could have got Ricky Ponting out early in his second innings, and they had Michael Hussey lbw twice and caught down the leg side once. It is all a matter of conjecture, but India could actually have won the match had they agreed to the use of the DRS, and used it wisely. Dhoni, though, did not want to go down that route.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2011/content/current/story/547436.html

mysterion86

Neo Member
If you see my previous posts in this thread, I'm not a fan of Dhoni's performances. Even in ODI or T20, I dont like his "evolved" game. One brilliant performance in the WC final (Woohoo, India are the World Champions!) doesnt erase all his failures. However, I will give him credit for putting up a fight in the tour against England, he was the only consistent Indian batsman in that series. I'm more concerned about that Sehwag guy. :p
In ODIs his record speaks for itself.England couldn't get him out even once in the last ODI series.Gambhir needs to get big runs now,time is running out for him.Not too worried about Veeru,he is a freak,he will come good sooner or later.

legend166

Dhoni doesn't have the technique to deal with fast and bouncy wickets. Although he's not only there in world cricket. His record outside India speaks for itself.

Great ODI player though.

Grug

Wow was reading reader comments on Hindustan Times.

I thought Australians were hard on their team. Bloody hell.

Amongst other things, people were calling Sachin a selfish player who plays only for records, not the team. No one even seemed to be defending him.

Amongst other things, people were calling Sachin a selfish player who plays only for records, not the team. No one even seemed to be defending him.

never ever read the comment section of any indian news paper. Dumbs come out.

Dead Man

Bloody hell. What rubbish.

prediction for Sydney test :

ponting will get century

dravid or laxman will get 100

India will loose again most likely they will not be able to bowl out Australians

master15

Coupe of crisp 4's from Sehwag, looks in no mood to mess around.

Nice wicket by Siddle, Dravid. Here comes Sachin, I'm nervous :/

master15

First time Laxman has failed at SCG, cripes.

Still won't get too excited until we see what our fantastic batting can conjure up.

Yagharek

People crying foul over Mussey & Cowan's decisions, fucking hypocrites.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2011/content/current/story/547436.html

Like Vince posted earlier, this result is null and void. Null and void.

Just on this, I said before the test series that the UDRS should be kept out of the tests. But I also think that the ICC needs to be the one setting the rules, not the BCCI (or individual cricket boards as power shifts over time). India certainly had more reviewable decisions, so they would have been in a better spot in the last test had they reviewed at the right times.

master15

Siddle ruins a bit of a partnership that was building.

By the way watching Kohli bat, I'm curious what's happening with Rohit Sharma?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I came in here to ask about what the best Cricket smartphone is, and was about to click New Reply, when I suddenly realized...

(Sorry, I'm sure yall are sick of hearing this.)

snoopen

Siddle ruins a bit of a partnership that was building.

By the way watching Kohli bat, I'm curious what's happening with Rohit Sharma?

Sharma is waiting, he had an interview yesterday saying he is mentally ready etc, it's just up to the selectors to give him a go.

Top Bottom