• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
And Lee throws the game away like so many bi's. Very stupid idea Watson.

Edit: Maybe not, still let off the ball pressure. Nichols had a bit of nostrodamus there though.

Dynedom

With Kula down, that should be the game. All the credit to the Australian bowling but Tharanga really shat the bed here. The guy just took way way too long and everyone else around him had to compensate. I don't know if it's selfish cricket or just being unable to do anything.

Dynedom

Srilanka should still win considering the way Australia has been bowling in the last 10 overs recently

Not with the way Tharanga is batting. Maharoof is not having any trouble rotating the strike. Tharanga is in a shell. Just rotate for god's sake.

Dynedom

Sigh. Great bowling by Watson and McKay in this innings. Really clutch stuff. Complete opposite of Kulasekera and Malinga at the death, I fear.

Dynedom

Heartbreaking loss after doing so well with the ball and coming so far. Great bowling job by the Aussies though. Unbelievable stuff from McKay really. Bailed his team out with the bat and made it a win with the ball.

Sri Lanka loses yet another tournament/tri-series final. They do all the hard work but can't seem to finish. =(

Still a lot of positive signs from the tournament though. I think Jayawardena definitely needs to be our interim captain until Matthews is ready. Chandimal and Thirimanne have earned places in the side. I don't think any of the older players really need to be sacked either. They came together well in the tournament. They just got outplayed in the finals.

Grug

Great final to cap off a pretty good (but perhaps a little long) series.

Bad luck Sri Lanka. They played some outstanding cricket this series and this game could have gone either way.

Rezbit

Well done Aussies, but fair play to Sri Lanka. Got some great older players and some promising youngsters. Mathews could have made a difference today that's for sure.

Dynedom

Perera as sorely missed, that's for sure (just as I predicted, haha). Kudos to them for being able to take it this far without the 2 of them though. Gotta remember Australia was without Clarke too. Could have been a very different total with him there.

Looks like the Malinga-prophecy has some merit. Almost every game where he's bowled a stinker, SL have lost (no matter how the other bowlers did). I mean in the Tri-Series, not in general.

Welp, time for bed!

artist

Banned
Would you like me to stay up for Sri Lanka's win over India later this week?
India won and Vince hid in his corner. :lol :D But he did show up when Australia is on the brink of a win against SL.
Just checking in to let irfan know that Australia will win this.
Classic.
Yup, Vince still being true to himself.

Sri Lanka loses yet another tournament/tri-series final. They do all the hard work but can't seem to finish. =(
Still some ways off before they can start looking to snatch the chokers tag from SA.

I told you that the pitch wasnt easy to bat on and that 230 odd was a fighting total.

Biggest find for SL from this tournament is Chandimal, that guy looks like a good replacement for Aravinda De Silva. He just needs some more time on the field to get his temperament right.

beast786

Congratulations to Aus for winning the Series

143337.jpg

Thanks to SL for providing an excellent seires

143330.jpg

Congratulations India for winning the Participation trophy and Huge Moral Victory of Bronze medal
rahuldravid%20(6).JPG

artist

Banned
I'm assuming beast is hurting even though I'm not taking shots at him or Pakistani's tradition of match fixing or giving 4-0 whitewashes.

beast786

I'm assuming beast is hurting even though I'm not taking shots at him or Pakistani's tradition of match fixing or giving 4-0 whitewashes.

I love the irony Seriously, does he even realizes what he says lol
Make that 2 record breaking Whitewashes series and a participation trophy .

And please stop pretending you have me on ignore. The coincidence of you replying every time I am talking about india ,and ignoring when I don't, isnt fooling anyone. I guess chappell was right. Weak minded.

Grug

C'mon guys. Give it a rest.

The supporters of the teams playing in the final last night managed to discuss the game in a good spirit - no need for supporters of non-participating teams to instigate agro.

Dynedom

Sorry artist, beast but having to go through that last exchange got kinda annoying. Both of you on Ignore until you can play nice.

artist

Banned
C'mon guys. Give it a rest.

The supporters of the teams playing in the final last night managed to discuss the game in a good spirit - no need for supporters of non-participating teams to instigate agro.
Well most of you, excluding Vince. And I called him out on it.

Well atleast beast got a response from some one!

Top Bottom