• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

artist

Banned
So India thrash SL in the first real game of the Asia Cup. SL clearly look exhausted, the sub-continent teams need to stop playing too much cricket :/

artist

Banned
Yea, it was amazing to watch. What was it? I think in three overs they lost 5 for no runs.
Yeah, that was pathetic. Especially McCullum's dismissal more than Taylor. SA specifically placed the deep square leg fielder there for his pull (which he had successfully pulled off twice earlier) and he still ate that short ball up like a big piece of cake.

artist

Banned
As expected, gloaters reporting in above. Wasnt here when Pakistan were reeling and SL fans were celebrating.

SL clearly suffering from fatigue, too much cricket for them in the past couple of months.

beast786

Lol, WTF.

Did you see the time posted of my first post. Lol

Then again, its you lol

Nice win. For pakistan. Our limited over game has been horrible past month. Could be worse though. Like getting white wash in test X2, world record setting style.

legend166

Have to love the fact that Tendulkar's getting his 'magical' hundredth hundred against the Bangas, and putting a whole bunch of pressure on his team whilst he's doing it.

Window

He is so getting out before it happens.

Edit: Just saw the SA vs NZ scorecard, goddamn Steyn and Philander are absolutely crazy.

Have to love the fact that Tendulkar's getting his 'magical' hundredth hundred against the Bangas, and putting a whole bunch of pressure on his team whilst he's doing it.

Well at least this means he will probably retire very soon. It's going to be interesting watching Indian cricket rebuild after losing their experienced batsmen.

artist

Banned
Tendulkar retiring after this media created milestone would just make his retirement look all the more ridiculous.

He SHOULD not retire

artist

Banned
His reaction after getting the hundred just shows he's not concerned about that milestone, he's just playing himself into form here. Hopefully he can make up the balls by the end of his innings.

He was going at a decent clip until those two overs with him and Kohli playing out dot balls, his momentum after that just fell away.

Congratulations, Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar!

129135.jpg

I feel sad for him. His worse phase of his life i think. Hope he will go bananas now and fuck the media.

^ cricinfo had too much time.

5N7Vf.jpg

Artist just for you.

K444WSR

Amazing achievement by tendulkar. Been willing him to get it since he got stuck on 99, really happy he finally got it. And against my home nation too!!

artist

Banned
I feel sad for him. His worse phase of his life i think. Hope he will go bananas now and fuck the media.
This is just an exaggeration. Sure this is the second most lean run of cricket without a hundred but he's still doing decent, for example he was the second leading run scorer for India down under.

Window

Yeah, 2011 was bad for him but he was still averaging about 44 (in tests) despite that which is pretty decent for a batsment but nowhere exactly good enough to be amongst the best in the world which is what people expect of him.

artist

Banned
What a victory by Bangladesh, well deserved. India bowled really poorly besides getting 20 odd runs short. Tendulkar couldnt capitalize and the lower order really couldnt either, I guess it was really good death bowling by Bangladesh also.

So hope for SL to make it to the final? :D

Top Bottom