• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Tendulkar's 100 was very slow for such a flat wicket (77 odd strike rate), he really put a lot of pressure on his teammates. Disappointed in India, let's see how this pans out.

Window

Check out the results of Afghanistan vs China. Afghan set them a target of 359 runs..and China got bowled out for 9.

That certainly won't help promote the game there. I can see why test cricket has limited number of sides but they should really give smaller teams like Ireland more ODI matches with higher ranked sides.

params7

Banned
I'd rather China lose for 9 with actual Chinese playing for them rather than Ind and Pak expats like most European teams and USA/Canada. PCB has actually been really supportive for the game's development in China but they need more coaches and investment to get people playing.

beast786

dog-o.gif

HUGE MORAL VICTORY FOR INDIA FOR NOT GIVING UP A BONUS POINT.

Window

Yeah I think a bit of the India vs Pakistan 'bickering' isn't bad, makes the matches that much more fun. I mean just look at other sports teams fans. Although yes not to the extent of what we were having here before.

Yeah, the current level is actually quite good, I'm just scared it'll descend to it's previous overboard state.

As it currently stands, disregard my previous statement and continue the banter.

dog-o.gif

HUGE MORAL VICTORY FOR INDIA FOR NOT GIVING UP A BONUS POINT.

fuck you. I loled way too hard. My child was sleeping. haha

I'd rather China lose for 9 with actual Chinese playing for them rather than Ind and Pak expats like most European teams and USA/Canada. PCB has actually been really supportive for the game's development in China but they need more coaches and investment to get people playing.

many of those are born Canadian.

Window

If you go by Richie Benaud's formula (something along the lines of double the score at 30 overs and subtract 10 for every wicket fallen) then Pakistan is on course to make about 370...

AAK

*Wakes up*... *see's roomates unusually awake for some reason watching a Cricket match*.... *Notices it's supposed to be historical because of the 2 countries playing*....*watches for 30 min*, leaves.

Seriously... the hype between the countries is so overrated. This is so boring. I don't follow this sport all that much, but I am aware since my dad was cricket crazy back when I was a kid. I remember seeing matches with guys like Hansie Cronjie lead his team into some pretty impressive victories against teams when back then there were legends among each squad.

Apparently things have gotten so bad for the game that they had to introduce this "Powerplay" stuff to artificially make things more exciting.

Is there any team right now that holds a candle to their late 90's, early 00's counterparts?

Window

An Asia cup match is supposed to be historical? What

And ODI's are still exciting if given the proper context. The CB series had some really good and close matches.

Back to the current match, the final score isn't bad at all from India's point of view given that massive opening stand.

beast786

This score probably prevented a bonus for india. Means a simple win by BD will put BD/Pak in the Final

It will be a HUGE MORAL VICTORY for india for another bronze medal , back to back.

artist

Banned
An Asia cup match is supposed to be historical? What

And ODI's are still exciting if given the proper context. The CB series had some really good and close matches.
Yeah CB series was very neck-neck, I dont think we've had such a closely fought triangular since a long long time.

Back to the current match, the final score isn't bad at all from India's point of view given that massive opening stand.
Yeah 73/4 in the last 10 overs. Still a massive score to chase.

Window

I always get worried whenever Gavaskar starts singing praises of Sachin. I know it's totally irrational to believe in the commentator's jinx but I just do get anxious.

Edit: I don't get how a commentator can advertise a mobile phone in the middle of a match with a slogan like "for fun loving, dynamic, extroverted and young people" with a straight face.

Damn, another tense game for India. 246/2 chasing down Pakistan's 329. Need another

Sachin looked great today. Good knock from Rohit Sharma and Virat is just great. He is in such a great form.

84 from 61 balls. Go India Go!!!

EDIT: Now it is 54 off 49 balls. Virat Kohli is lightening it up!

Top Bottom