• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

I knew that Kohli is a good batsmen since I saw him at the World Cup last year. I thought he would be more of a standard batsmen that could help build partnerships but man the last few games he played totally showed what a powerhouse he could be.

vs Sri Lanka in Aus - 133 off 86 balls
vs Pakistan today - 183 off 148 balls

He is a beast.

2-India's-Kohli-celebrates-reaching-his-century-during-their-Tri-series-one-day.jpg

On another note, he should have just stayed till the end.

beast786

Great job by pakistan. Clinched the birth to the finals. Mission accomplished.

Hopefully, India can with luck make it to the finals.

beast786

Yes, pakistan should cry cry cry for clinching the final birth. Losing a meaningless game.

What a HUGE MORAL VICTORY FOR INDIA. That would be 2 bronze medal back to back.

Zapages

What went wrong for Pakistan:

Misbah sucks as T20/ODI captain. Plain and simple
Riaz sucks! Take him off the team
Use Hammad Azam as a fast bowler
Practice your damn fielding!!!
Use the youth of the team for new bowlers and batsman
Bat better as well ie the middle of the team needs to bat better and keep the pressure up!
Also Akmal sucks as a keeper!

artist

Banned
  • Kohli's century is his 11th in ODIs and his seventh in chases. Among India batsmen, only Sachin Tendulkar has more centuries (17) than Kohli in chases. The 183 is also Kohli's highest score, surpassing his 133 in India's final group game in the tri-series in Australia. It is also the highest score in the history of the Asia Cup, going past Younis Khan's 144 in 2004.
  • The 183 is the highest individual score in ODIs against Pakistan, surpassing Brian Lara's 156 in 2005. Kohli just missed going past Shane Watson's 185 and is now joint-second with MS Dhoni on the list of the highest individual scores in an ODI chase. Kohli's average in chases (58.40) is second only to Watson's 59.10 among batsmen with 2000-plus runs in ODI chases.
  • Kohli has now scored three centuries and a half-century in his last four ODIs.
  • Among batsmen with 3000-plus runs, Kohli has the third-highest average (50.56) and is behind only Michael Bevan and Dhoni. The number of fours hit by Kohli (22) is joint-fourth on the list of most boundaries hit by a batsman in an innings.
  • India achieved their highest successful chase in ODIs. Their previous highest was the chase of 326 against England at Lord's in 2002. It is also the highest target chased by any team against Pakistan, surpassing Australia's chase of 316 in Lahore in 1998. No team has scored over 300 in successful chases on more occasions than India (13).
  • The 172-run stand between Kohli and Rohit Sharma is the sixth-highest overall for India against Pakistan and their second-highest for the third wicket against Pakistan behind the 201-run stand between Rahul Dravid and Virender Sehwag in Kochi in 2005. It is the third-highest partnership that Kohli has been involved in in the second innings of ODIs.
  • The 224-run stand between Mohammad Hafeez and Nasir Jamshed is the second-highest opening partnership in an ODI defeat
    smiley-laughing001.gif
    , behind the 235-run stand between Herschelle Gibbs and Gary Kirsten against India in Kochi in 2000. The top three opening stands in defeats have all come against India.
  • The partnership between Hafeez and Jamshed is the highest opening stand and the second-highest partnership overall for Pakistan in ODIs against India. It is also the highest stand in the Asia Cup, surpassing the 223-run stand between Shoaib Malik and Younis in 2004.
  • Despite Hafeez and Jamshed scoring centuries, Pakistan finished on the losing side. This is the 21st occasion overall in ODIs and the fifth such result in the last five months. This is also the sixth instance of both Pakistan openers scoring centuries in an innings.
  • Shahid Afridi went past the 7000-run mark in his 341st ODI. Although his average is poor (23.59), his strike-rate of 113.76 is the highest among the players with 7000-plus runs.
  • Wahab Riaz, who picked up five wickets in the World Cup semi-final against India, conceded 50 runs off his four overs. His economy-rate of 12.50 is the third-highest for a bowler from a Test team (excluding Bangladesh and Zimbabwe) after Matthew Hoggard and Lasith Malinga (four-plus over spells).
  • Rohit's half-century is his first in nine innings. In his previous eight innings (after the 95 against West Indies in Ahmedabad), he scored 131 runs at 16.37. Overall, he has 12 half-centuries at an average of 33.23.

artist

Banned
Australia almost bowled out, kept to 154. Windies need 158 in 40 at 4 runs an over, unless Pollard fires its still a tough task.

artist

Banned
Australia almost bowled out, kept to 154. Windies need 158 in 40 at 4 runs an over, unless Pollard fires its still a tough task.
Right on the money. Good win by the Windies over Australia after 5 years.

143732.jpg

This shade of yellow is just so yuck.

artist

Banned
Woah, almost forgot about today's match. Banga on their way, could pull this off.

Looks like BPL improved their ODI game quite a bit ..

Looks like a Bangladesh-Pakistan final is on the cards. Bangla have really upped their game. Hopefully they can continue to perform, even outside the subcontinent.

artist

Banned
From cricinfo

Narayan: "I would love Bangladesh to win this and also the final match. It just pushes their cricket to the next level. Commendable if they make 3 in a row against the Big 3."

Now wouldnt that be a sight to behold.

beast786

• Kohli's century is his 11th in ODIs and his seventh in chases. Among India batsmen, only Sachin Tendulkar has more centuries (17) than Kohli in chases. The 183 is also Kohli's highest score, surpassing his 133 in India's final group game in the tri-series in Australia. It is also the highest score in the history of the Asia Cup, going past Younis Khan's 144 in 2004.
  • The 183 is the highest individual score in ODIs against Pakistan, surpassing Brian Lara's 156 in 2005. Kohli just missed going past Shane Watson's 185 and is now joint-second with MS Dhoni on the list of the highest individual scores in an ODI chase. Kohli's average in chases (58.40) is second only to Watson's 59.10 among batsmen with 2000-plus runs in ODI chases.
  • Kohli has now scored three centuries and a half-century in his last four ODIs.
  • Among batsmen with 3000-plus runs, Kohli has the third-highest average (50.56) and is behind only Michael Bevan and Dhoni. The number of fours hit by Kohli (22) is joint-fourth on the list of most boundaries hit by a batsman in an innings.
  • India achieved their highest successful chase in ODIs. Their previous highest was the chase of 326 against England at Lord's in 2002. It is also the highest target chased by any team against Pakistan, surpassing Australia's chase of 316 in Lahore in 1998. No team has scored over 300 in successful chases on more occasions than India (13).
  • The 172-run stand between Kohli and Rohit Sharma is the sixth-highest overall for India against Pakistan and their second-highest for the third wicket against Pakistan behind the 201-run stand between Rahul Dravid and Virender Sehwag in Kochi in 2005. It is the third-highest partnership that Kohli has been involved in in the second innings of ODIs.
  • The 224-run stand between Mohammad Hafeez and Nasir Jamshed is the second-highest opening partnership in an ODI defeat
    smiley-laughing001.gif
    , behind the 235-run stand between Herschelle Gibbs and Gary Kirsten against India in Kochi in 2000. The top three opening stands in defeats have all come against India.
  • The partnership between Hafeez and Jamshed is the highest opening stand and the second-highest partnership overall for Pakistan in ODIs against India. It is also the highest stand in the Asia Cup, surpassing the 223-run stand between Shoaib Malik and Younis in 2004.
  • Despite Hafeez and Jamshed scoring centuries, Pakistan finished on the losing side. This is the 21st occasion overall in ODIs and the fifth such result in the last five months. This is also the sixth instance of both Pakistan openers scoring centuries in an innings.
  • Shahid Afridi went past the 7000-run mark in his 341st ODI. Although his average is poor (23.59), his strike-rate of 113.76 is the highest among the players with 7000-plus runs.
  • Wahab Riaz, who picked up five wickets in the World Cup semi-final against India, conceded 50 runs off his four overs. His economy-rate of 12.50 is the third-highest for a bowler from a Test team (excluding Bangladesh and Zimbabwe) after Matthew Hoggard and Lasith Malinga (four-plus over spells).
  • Rohit's half-century is his first in nine innings. In his previous eight innings (after the 95 against West Indies in Ahmedabad), he scored 131 runs at 16.37. Overall, he has 12 half-centuries at an average of 33.23.

All that for a Bronze medal.

Those STATS ARE HUGE MORAL VICTORY.

artist

Banned
Watching the reactions, these guys need to perform more like this. Their fans and country deserve it given how much they love and live on it. They are capable but they just dont have the right coaching for becoming more consistent.

Certainly the most unexpected result for the last 5 years or so. Heck no one sane would have predicted this. If you just base it on this series, Banga has been the best team easily. What am I even saying? >.<

beast786

I love how irfan ignores my response exactly when not about india, then as a test when I throw a indian post he response with bitter tears revenge.

His ignore list performance is par with his lovely back to back Bronze medal winning, back to back record breaking 4-0 test match white wash team.

Makes up the fact he has me on ignore. What a little baby.

beast786

bhangra.gif

Bangladesh in the finals.

Poor india. Getting a back to back record breaking white wash not enough.

Now below bangladesh. Another record breaking loss

How low can you go indian cricket team.

artist

Banned
While beast is still prancing around in his nighties, I just got off watching the tied game between Windies & Aus. WHAT A GAME! Very reminiscent of that '99 WC semi final.

Australia will feel lucky to get a tie out of this game, it was WI's bag most of the time.

beast786

If I am prancing around in the nighties for pakistan being in finals.

What are you prancing around in for the Historic Bronze medal?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Tie between WI and Aus. Tie's always fascinate me from a mathematical stand point. In such a usually high scoring game it always seems crazy to end up on the same score.

artist

Banned
143818.jpg

Its good that atleast WI is putting up a fight in the bilateral series, unlike Pakistan who dropped their pants and bent backwards for the poms. Also beast post count after India whipped Pakistan's ass was understanably low, hiding in a corner but suddenly it is high today when Banga wins. TRUE PAKISTANI!

params7

Banned
Now I'll be disappointed if Bangla doesn't win this Asia Cup. They really deserve it, after beating Ind, SL and nearly beating Pak.

beast786

Its good that atleast WI is putting up a fight in the bilateral series, unlike Pakistan who dropped their pants and bent backwards for the poms. Also beast post count after India whipped Pakistan's ass was understanably low, hiding in a corner but suddenly it is high today when Banga wins. TRUE PAKISTANI!

Seriously, he just simply can't be that delusional? I can't even enjoy trash talking with him because he says things so off the wall that makes no sense at all.

I mean really, as an Indian fan you are accusing others about "dropped their pants and bent backward"?

maybe Ian was right about Indian culture.

obviously he knows about the 4 test series, back to back white washes in record fashion ever in the history of cricket with multiple inning defeats, obviously he knows about the one day white wash at England, failure at CB series and now Failure at the Asia cup. Behind Bangladesh for first time ever. Hell, they just bent over in the exact same bilateral series against AUS.

ANYONE here , please help me understand him..... PLEASE.

First he cries about match fixing and Pakistan tradition. Then his own Indian poster reminded him of Azrudin , one of Indian all time captain to be banned for life for match fixing. Then he went on about ball tampering , then again he was reminded about his beloved dravid being suspended for ball tampering

Add to the fact that Pakistan has won every series since the world cup , including white washing #1 test team in the world and now reaching Asia cup final. Only blemish was the ODI series lost to England .

Add to the fact, he has been lying about putting me on ignore, what kind of a child would make up stuff like that. He just happens to only response to me when I am talking about India, yet some how ignores when it's about other teams. It seems his ignore list is as functional as him.

ANYONE, here , can you please explain to me the artist formerly known as irfan?

artist

Banned
Sting! Since no one seems to be responding to beast (dont see any of his quotes), it seems like my posts are doing their intended job. :)
Now I'll be disappointed if Bangla doesn't win this Asia Cup. They really deserve it, after beating Ind, SL and nearly beating Pak.
Yup. Banga train choo choo!

Seriously, he just simply can't be that delusional? I can't even enjoy trash talking with him because he says things so off the wall that makes no sense at all.

I mean really, as an Indian fan you are accusing others about "dropped their pants and bent backward"?

maybe Ian was right about Indian culture.

obviously he knows about the 4 test series, back to back white washes in record fashion ever in the history of cricket with multiple inning defeats, obviously he knows about the one day white wash at England, failure at CB series and now Failure at the Asia cup. Behind Bangladesh for first time ever. Hell, they just bent over in the exact same bilateral series against AUS.

First he cries about match fixing and Pakistan tradition. Then his own Indian poster reminded him of Azrudin , one of Indian all time captain to be banned for life for match fixing. Then he went on about ball tampering , then again he was reminded about his beloved dravid being suspended for ball tampering

Add to the fact that Pakistan has won every series since the world cup , including white washing #1 test team in the world and now reaching Asia cup final. Only blemish was the ODI series lost to England .

Add to the fact, he has been lying about putting me on ignore, what kind of a child would make up stuff like that. He just happens to only response to me when I am talking about India, yet some how ignores when it's about other teams. It seems his ignore list is as functional as him.

ANYONE, here , can you please explain to me the artist formerly known as irfan?

READ OP

Top Bottom