• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

params7

Banned
I don't like Windies winning. Will just make Wicb more cocky and we'll probably never see Gayle in ODI's again (when he's probably in the top 3 current best in the world right now). Step it up Australia.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
He needs to be in but eh, least they are preforming.

Roach to Lee, FOUR, full, quick and Lee inside-edges to the fine leg rope for four
Roach to Lee, FOUR, shot! pitched up again and Lee steps back to blammo a four through extra-cover
Roach to Lee, FOUR, three in a row! Roach is striving for the yorker but it's not quite full enough and Lee spears it through cover. He's taking out his frustrations from Roach's last over
Roach to Lee, SIX, this time his picks up the ball and deposits it back over long-on! That was a ferocious hit, a huge windmilling swing of the arms and the ball flies over the boundary
Roach to Lee, no run, Roach hits back with a bouncer and Lee is forced to curtail his aggression
Roach to Lee, SIX, he connects again with another almighty thrash, flat-batting a six over deep midwicket. Lee the gunslinger is going to go down in a blaze! That's 24 off the over!

Lee's over.

artist

Banned
WI draw the series 2-2 with Australia lol. Vince said that WI would have been more competitive, he's eating his own words now, in a corner some where. And chicko, Australia are indeed Home lions, barely beating SL at home in the finals (overall still got defeated more) and managing to tie with Windies who havent won a home series in 16, 16 fucking years.

beast786

WI draw the series 2-2 with Australia lol. Vince said that WI would have been more competitive, he's eating his own words now, in a corner some where. And chicko, Australia are indeed Home lions, barely beating SL at home in the finals (overall still got defeated more) and managing to tie with Windies who havent won a home series in 16, 16 fucking years.

I wonder how many years has it been since a nation Got white washed 4-0 in test series back to back with multiple inning defeats?

Seeing you are a history guru, please tell us how many years?

artist

Banned
lol I'm assuming beast is bitter even though his team beat Bangladesh in the final by 2 runs.

Or he's defending Afridi physically attacking his fans. No other Pakistani news in the past few days.

Yagharek

What do you mean "I'm eating my own words now"? I was 100% correct. The West Indies are a far more competitive team than India, as proven by this series concluding today.

Good job to see the WI improving overall tbh, Ive missed seeing them at or near the top where they belong.

Anyway, my interest in the tour of the WI is curtailed by the fact there is zero coverage of it where I'm staying atm. But at least you are able to give me updates and reminders of my accurate predictions. :)

artist

Banned
Well I could have said in jest that even Bangladesh could have beaten SL and India consecutively on a subcontinent pitch, something that Australia cant do and I could have been right also? Its easy to spin things around, ofcourse you are never going to admit it. Good times.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Wow @ Morkel's bowling figures. 10 overs 5 wickets for 8 (0.80 econ). NZ 83/5 needing 300+.

Morkel to Vettori, OUT, Amazing stuff! Morkel's been mobbed, five wickets! Another yorker, this time from round the wicket and Vettori was clueless, landed in the blockhole on the off stump and Vettori couldn't get his bat down, the off stump was pegged back

DL Vettori b Morkel 0 (1m 1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

What a spell from Morkel, four wickets now and in walks Vettori. The "last recognised" pair would you say at the crease now?

Morkel to Brownlie, OUT, Morkel, you beauty! If the fielders aren't going to snap the catches, get them out bowled, and that's what he does. Fires in a yorker and that was quick, Brownlie fails to get his bat down in time and that crashes into middle

DG Brownlie b Morkel 15 (64m 45b 3x4 0x6) SR: 33.33

artist

Banned
like a trumpet, lol

Anyways, finally a partnership going for the Black Caps. Still 30 odd overs remaining, so it's SA game to draw.

jambo

You seemed to think you were baiting beast, when all he was doing was posting about wanting to travel to South Africa...

=\

artist

Banned
Omi,

awww-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-169.gif

And fuck Jaya gone on 180.
You seemed to think you were baiting beast, when all he was doing was posting about wanting to travel to South Africa...

=\
That is even more funny.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Sri Lanka 72/5
Lead of 197.
If England can get Sri Lanka out cheaply this could end up being a really exciting game.

artist

Banned
Sri Lanka 72/5
Lead of 197.
If England can get Sri Lanka out cheaply this could end up being a really exciting game.
Lead of 209 now still 5 wickets in hand. 250+ and the game is SL's. Hard to bat in the fourth innings on what is a typically low scoring pitch. Which makes Jaya's 180 all the more special.

Btw, players defending the pitch: http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-england-2012/content/current/story/558975.html

I'm not sure why ICC is interfering on how much a wicket can turn, are they policing pacy and bouncy pitches on how much bounce/pace they offer?

artist

Banned
That sucks. I have family down there, will visit them some time .. every photo of theirs looks like it was taken on a dream movie set.

Aus v WI T20 starting, should be an interesting match up given how little gap has been between the two sides.

Top Bottom