• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

artist

Banned
Strauss gone for a duck, Eng 0/1. Suddenly those 90 odd runs look difficult.
not really but poms are now worried

beast786

Nice to see Pakistan won both series against SL and Eng. Still the only team to White Wash number England.

Also winning the Asia Cup

Great season so far.

artist

Banned
kkR wtf is happening? RR are a good team now? I need to watch more ipl lol
They could be slow starters, will bounce back probably.

Meanwhile Azhar Mahmood is the lone Pakistani player to be playing in the IPL. lol They slammed the IPL door on Pakistan's face.

This Steve Smith is impressing a lot. Nice prospect for Australia.

They could be slow starters, will bounce back probably.

Meanwhile Azhar Mahmood is the lone Pakistani player to be playing in the IPL. lol They slammed the IPL door on Pakistan's face.

This Steve Smith is impressing a lot. Nice prospect for Australia.

political reasons. Imagine if the ipl was in olden days. Imran khan, wasim akram, donald, vaqar yunus, mcgrath all playing in tournament. :O .

KKR is a good team. Although I do not like ghambir at all.

artist

Banned
political reasons. Imagine if the ipl was in olden days. Imran khan, wasim akram, donald, vaqar yunus, mcgrath all playing in tournament. :O .

KKR is a good team. Although I do not like ghambir at all.
Its good reason, 26/11 cant go lightly, remember Pakistan tried lie that Kasab wasnt a Pakistani lol

Donald is in the IPL though ;) Stephen Fleming too.

Yagharek

Damn I didnt even know Australia and WI were playing tests in this tour. Barely got a mention back here.

WI off to a solid start.

Harbhaj and munaf are A level ass holes. I hope they never get to play in international match if they keep this kind of attitude. I do not watch many matched I was watching it today and i felt so bad for umpire. Fuck both of them. Did no one thought them how to behave. Fucking shouting bad words in front of camera don't they know everyone is watching. Cricket should have yellow and red card system.

West indies is doing very good.

Fuck mumbai indians.

artist

Banned
Harbhaj and munaf are A level ass holes. I hope they never get to play in international match if they keep this kind of attitude. I do not watch many matched I was watching it today and i felt so bad for umpire. Fuck both of them. Did no one thought them how to behave. Fucking shouting bad words in front of camera don't they know everyone is watching. Cricket should have yellow and red card system.

West indies is doing very good.

Fuck mumbai indians.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quqp6pp9DN0

I for one am glad he's not in the Indian squad. But then again, having him in the squad has its plus points .. rubbing the opposition off the wrong way.

Tell that to the Aussies and poms.

lol be the better man. I do not care how others behave but bad attitude is bad regardless. I hated cry babies when i played cricket and i hate them now specially when something like this happen. It is one point to appeal but when you get so close to umpire and start talking thrash you crossed the line.

artist

Banned
lol be the better man. I do not care how others behave but bad attitude is bad regardless. I hated cry babies when i played cricket and i hate them now specially when something like this happen. It is one point to appeal but when you get so close to umpire and start talking thrash you crossed the line.
Here's a recent one. Puppy holding up play until he forces the umpire to call it a no-ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ5H8yu5iBM

And I rightfully called him out here. But you know what the GAF Aussies were upset about? Dilshan signalling the boundary as four to the umpire! lol

artist

Banned
(Barely) Home lions Australia imploding in the Carribean :)

Wonder where Salazar is and his reaction on Punter's runout. If there was one obvious deliberate runout, it is this one, Watto why?

tri_willy

hah! nice baiting irfan, i dont always have time to follow cricket however, nice move by clarkey for a declaration and chasing the game... what a game by ryan harris so far, game can still go either way at this stage

artist

Banned
What baiting? Two Aussies showed up, I was right on the money. A few more are probably holding back resisting the urge to post when Australia is on the brink of a victory but were missing when they were on the receiving end for the past 4 days. Class.

artist

Banned
Jeez, that monster six from Pollard. Botha got rocked.

It still got nothing on the 112m match winning six by Dhoni off McKay. :D

midonnay

hanging by our chinning chin chin :p

Roach to Cowan, no run, appeal for a catch at the wicket. Roach goes round the stumps, and this one nips back in from outside off, going between the bat and pad, and kissing the pad on the way. I tell you what, that bat is pretty close too. Remarkable decision by Gould

Roach to Watson, 1 run, anther drop. This time Sammy has dropped Watson at gully. Memories of Sammy's drop of Dravid in Jamaica last year. That cost them the Test back then. This is short and wide, and smoked away, but straight at Sammy, and the ball bursts through his hands

"I don't know why Sammy was upset after that dropped catch, the way he's playing at the moment Cowan is better in than out for the Windies!" Dave, I guess they shouldn't mind 6 off 35

Roach to Watson, no run, huge appeal for lbw, and they are reviewing this too. This one is not bowled from too wide, but it is wide enough to create a big angle. The movement is sharp, Watson is half-forward, and Gould says it has hit him outside the line if it is going on to hit the stumps. And he is spot on. The ball has hit Watson outside the line, and this is the third review Roach has wasted in this Test, although the previous one was much closer

Roach to Watson, no run, left alone outside off this time

Roach to Watson, FOUR, and that hit with the stick might have worked. Short, not too wide, but Watson late-cuts it away for four, coming down on it late

"Wish I could go and hit Watto (Bruce Banner) with a stick. The Hulk within him needs to be unleashed if Australia is to win this!" Ha, Nathan Explosion
End of over 13 (maiden) Australia 32/1
EJM Cowan 6* (35b) DJG Sammy 4-1-4-1
SR Watson 0* (6b) KAJ Roach 4-0-17-0

Sammy to Cowan, no run, dropped. Baugh is standing up to the wicket, and Cowan has edged this while looking to cut. Clear woody sound there. The deflection off the glove falls short of the slips. Sammy has hands on his head. It goes off the webbing of Baugh's glove

artist

Banned
I dont know why Australia is playing like Zimbabwe here .. 9 wickets left. Counter attack and the field will spread. Especially when Windies look like in no mood in getting either a win or a draw.

artist

Banned
From cricinfo

cricinfo said:
Chhabra: "Almost same situation - India Vs WI 2011 3rd Test, India needed 180 from 47 overs to win. India gave up after 94/3 from 32 overs. Interesting to see Australia reponse. Quite similar till now."

So that was a reasonable response from India, 7 wickets left with ~90 runs needed in 15 overs.

cricinfo said:
I mean, when India did it, you could understand it. But, are Australia not going for this chase?

Situation here is 143 runs required from 43 overs at 3.32 runs per over and 9, FUCKING NINE wickets in hand.

Australia RR 2.45
Last 10 ovs 20/1 RR 2.00
smh

midonnay

they only need just about 3 an over to win.....

2.45 seems on target especially with a team known for choking the smaller the total neeeded :p

artist

Banned
Yeah but as cricinfo is pointing out the bleeding obvious thing, light is deteriorating fast.

And cricinfo is having a blast making fun of Australia ..

artist

Banned
Yeah, this is a much better response. Now interesting to see how Windies react.

As per cricinfo, the light might still be good for another 100 minutes. Thats about 15-20 overs.

artist

Banned
Game was Australia's since the Windies collapse yesterday. They made a mess of it in the past session but cake walk from here on. Good thing the weather (light) played nice or else we'd have had a draw by now.

midonnay

its up to the batmens whether they want to play in pitch darkness or not....

not sure why cricinfo is making such a big deal

edit: LMAO...... 3 runs to go....wicket

artist

Banned
Isnt that the umpire's call, player safety and what not? Same as a wet outfield, umpire make the call and not the fielding captain.

artist

Banned
Fuck, Mussey's a goner. Jeez, is this Windies or SA/Eng?

10-15 more runs would have made the Aussie tailenders start twisting pajamas

midonnay

(Barely) Home lions Australia imploding in the Carribean

bhangra.gif

India cricket team looks on in puzzlement

nWEZg.jpg

Away from home win....... How does it work? :)

1288112725853.jpg

artist

Banned
Its over. Great match, except for some goofy moments.

Too many dropped catches though and performance all around werent great.

artist

Banned
(Barely) Home lions Australia imploding in the Carribean
Classy! Showing up while Australia's ahead but were in the hiding when they were behind. Besides, scampering to a win against a weak ass Windies side isnt a great achievement. We all know how the ODI series turned out, lol.

India cricket team looks on in puzzlement

Away from home win....... How does it work? :)
It works like this, a much more convincing win. Damn, didnt want to lay such an epic burn on you but you asked for it.

Yagharek

Damn I didnt even know Australia and WI were playing tests in this tour. Barely got a mention back here.

WI off to a solid start.

4 days later, barely a whisper about the game on local tv. At least it turned out as a competitive game in the end.

Good to see Australia resume winning Tests away from home.

Yagharek

I said the game wasnt covered on tv here aside from morning reports. Not really much to say between then. WI got off to a good start, and maintained that for 3 days.

I know I love seeing good sports being competitive, so a WI win wouldnt bother me. It'd be good for cricket to see them start winning all their home series.

And if I didnt reply you would just keep talking to yourself in this thread.
:p

Yagharek

I think you are underplaying this match quite a bit. The rescue work from the Aussie tail etc.

I cant underplay what I didnt see though, that's my point. WI seemed to have it in control. Aus had a batting collapse, then a few bowlers did well as batsmen and bowlers. But there is zero context beyond those numbers that I can comment on.

Top Bottom