• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

artist

Banned
I dont what the conditions are there down under, but a simple search on youtube or dailymotion will net you the highlights of the days play.

Grug

God, we're not still doing that "you didn't/did show up after a loss/win neener neener neener"shit are we?

Fucking get over it. Are we boys or are we men?

artist

Banned
No, I'm talking about watching a few minutes of highlights reel if you are so concerned (or not). But your (& others) showing up here only on wins slants your image in one direction.

artist dude you remind me of nizar who was on this board. When ever we were talking if i did not answer for few hours or days he would say he won or I do not have answer. When the fact was not everyone is free or on internet posting away. If significant thing comes people will come and talk. Anyways any favorites of IPL yet? Mine will always be KKR due to kallis my hate MI grows everyday.

artist

Banned
artist dude you remind me of nizar who was on this board. When ever we were talking if i did not answer for few hours or days he would say he won or I do not have answer. When the fact was not everyone is free or on internet posting away. If significant thing comes people will come and talk.
Fact is the said posters are here, on GAF, posting else where and hiding face from this thread. I've said this in the past.

Anyways any favorites of IPL yet? Mine will always be KKR due to kallis my hate MI grows everyday.
KKR mainly. DC because they're my home team but they're awful ever since Gilchrist left. Also partly supporting PWI because they're Yuvraj's team and underdogs.

I hate KXIP with a passion, MI & CSK not far behind.

beast786

man, WI is giving Aus all they can handle, I wonder what would have happened if they played against an Asia cup finalist and the power house Bangladesh?

artist

Banned
And .. Azhar Mehmood continues to warm the bench. :D

What a chase from CSK, despite all my hate, I applaud it for their courage. Dat Kohli over was the turning point and man can Morkel hit so cleanly when he does. Hopefully Gayle's calf muscle is alright and he is available for the next games.

artist

Banned
Some classic games already in this IPL. It has been a low scoring one thus far and has been fantastic. Shame that Chargers are the punching bag again this season, they dont seem to catch a break.

That last over sweep six by DeVilliers was ZOMG beauty .. even Ganguly praised it. Oh and one of Gayle's 5 consecutive sixes broke someone's nose in the crowd.

Cricinfo said:
Vettori: "We needed this one and it's a great momentum shift to do it under these circumstances. We've tried to maintain our fielding and it held us in good stead tonight. It's great for the team and good for the balance of the side is AB. He is arguably the best batsman in the world"
Ganguly: "I thought 183 was a good total, but the last over was a bit expensive. The scoop over short fine from AB was a brilliant shot. We're playing well, these things happen. Hope we'll bounce back."
Gayle is the Man of the Match for his 81.
Gayle: "Nehra and Dinda got the ball in the right areas initially and we lost Dilshan. I tried to hang in there a bit. I looked to accelerate and that big over came and it put us back in the game. There was a lot of pressure. I'm actually sad that one of the sixes hit someone in the stands and broke their nose. This win, hopefully, will give us the push in this tournament."

artist

Banned
Clarke the Puppy scared of Sammy the tailender .. LMAO. If it wasnt for the bad light, we would have had a nice result to this game. There is still an outside chance of a result.

10.5 Beer to Sammy, no run, 83.5 kph, Huge, never-ending, blood-curdling appeal as Sammy pads up. This is pitched outside off, has held its line, and Sammy has kicked it away. Beer wants this reviewed. Clarke says nothing doing
Cute.

artist

Banned
Aussie checked in, yup Australia on top.

Btw, where is Haddin? Not even playing in the IPL yet but is rumored to join KKR .. does he need a psychologist like Ryder?

artist

Banned
So Australia finish off the WI tail but there were a few sweats to be had when Sammy and the no.11 started swinging around .. it's such a shame that WI dont play their full strength (for one reason or another). Imagine having Gayle, Bravo, Pollard, Narine into the team and they could have easily beaten this Australian side.

In IPL, Daredevils crushed Mumbai today. That switch hit six from Pietersen was sweeter than Warner's at SCG. I'll post the highlights link once they are up on the official site.

Window

Michael Clarke has been having some seriously awesome performances in everything (with the bat, ball, game tactics) since he became captain. I don't remember much about Ponting's early days as captain so can't compare but those of you who know, who do you think is better (within the timeframe)?

The IPL is a lot of fun to watch, I usually keep it on in the background at home or at work. Excellent stuff to watch without having to dedicate my full concentration.

artist

Banned
Both players caught on tape are former ICL players (surprise, surprise) and which heavily featured Pakistani players. Influence is definitely paying off! Atleast this wasnt done on an International level .. oh wait, it was a few years back in England!

Hopefully all the fuckers involved get their asses banned for life unlike the shameful Pakistani cricketers who got off light handed and got love stories to boot, haha.

lol, what a tradition. Azrudhin will be proud.

at least the Indian cricket fans can be proud that it's national team didn't lose to Bangladesh .

Should you really be throwing stones in that glass house of yours?

Spot-fixing seems to be rampant in the subcontinent. :(

pappe

After seeing the complete turnarounds that have happened in each game in the IPL, anyone with half a brain can make out that the results are already fixed.

No surprises.Its a shame.

artist

Banned
Should you really be throwing stones in that glass house of yours?

Spot-fixing seems to be rampant in the subcontinent. :(
:lol

Hahaha. fair play mate.
Not really. When was the last time there was fixing by an Indian cricketer? When was the last time there was fixing by a Pakistani cricketer?

Besides that, the claims of fixing seem to be really limited to a few players, most of whom have come over from Pakistani cricketer-heavy ICL.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/564890.html

The rest of the "sting" appears not to be about fixing but rather players violating their contracts with the franchises. Anyway, atleast the suspects have been swiftly taken away from the field, something that cant be said of PCB and Pakistani cricket. :lol

:lol

Not really. When was the last time there was fixing by an Indian cricketer? When was the last time there was fixing by a Pakistani cricketer?

Besides that, the claims of fixing seem to be really limited to a few players, most of whom have come over from Pakistani cricketer-heavy ICL.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/564890.html

The rest of the "sting" appears not to be about fixing but rather players violating their contracts with the franchises. Anyway, atleast the suspects have been swiftly taken away from the field, something that cant be said of PCB and Pakistani cricket. :lol

mate, stop trying to down play this. Whether they were delt with swiftly or not, they are still cheats.

artist

Banned
mate, stop trying to down play this. Whether they were delt with swiftly or not, they are still cheats.
Not downplaying the cheats, I'm all for punishment, severe punishment. Hell, I've said earlier and will say that any fucker found guilty of cheating should be banned for life, no second chances.

With that said, we'll see what comes out of this. The sting operation has found all players were former ICL players (two could be coincidence but all of them?) and the sting operation focuses more in the contractual cheating and not really match-fixing.

This is no where even close to what transpired in England two years back. If found guilty it could be similar to that of Danish Kaneria (lol) and Mervyn Westfield. The lols are still on the Pakistani Intl cricketers.

artist

Banned
After reading a bit more, I think the spot-fixing allegations are far fetched, atleast from the (lack of) evidence shown by the sting video. The bigger issue as I had suspected is that the players were seeking higher salaried deals which would have violated their contracts with their respective franchises.

Btw, today's game was a cracking one even though it didnt go down to the last ball. It was the perfect bowlers v batsmen pitch. And Narine, gosh what a find he is ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGNXixn3KZ4&hd=1

He was ranked more effective than Malinga and the commentators were saying Ajmal in comparison was like piece of cake to pick. No one has yet been able to pick this guy. Highest wicket taker, economy rate of 5.25 and highest strike rate .. jeez.

Window

I have no idea what cricketers are involved or even what the whole story is and what evidence is present. I do however know that this has been uncovered by "India Tv", pretty much the worst news channel I have ever come across with about 60% (yes that's just a made up number, but seriously the amount of nonsense on their is ridiculous) of its stories having no basis in reality (from what little I have seen of it in my visits to India and from pretty much who I've talked to living there) so I'd be a little skeptical. But hey who knows maybe this legitimate and they're moving up in the world.

Noting related to cricket but I can not watch indian news for 5 minutes. The format is horrible. They are constantly shouting and looking for crazy things. They keep showing horrific video in detail again and again.

artist

Banned
Just another reconfirmation on how premature the accusations of spot-fixing were, too bad few Pakistanis got carried away :lol

Harsha Bhogle said:
The India TV "sting" this week, where players were caught on camera allegedly attempting to negotiate more lucrative IPL deals for themselves, was, I'm afraid, tame and misleading. There were some issues there that deserved airing, but they were concealed by the theatrical, incessant self-promotion of the TV channel in question. Cricket needs to be careful of those who write film-style dialogues and those who over-dramatise.

And so, in a typically Pavlovian response, far too many people are screaming match-fixing. Or its cousin, spot-fixing. The greater issue in this sting - if you were patient enough to get to it - was the realisation that many players get paid more than they are entitled to. And that's because there is a ceiling on how much uncapped domestic players can earn, there are some naughty money transfers going on.
More

artist

Banned
In IPL news, KKR won yesterday (YES!) and is in the final now. Hopefully CSK gets knocked out today and KKR wins the final.

This was a nice moment at the end of the match.

145858.jpg

artist

Banned
Perfect.

In other news Pakistan is still looking for a host country for their series against Australia. SL already slammed the door in PCB's face. India *might* host given Pakistan's pathetic conundrum right now. :lol

Perfect.

In other news Pakistan is still looking for a host country for their series against Australia. SL already slammed the door in PCB's face. India *might* host given Pakistan's pathetic conundrum right now. :lol

India would be stupid to knock back the chance to watch the two best test teams in the world right now.

It will be a long wait before India are back up there again.

Top Bottom