• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
:lol FUCK, ge Tait off he gonna kill someone :lol fastet ball of the night second ball, christ hes awesome, dont need to hit the wickets or get catches just hit the batter onto the stumps :lol

Dizzan

MINI Member
It still dumbfounds me how bracken isn't a test bowler. We could;t take 20 wickets in any of the tests. He's a tight bowler who takes wickets.

Tait? :lol :lol He's out of control

Grug

Bracken has been tried at test level and failed, he was utterly ineffective against India in 2004.

If there is no swing, he has very few tricks up his sleeve, especially with an old ball or a dead pitch.

His only other real trick is his change of pace, but that is also much less threatening at test level because batsmen can be a lot more conservative with their shot selection.

Doesn't have raw pace, a good bouncer or the consistent line and length to pin a batsman down for very long.

He's a good bowler when he has a newish ball and a batsman playing plenty of shots... i.e he's a limited over hero, but will never be a test player.

Grug

Game over.

52 run win probably flatters the Australians a bit.

Apart from Warner no other Aussie had an impact with the willow. South Africa were well in it till Duminy's dismissal.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Good stuff, lots of talent, thought we didnt have an answer for Duminy in the wings but Warner its well on his way, excellent batter.

Australia win YAY, another one in a couple of days as well woop, i forgot it was Sunday...... shouldnt have had 10 beers :(

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Grug said:
Game over.

52 run win probably flatters the Australians a bit.

Apart from Warner no other Aussie had an impact with the willow. South Africa were well in it till Duminy's dismissal.

Same with South Africa though.

Grug

Hayden has retired.

I'd hope the general cricketing public doesn't have short memories when they reflect on his career.

Matty has been an absolute champion for Australian cricket, one of the greatest openers in our cricketing history (possibly the greatest) and a true warrior. Take a bow Haydos.

8624 runs at an average of 50.74 is just phenomenal for an opener.

master15

Yeah read the news just now. I sort of have mixed feelings I was telling a friend right after the Sydney win he had to go. He really battled through the South African series and he really looked out of sorts. Even when he hit a couple of those crisp drives we've come to know, he would look immediately shaky right afterwards, it's clear he either wasn't seeing or picking up the ball as quickly as before and through mixture of other reasons really suffered.

I'm glad he's taken the position to go now, and for all of his detractors out there he's been central cog right at the top for setting the tonne on how Australia did, especially in recent times. It's no secret the two series we've lost Ashes 05 and South Africa, Hayden really struggled.

Funnily thinking about his career, I seem to recall his heroics in the most recent world cup. Just the sheer hunger to score runs and set those massive opening partnerships and basically dominate attacks was awe-inspiring. He will be sorely missed and remain a fantastic player.

By the way is the 20-20 in few hours?

tri_willy

Grug said:
Hayden has retired.

I'd hope the general cricketing public doesn't have short memories when they reflect on his career.

Matty has been an absolute champion for Australian cricket, one of the greatest openers in our cricketing history (possibly the greatest) and a true warrior. Take a bow Haydos.

8624 runs at an average of 50.74 is just phenomenal for an opener.

its a shame his batting average doesnt quite do justice to his peak performances however he remains as one of the best openers in the game. well done on a magnificent career haydos, too bad it couldnt go out on a better note. a fully fit and in-form jacques would be the ideal replacement in my books, the guy's first class record speaks for itself.

Grug

Duminy is going to take international cricket by storm.

As for South Africa as a whole... they just don't seem to get what this format is about... neither do I. :lol

Grug

157 not a bad total considering the slow start by the Proteus.

Tribute to Haydos time, then the Warner show begins.

In saying that, it wouldn't surprise me to see Warner hole out for a very low score. Poor kid is under the weight of substantial hype.

tri_willy

whoa dropped catch from duminy and white makes him pay for that! with 4 consecutive 4's and almost a 5th, too bad that last shot off the over was tired looking

master15

santouras said:
ah maybe he's not that good :)

Cricket the great equalizer, one moment you can take one of the best catches you will ever see, moments latter can be made to look very ordinary. That's what it's such a beautiful game :)

Mr Cricket hitting the middle of the bat, a relief to some of us.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Noice, good win, tight game, good fun.

Think someone was shining a laser light in that dudes eye when he missed the catch, not Duminy, the other one.

santouras

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:

Think someone was shining a laser light in that dudes eye when he missed the catch, not Duminy, the other one.
yeah I thought I saw some green flashing in the replay as well. not good

tri_willy

the 19 y.o. parnell. i'll be surprised if the offender gets away with that

He was missin it anyways, didnt have the reach, was more an attempt though didnt see it near his eyes, was on the field and cheek i think.

Yeah true, it was just shown on nine news. Don't know what they were saying though.

santouras

tri_willy said:
the 19 y.o. parnell. i'll be surprised if the offender gets away with that
I'll be surprised if they find the guy. High powered laser devices can be bright as from hundreds of metres away, and its not like there was only a couple of people at the Gabba last night.

Grug

santouras said:
I'll be surprised if they find the guy. High powered laser devices can be bright as from hundreds of metres away, and its not like there was only a couple of people at the Gabba last night.

Yeah, not a hope in hell of finding the bloke.

tri_willy

aussies recovering from a sluggish start after hussey's dismissal currently 1/47 (10). ponting looking ok, marsh a bit sluggish

master15

This powerplay will be vital in how competitive of a total Aussies are able to post. They really need to get 250 plus.

Edit: Finally some boundaries are coming!

Grug

South Africa have this well under control.

Duminy has really been the thorn in our side on this tour. I'd be annoyed, but he's just so great to watch.

master15

Dman is out. Aussie have a sniff here all of a sudden.

Still Saffers should walk this home with wickets in bag and powerplay still unsed.

Top Bottom