• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Some of the guys in India on a conference call today were talking about how Gayle tore shit up, after watching the highlights they were certainly correct. Goddamn he has an incredible output in the IPL.

params7

Banned
mbmyT3g.jpg

gayle.png

lol'd at this on facebook feed

3UgmXtC.jpg

jbug617

Banned
Just noticed on Comcast that they replaced Neo Cricket with Willow. Willow seems to show more series than Neo Cricket so I'm happy for that.

B.O.O.M

Aww yeah :D Feels like I find a new reason to like gaf more every day these days. First it was a Portland official thread and now this

BIG Cricket fan here. Sri lankan but living in the US for now

On cricket side of things, I'm a bit tired of IPL now...can't wait until Champions Trophy starts

tri_willy

Good to see some old fashioned spot fixing.

if true, then sreesanth has got to be the biggest cunt around

kiwis sure giving the english a hard time in this first test. im wondering why vettori's not playing? did he retire from tests/demoted???

B.O.O.M

Spot fixing...one of the ugliest things in sports ever. I mean it's not like IPL isn't a well paying gig or anything either. Greedy bastards

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
India 308/6 (50 ov)
Australia 37/6 (13.1 ov)
only a warm-up match but amusing nonetheless.

Update: 65 all out...

artist

Banned
India 308/6 (50 ov)
Australia 37/6 (13.1 ov)
only a warm-up match but amusing nonetheless.

Update: 65 all out...
Wasnt much better today either. Cricinfo rightfully calling this side one of the worst Australian sides ever.

I still hope for the sake of competition and hope the Ashes is closely fought rather than another whitewash.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Wasnt much better today either. Cricinfo rightfully calling this side one of the worst Australian sides ever.

I still hope for the sake of competition and hope the Ashes is closely fought rather than another whitewash.

Me too. I'd hate to have waited in anticipation for so long only to have another insipid display from the Aussies.

artist

Banned
All games have been consistently good and close except the Eng v Aus game. Hopefully ICC learns from this and keep the World Cup format in the same vein rather than walk over matches were one side is completely outclass and humiliated by the other.

With that said, nice fight back by SL. I saw the first half and though NZ would easily chase it down and I was completely wrong there. Looking forward to Pak v SA game tomorrow, not sure how much I can watch it given there are so many events scheduled for tomorow (Microsoft E3 conf, Apple WWDC etc)

artist

Banned
What a game. Congrats boys, truly deserving of the No.1 tag. Salut Dhoni, you keep surprising me.

But dont forget the big farcical scheduling by the ICC, if there was a washout today, there was no reserve day. Even the fucking league matches had a reserve day. Fuck these flying old wig wearing good for nothing hags.

Window

What a game. Congrats boys, truly deserving of the No.1 tag. Salut Dhoni, you keep surprising me.

But dont forget the big farcical scheduling by the ICC, if there was a washout today, there was no reserve day. Even the fucking league matches had a reserve day. Fuck these flying old wig wearing good for nothing hags.

Yeah that's an absolute joke.

Great game when it (finally) did get going.

params7

Banned
Stay proud Dhoni. India is a fantastic side right now. I'm glad the selectors also had the nuts to drop Sehwag/Gambhir for younger talent which is in form could play. India need to keep this attitude up.

tri_willy

CA taking the mickey out of arthur. boof lehmann to replace him. amused at this decision because boof used to be at loggerheads with the aussie cricket board

Top Bottom