• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

An Indian mate at work was jumping out of his chair as India v Pakistan will be at the Adelaide Oval. Should be a good one to go check out.

artist

Banned
actually it is better to be group b.

4 qualify to next round and they can't play each other until finals. So yes, it's tough but actually easier path to finals .
Not sure if it's a easier path to finals when you are going up against England, Australia (Aussies at home will still be tough) & NZ in the second stage. Unless you top the group B against an already tight group and hope Bangladesh squeeks through at 4. :p

SA got this.
:lol

I agree. I wouldnt mind a Pakistan win, '92 WC was my first WC I watched completely live.

An Indian mate at work was jumping out of his chair as India v Pakistan will be at the Adelaide Oval. Should be a good one to go check out.
They've increased the seating capacities of the stadiums to ~50k right? Should be fun.

artist

Banned
Wow, that was a close but face-saving series for Pakistan. Was Zim really that good? They got whitewashed by the B Indian side .. I guess Zim brought their A game against Pakistan.

beast786

Wow, that was a close but face-saving series for Pakistan. Was Zim really that good? They got whitewashed by the B Indian side .. I guess Zim brought their A game against Pakistan.

Our batting is absolute horrid. Bowling can only bail you out for so long.

plus the team selection politics.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Watching the Eng v Aus ODI match on tonight. Johnson looks good with a couple quick wickets. 9/2 in reply to 315.

beast786

At the end I was actually cheering for Zimbabwe. see them jumping over each other , that is what passion all about. Congrats Zimbabwe

artist

Banned
At the end I was actually cheering for Zimbabwe. see them jumping over each other , that is what passion all about. Congrats Zimbabwe
I dunno (about cheering for Zim), mainly because one win and they'll forget all that is wrong with their cricket and the problems wont be addressed.

Kallis retired, was bound to happen eventually I suppose.

:p

lol. that honor is reserved for Don. sachin should have retired right after world cup win. He was amazing in his prime. My favorite innings of his is from sharjah cup against Australia. shit was crazy.

you will be remembered as one of the greatest sachin and best indian batsman of all time.

artist

Banned
Kesavan can fuck off.

It's ungrateful jealous snobs like this thats the problem with India. He doesnt note that while Tendulkar's average dropped, he was still one of the top 3 scorers in the Indian team .. smh.
Holy shit! India chased 360 in 43.3 overs against the Aussies (for the loss of just one wicket). Stunning job lads!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013-14/content/story/679829.html
Walk in the park.

Though I feel for Bailey. He's a much better captain and doesnt have that snark that comes with Clarke.
Kallis scored zero on his birthday :(
His birthday gift to me! <3 :)

Kallis should retire, his averages have dropped too.

Kesavan can fuck off.

It's ungrateful jealous snobs like this thats the problem with India. He doesnt note that while Tendulkar's average dropped, he was still one of the top 3 scorers in the Indian team .. smh.

Walk in the park.

Though I feel for Bailey. He's a much better captain and doesnt have that snark that comes with Clarke.

His birthday gift to me! <3 :)

Kallis should retire, his averages have dropped too.

muhahha muhahahahha

kallis batting

The article was to the point. I love tendulkar too but he should have retired on top because that is what he deserved.

kmag

Some quality umpiring in this Australia India game not. Finch was unlucky to be given out LBW (it wasn't) and Watson's LBW was one of the poorest decisions I've seen in a while, the LBW call literally had nothing going for it. Those two wickets completely changed the game.

Window

The article was to the point. I love tendulkar too but he should have retired on top because that is what he deserved.

That article can only be considered good in light of it's timing and other ex-cricketers saying Tendulkar retired at the right time, not sure why one would expect something differernt from them. His point about Tendulkar's fall in performance in the past two years...well no shit, pretty much everyone's been asking for his retirement over those years with many wondering if he should have retired on a high after the WC and why he's still chasing 100 hundreds etc. Not really something which hasn't been brought up again and again before. As for when Tendulkar should have retired, he should retire based on how long he feels he can contribute to the team and how long he enjoys the game, not how his 'legacy' will be affected. It's the selectors job to decide if a player is not up to par anymore if the player is not honestly able to make that assesment themselves (which they often won't be able to).

kmag

Some quality umpiring in this Australia India game not. Finch was unlucky to be given out LBW (it wasn't) and Watson's LBW was one of the poorest decisions I've seen in a while, the LBW call literally had nothing going for it. Those two wickets completely changed the game.

May as well just have Dhoni umpire this game, he actually got the Indian umpire to change a 100% nailed on wide call there. The umpire signaled wide, Dhoni gave him a hard stare and the umpire waved off the decision. Absolutely ridiculous.

artist

Banned
May as well just have Dhoni umpire this game, he actually got the Indian umpire to change a 100% nailed on wide call there. The umpire signaled wide, Dhoni gave him a hard stare and the umpire waved off the decision. Absolutely ridiculous.
So much salt. Did you miss the part where the batsmane tried to switch hit?

I don't understand why Ishant Sharma is still persisted with.
Sentimental value.

kmag

So much salt. Did you miss the part where the batsmane tried to switch hit?

Sentimental value.

Funny enough all the commentators thought it was a wide, cricinfo thought it was a wide, it was a wide. So did the umpire, until the Indians convinced him otherwise. The umpire was fucking appalling all day.

artist

Banned
Pakistan has to be the most bipolar team in cricket history.

Swept England when they were number 1.

broke SA 2 year winning (unbeaten strak) when they are number 1.

Lost to Zimbabwe

/:
This is so true.

They beat SA in the first test comprehensively and the second test is a joke so far. 99 all out.

Funny enough all the commentators thought it was a wide, cricinfo thought it was a wide, it was a wide. So did the umpire, until the Indians convinced him otherwise. The umpire was fucking appalling all day.
I guess they also missed the switch hit. Doesnt make it right, keep on whining.

siddhu33

This recent game...how can you give away so many runs in the last 10 overs?

Sharma gets Virat Kohli out, and just makes two hundreds, one for his teammate, and one for himself!

Yagharek

What did they do?

Mocked imitation limping like Watson was doing.

Yup, that's about the only thing Aussies can whinge about when you get outclassed in such a big way ..

You need to learn the difference between classy play and classy character. India played classy, but they show very little class or sportsmanship when they resort to mocking someone who is injured.

As George Bailey said, learning how to win can sometimes be harder than learning how to lose.

artist

Banned
You need to learn the difference between classy play and classy character. India played classy, but they show very little class or sportsmanship when they resort to mocking someone who is injured.

As George Bailey said, learning how to win can sometimes be harder than learning how to lose.
You also need to learn to keep your whinge from blinding your vision. There was ONE Indian cricketer who mocked Watson and that was Dhawan. Not players. Raina got hit on the shin and got a swelling the size of a golf ball.

This is all funny though, especially coming from Australians. :) THE definition of class and sportsmanship in world cricket. ;)

As as I said earlier, please continue the whining as that's about the only thing you can complain after losing.

that was not classy
You misunderstood. I meant outclassed as in outperformed and won the game.

Top Bottom