• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

bomma_man

Batting collapses in a heap

Drop batsman for another all rounder

All rounders bowl about 6 overs between them

????

Congrats to Sri Lanka though, magnificent spin bowling.

Browny

Banned
The change of mindset that came with the new players is obvious too. Great innings - but it's the consistency with which they're scoring 300-350 plus that bodes well.

Just watched the highlights of the England - Pakistan one dayers so far, England looking strong. Its been a good series this summer. The test matches were close and interesting to watch, played with a good spirt. One day matches are a bit one sided. Stokes is the man when it comes to catches.

At least Australia seem to be doing ok in the quicker formats. Maxwell with the 2nd highest international T20i score and Australia with the highest international team total and equal highest of all time with an IPL game a few years back.

Tough listening this for a Somerset fan.

Contrived results in circumstances such as this are absolutely disgraceful. Middlesex could've batted more aggressively. Yorkshire could've set the field more aggressively. Instead they both go conservative and then agree to put the batsmen in to bowl. Disgraceful.

wachie

Australian consistency.

JfUUJkz.png

Rezbit

Certainly haven't been watching the cricket, but have followed the results. Australia's performances haven't been news really over here, but I think people will be in for a rude shock in the summer. The team has massive problems with both talent and culture.

Less than a week till the summer!

Commentary changes:

- Outs: Brayshaw (Idiot), Lee (Idiot) and Hussey (Didn't have it)
- Ins: Clarke (Maybe), KP (Should be fun) and maybe Waqar Younis for the Pakistan tests.

Rezbit

I would absolutely be in favour of more diversity in the Nine commentary box, Waqar Younis would be a great start. Lets get Pommie Mbangwa out here for SA too.

Michael Clarke I'm really not sure about. Definitely seems knowledgeable about the game, but all the stuff coming out about pretty much every player under him not liking him, interesting.

Waqar's an idiot, as is Ramiz. Wasim doesn't even watch the Pakistan team so he's useless too.

The only good Pakistani commentator is Bazid Khan but he's not a big name and has the most boring monotonous voice ever so he won't get picked up by Channel 9.

Obligatory spunking everywhere about Misbah post:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-west-indies-2016-17/content/story/1063755.html

Misbah is going to go past Imran Khan for most tests as Pakistan captain later today. He's already won 10 more tests than Imran and has the highest batting average amongst all Pakistan captains.

Of captains who have batted more than 75 times in tests, only Brian Lara has a higher average than Misbah's 55.38.

And of course, the most important stat -

In the 6 years before Misbah, Pakistan's win loss ratio was 0.54.
In the 6 years under Misbah, that win/loss ratio is 1.71.

If it wasn't a biological and physiological impossibility, I would have that man's children.

Uh oh, looks like Steyn has broken down.

Also if Kerry Packer was still in charge he would have immediately gotten on the the phone and sacked Mark Nicholas!

It's all gone Marsh-shaped.

Smith pretty stiff by the sounds of it.

Smith took 2 steps down the pitch and played a shot but was still given. He was out, just, but no other umpire would ever have given it out. An Aleem Dar special, he could give you out LBW in the changeroom probably correctly as well!

You really have to wonder for how long Australia is going to carry a 6 and 7 averaging in the low 20s. It's unprecedented. Starc has a better average than those two clowns and he's a better stroke maker.

Give the gloves to Cam Bancroft and bat him at 6 and at 7 either Maxi or Hilton Cartwright. Nevill and MMarsh need a long re-education process in the shield.

Yagharek

I hope they stick with the current order. I'm bitter at Cricket Australia taking tests away from bellerive so a double series loss at home would be a great thing to see.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You really have to wonder for how long Australia is going to carry a 6 and 7 averaging in the low 20s. It's unprecedented. Starc has a better average than those two clowns and he's a better stroke maker.

Give the gloves to Cam Bancroft and bat him at 6 and at 7 either Maxi or Hilton Cartwright. Nevill and MMarsh need a long re-education process in the shield.

CA selecting on merit?

Craziness!

I hope they stick with the current order. I'm bitter at Cricket Australia taking tests away from bellerive so a double series loss at home would be a great thing to see.

I on the other hand am happy they dumped Bellerive as it means Test Cricket at Manuka! There has been 12k or less for the first two days here, they would have got that at Manuka easy.

Yagharek

I on the other hand am happy they dumped Bellerive as it means Test Cricket at Manuka! There has been 12k or less for the first two days here, they would have got that at Manuka easy.

Why should NSW effectively have two tests? 12k is more than most NRL games get.

And there's nothing wrong with smaller cricket grounds. Lords has 30k capacity. South African grounds range from 20k-30k. West Indies grounds hold 10-20k. Bellerive oval is a fantastic place for cricket and hosts a lot of sheffield shield so why not keep tests there? Because CA are cunts.

Why should NSW effectively have two tests? 12k is more than most NRL games get.

And there's nothing wrong with smaller cricket grounds. Lords has 30k capacity. South African grounds range from 20k-30k. West Indies grounds hold 10-20k. Bellerive oval is a fantastic place for cricket and hosts a lot of sheffield shield so why not keep tests there? Because CA are cunts.

I'm all for it to be shared around, that's the point. No ground should have outside of say the MCG, SCG and maybe Adelaide Oval get a guaranteed test every year. The rest should be up for grabs on a rotating basis. Canberra, Newcastle, The Gold Coast, Cairnes, Darwin, wherever else etc...

Smith might miss the Hobart test if he is charged with dissent after getting out. It would be his 2nd in a year meaning a 1 test ban.

Top Bottom