• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

MMarsh did get a corker in the first innings. Barely 130 km/h and dead straight, it would have gotten far worse players out. Maybe some under 10s.

bomma_man

Theoretically it shouldn't be difficult to chase here - even a massive total given that steyn's out - but I wouldn't trust anyone but smith and Warner as far as I can throw them, and even then...

Yagharek

Australia 1/52 after Warner run out.

That means SA is into Australia's tail end.

edit: 2/52. If only Australia still had reliable batsmen like Mitchell Johnson and Ryan Harris.

wachie

Smith took 2 steps down the pitch and played a shot but was still given. He was out, just, but no other umpire would ever have given it out. An Aleem Dar special, he could give you out LBW in the changeroom probably correctly as well!
I thought crying about DRS was only reserved for indians, I was wrong.

News for Hobart:

Burns in for SMarsh (Broken Finger)
Mennie in for Siddle (Old, slow and not enough bananas)
Cartwright in for MMarsh (
Lol no, MMarsh will play 100+ tests for Australia
)
Bird as 12th even though he can't bat. He'd probably fit right in about now.

bomma_man

The real news for Hobart:

kCrLf8z.jpg

The definition of insanity: giving hobart tests in fucking November over and over again.

Yagharek

Day 1 of the secnd test between S Africa vs Australia.

Australia lose two openers within first two overs. Once again the tail is exposed too early.

Yagharek

Channel 9 going with classic catches by Mitch Marsh, Shaun Marsh and Mark Waugh in a desperate attempt to appease the sponsor add some sunshine to a glum summer.

Top Bottom