• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Grug

Holy shit @ Shahid Afridi. I'm not watching the game but he must be getting some major turn in Dubai.

Absolutely ripped us a new asshole. Big loss coming.

Amazing shit.

Bring back Ponting! :lol

Grug

tri_willy said:
FUCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!

what an unprecented bowling innings from afridi. total buttfuck there

With no lube.

Hopes and Hilfy hanging on to desperately bump our total from "absolute unmitigated disaster" up to merely "eye-wincingly embarrassing".

tri_willy

168. guess its still shithouse but decent effort by hopesy. if the aussies pull this one off, then its the pitch's fault. do not want hauritz getting any wickets for that matter

will never get tired of watching gilly bat.

Grug

tri_willy said:
168. guess its still shithouse but decent effort by hopesy. if the aussies pull this one off, then its the pitch's fault. do not want hauritz getting any wickets for that matter

Would be pretty hilarious if Hauritz couldn't get the ball to turn on this pitch.

Along with Scott Muller... Hauritz must be the biggest spud to ever wear the baggy green cap.

Grug

tri_willy said:
is that scott mueller, the guy who "cant bat, cant bowl" guy??? :lol

Yeah got his name wront, edited. :D

"Can't bowl, can't throw" I believe was the comment. Classic Warne (we all know it was him). :lol

Debuted in the same game as Adam Gilchrist if I remember correctly.

artist

Banned
tri_willy said:
gibbs out, now the deccan innings just got half boring with the appearance of laxative man
He didnt last around long though :lol Rohit Sharma continued the good work from Gilchrist. However Deccan wont reach 200 now that both of them are gone. Deccan should easily win this game unless some miracle happens.

artist

Banned
irfan said:
Afridi making a mockery out of Australia, love it! :D
He didnt last long but made the chase a cakewalk in the end. Australia under "Pup"py is like Ponting's team minus 5 notches. :lol :lol :lol

Valiant effort by Bangalore, especially by Dravid (orange cap back!) and Kohli. Who'd have thought Dravid would be so valuable and in T20! Shock and awe.

artist

Banned
102700.jpg

tri_willy said:
epic win by rajasthan!!! all hail yusuf!!! :D :D :D
Yeah. Also picking Mendis for the Super over was pure bull. It doesnt take that much to figure him out, he needs to adapt (I've said this so many times already) or just get mauled like today.

Raut's 18 off the last over also helped the cause. Shame on Ganguly for this loss, though he was the only one who kept KKR in the chase.

This year RR dont have that charm. I'm liking DC or DD more.

irfan said:
Raut's 18 off the last over also helped the cause. Shame on Ganguly for this loss, though he was the only one who kept KKR in the chase.

Yeah, it was an unfortunate dismissal, but I don't see how he should take any blame when it was only him and Gayle keeping the KKR innings alive. If anything, McCullum shouldn't have played himself in the Super Over.

irfan said:
This year RR dont have that charm. I'm liking DC or DD more.

I'm still liking the RR charm. Warney is bowling fantastic, and the cojones of him picking an 18 year-old to bowl the last over and the Super Over back-to-back was immense. If they make it to the finals, I think they'll win, since Watson will be back from the ODIs.

Also, good to see the old Afridi back. This is the year of comebacks. (see: Dravid in the NZ tour and the IPL; Haydos also showing he's not dead)

artist

Banned
Tim the Wiz said:
Yeah, it was an unfortunate dismissal, but I don't see how he should take any blame when it was only him and Gayle keeping the KKR innings alive. If anything, McCullum shouldn't have played himself in the Super Over.
In hindsight, I'm sure even Ganguly thinks he should've gone for two runs instead of trying to heave it over the off side. But yeah it was unfortunate for him and KKR.

I'm not a big fan of McCullum's captaincy so far .. picking Mendis against Yusuf was a bigger fallacy IMO.
Tim the Wiz said:
I'm still liking the RR charm. Warney is bowling fantastic, and the cojones of him picking an 18 year-old to bowl the last over and the Super Over back-to-back was immense. If they make it to the finals, I think they'll win, since Watson will be back from the ODIs.

Also, good to see the old Afridi back. This is the year of comebacks. (see: Dravid in the NZ tour and the IPL; Haydos also showing he's not dead)
Warne has been hyping up Kamran Khan before IPL begain, internally he's regarded the most difficult bowler to hit against thats why he went with Kamran. Another win by DC today. :)

In UAE, Symonds finally comes to the party. He's also a player that can boost DC (even more) after this series.

tri_willy

poor effort by the aussies against pakistan. not sure if the pitch was shit for batting but still a crappy effort imo. another win by the chargers, maybe its their year? laxative man plays another shitty innings

artist

Banned
tri_willy said:
poor effort by the aussies against pakistan. not sure if the pitch was shit for batting but still a crappy effort imo. another win by the chargers, maybe its their year? laxative man plays another shitty innings
Yeah, DC are the team to beat this season.

I'll draft the top 4; DC, DD, CSK & RR. From there on, its anyone's cup. Pretty much unchanged top 4 from last year save for Punjab's place owned by DC.

The teams I really dislike are Punjab & CSK.

master15

tri_willy said:
poor effort by the aussies against pakistan. not sure if the pitch was shit for batting but still a crappy effort imo.

Huh?! Didn't they win? This sucks I am missing out on all the IPL and other action.

Watching Raja roll everyone last year was fantastic to see, I am hoping Warney can lead them well again.

artist

Banned
master15 said:
Huh?! Didn't they win? This sucks I am missing out on all the IPL and other action.

Watching Raja roll everyone last year was fantastic to see, I am hoping Warney can lead them well again.
Um, he posted right after Australia crawled to 197, which wasnt a par score. At that stage all Australia needed was a Pakistan collapse which happened.

To paraphrase Geoff Boycott, Pakistan play absolutely brilliant or absolutely terrible. They have no middleground and do not know what consistency means. They have the most talented players unfortunately they suffer from all sorts of things.

master15

irfan said:
To paraphrase Geoff Boycott, Pakistan play absolutely brilliant or absolutely terrible. They have no middleground and do not know what consistency means. They have the most talented players unfortunately they suffer from all sorts of things.

Uh that's nothing new that's been happening for years now. Same could be said to a lesser degree about India a few years ago but they are finally stringing it together.

That's why I'm always impressed with Sri Lanka. Sure on an individual bascis they don't match up with most Pakistan or Indian teams but typically they work a whole lot better as a collective unit.

tri_willy

master15 said:
Uh that's nothing new that's been happening for years now. Same could be said to a lesser degree about India a few years ago but they are finally stringing it together.

That's why I'm always impressed with Sri Lanka. Sure on an individual bascis they don't match up with most Pakistan or Indian teams but typically they work a whole lot better as a collective unit.

that would say a lot about the captain and the team dont you think??? but yea, good to see the aussies notch that win up somehow but it wasnt a great deal satisfying

master15

tri_willy said:
that would say a lot about the captain and the team dont you think???

Well I think it also has to do with politics not playing such an integral role with the game unlike Pakistan or India who are constantly second guessing themselves with regards to decisions on and off-field. I mean sure they've had problems but not nearly to the same extent and I feel they've been one of the better countries in terms of adopting and incorporating foreign and outside knowledge.

And yes it was nice to see Aussie win. 3 wickets and 50 by Pup, suddenly haters are momentarily silenced ;)

artist

Banned
master15 said:

India doesnt suffer from poor infrastructure. Pakistan's is virtually non-existant. Maybe the local infrastructure of crickets minnows may be superior than the one in Pakistan.

Um, Jayasuriya, Sangakarra, Muralitharan, Vaas etc. are among the biggest names in world cricket. I think they deserve more than being called less talented.

master15 said:
And yes it was nice to see Aussie win. 3 wickets and 50 by Pup, suddenly haters are momentarily silenced ;)
Well on a good day even Yuvraj's lollipops earned him 4/6 .. Sure every once in a while he may get lucky but the fact remains that "Pup"py is easily the most selfish player of this decade. (On top of being the biggest whiny bitch on the field)

Back to IPL, RR in spot of bother. Yusuf again coming to the party and taking Vettori for a couple of sixes. Game on. :D

irfan said:
India doesnt suffer from poor infrastructure. Pakistan's is virtually non-existant. Maybe the local infrastructure of crickets minnows may be superior than the one in Pakistan.

Um, Jayasuriya, Sangakarra, Muralitharan, Vaas etc. are among the biggest names in world cricket. I think they deserve more than being called less talented.

Have to agree, Sri Lanka has evolved from the 90s era side that contained a single genius player.

irfan said:
Back to IPL, RR in spot of bother. Yusuf again coming to the party and taking Vettori for a couple of sixes. Game on. :D

Yusuf Pathan. I am in awe. What an innings. What a victory. Graeme Smith finally turned up to bat. too. If RR can just keep holding on 'till the finals like this...

artist

Banned
Didnt get a chance to follow the last few games, catching up by watching the highlights. I watch them here: http://www.cricket-highlights.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Watching the KKR v Punjab game right now. Hodge is the lone star in KKR .. just short of owning the orange cap in a team that has put up the worst performance this season. McCullum is (borrowed from You're Fired! episode) the dementor of this team, sucking the life and energy out of the whole team.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
wish they'd put the replays on 10 at like 4am atleast... I don't have one on all my tv's and i've only been able to catch like 2 games because of it :(

artist

Banned
Dissappointing day today for me, both my teams (DC & RR) lost today. DC should've won after Symonds got them to 168. :/ Not a fan of Gilly's captaincy in this game either.

artist

Banned
DC won against RR today, I was backing them. :D Ideally I'd like DC to win the finals but if not then RR.

Meanwhile Pakistan made a complete mockery of Australia in the only T20. :lol

tri_willy

1.6 Nannes to Gilchrist, 1 wide, bouncer banged in on middle, too high and concedes a wide
The ball is lost, such was the venom in the shot. The run-chase is on folks. Stay rooted.

:lol

tri_willy

wtf is with a couple of the exclusions and inclusions in the aussies 25 man contract list!!! unfucking-believable. fuck you selectors for having hauritz in there!!!

artist

Banned
tri_willy said:
1.6 Nannes to Gilchrist, 1 wide, bouncer banged in on middle, too high and concedes a wide
The ball is lost, such was the venom in the shot. The run-chase is on folks. Stay rooted.

:lol
Man I was such a sad panda when DC threw that match away. :( x 100

IMO, that last over from Vaas, Ravi (slow) Teja cost that match for DC.

master15

There's actually been one or two pretty good games Grug I have to say. What a win by RR, it was edge of your seat type stuff.

Seeing Warne out-bowl a few top drawer batsmen like Tendulkar will never get old, no matter the format.

However Gayle's can kindly STFU after his comments re test cricket.

master15 said:
Seeing Warne out-bowl a few top drawer batsmen like Tendulkar will never get old, no matter the format.

It was a beautiful moment because we'd already seen Tendulkar charge Warne for a lofted shot to the boundary on the offside earlier. Such a great battle between two masters.

master15 said:

Eh, I don't think he has to do any such thing. He's been pretty clear in representing his comments as personal, rather than declarative statements. For him, Test cricket isn't the most important form of the game. I don't think he needs to be punished for being honest.

Now, is that stance - as captain of his country's Test side - going to be a further detriment to the performance of his camp throughout their Test series with England? I should think so, even if the man himself delivers the results with the bat. However, you can't fault him on that point completely either, because he's also been quite clear that he doesn't want to captain the side anyway. Should he resign? That's really a matter for the WI selectors, and they're already in the process of grooming potential successors. Rushing Gayle's exit from the job could be an even worse detriment to the side.

artist

Banned
Grug said:
When does the real stuff start again? ;)
The real stuff has been going on all the time, just open your eyes and come out of the rock under which you've been living.

master15 said:
There's actually been one or two pretty good games Grug I have to say. What a win by RR, it was edge of your seat type stuff.
Actually this season, there are more close games than we saw last year. RR v KKR, the super over, DC collapse against DD, Taylor v KRR (81 off 32 balls), yesterday's game and I think I missed may be 4-5 other really close games that were decided in the last 5 minutes of the game.

master15 said:
Yeah, one of the rare occasions where Warne came out on top. Contest was great though.

master15 said:
Strauss should also shut the fuck up. Test player whining about T20, he needs a pacifier.

Btw, the last over from yesterday's game: http://www.megafilelinks.com/tv/index.php?id=60018100f94f5807/

tri_willy

irfan said:
Man I was such a sad panda when DC threw that match away. :( x 100

IMO, that last over from Vaas, Ravi (slow) Teja cost that match for DC.

major chokage from deccan. fucking ravi teja the slow ass bitch cost them the game

artist

Banned
tri_willy said:
major chokage from deccan. fucking ravi teja the slow ass bitch cost them the game
Damn they gave this guy another game .. and to top that they brought in fucking Harmeet Singh. Ugh.

artist

Banned
irfan said:
Damn they gave this guy another game .. and to top that they brought in fucking Harmeet Singh. Ugh.
I called it, fucker gave away too many runs. Gilchrist gone :( hopefully some one takes DC through to the finish line.

artist

Banned
tri_willy said:
what a fucking win by the chargers!!! as many times have the knight riders choked losses on the last ball.
Yeah. Whoever calls this "not real" cricket can go suck on _______.

Mashrafe Mortaza for KKR is $650,000 worth for losing this game. Cant defend 21 off the last over, might as well go back to the drawing board and start from scratch all over again. Buchanan and his posse should be fired to Pluto where all of them can leech off some other wealthy sucker.

Top Bottom