• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Grug

Who is ready to call a draw? :lol

r786ls.jpg

mclem

Tim the Wiz said:
Good assessment. Strauss is slotting the bad balls away comfortably. Cook, otherwise, looks decidedly horrific. Doesn't England have better openers than this guy?

To be fair, he has just overtaken his *entire* score from the last Test, so well done to him there. Not that that was all that big a target.

Grug

Far out.

Who is more *facepalm*?

Johnson or Cook.

Australian and English cricket supporters both have their head in their hands this over.

tri_willy

wow wtf at johnson throwing pork pies... honestly, a fit lee or clark can coming knocking on the door for the next test if mitchy boy bowls another shit spell

mclem

Grug said:
Australian and English cricket supporters both have their head in their hands this over.
I have the blissful ignorance of someone who only has a scorecard in front of them. We're doin' A-OK!

Salazar

Façade said:
Cook is technically very poor and is always fighting his weaknesses. Strauss is a much improved player, and though not a particularly eye-catching to watch, he is effective and has been in great touch since he got the captaincy. So I can't see Cook making many runs this series, but Strauss will.

Quoting to keep the premature judgement afloat in the thread, until such a time as it attains comic - instead of merely preposterous - status.

Salazar said:
Quoting to keep the premature judgement afloat in the thread, until such a time as it attains comic - instead of merely preposterous - status.

I think you're being overzealous. The pitch is lifeless. Johnson's poor bowling has inflated Cook's figures, and he almost got himself out early. Technically deficient, but decent stroke-player sounds right. I truly doubt you'll see consistently good scores from him throughout the series unless this innings is the beginning of a marked improvement. Not the worst selection in the world: he's a young developing player, with a decent record, who could be a valuable asset to the England side if he improves his technical ability.

Salazar

Tim the Wiz said:
I think you're being overzealous. The pitch is lifeless. Johnson's poor bowling has inflated Cook's figures, and he almost got himself out early. Technically deficient, but decent stroke-player sounds right. I truly doubt you'll see consistently good scores from him throughout the series unless this innings is the beginning of a marked improvement. Not the worst selection in the world: he's a young developing player, with a decent record, who could be a valuable asset to the England side if he improves his technical ability.

Well, this series will provide anomalous conditions for any assessment of him if the Australian attack put in more sessions like that one.

I like him, I think he'll do well in this match, and I appreciate his building a foundation for Kev to come in and bat like a nutcase.

tri_willy

crap i wont be able to watch the rest of the first day's proceedings. il have to check the progress at work 2moro... :(

GO YOU AUSSIES!!!

tri_willy

ahhhh martyn... your fall from grace continues... :lol
sorry i wont be able to watch the game any further from here. do your best for aussie gaf grug & co.!!! its "likely" the aussies will kick ass when i go to bed, new job has me changing my sleeping pattern big time!!! gnite guys

Grug

tri_willy said:
sorry i wont be able to watch the game any further from here. do your best for aussie gaf grug & co.!!! its "likely" the aussies will kick ass when i go to bed, new job has me changing my sleeping pattern big time!!! gnite guys

Night mate.

santouras

ow, serious ow. bad dislocation to hauritz. One the one hand, hope he's ok, on the other hand, hope we get a better bowling option :lol

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
tri_willy said:

:lol Starting to look like the best place to be atm.. thank god for the footy show...

Grug

speedpop said:
C'mon England!

*rargh rargh*

Something about media overhyping

*rargh* *rargh*

Australian team arrogant

*rargh* *rargh*

How can a guy who has a problem with the 'arrogance' of the Australian cricket team support Carlton. ;)

There has never been a team so blatant about cheating and so proud about it.

Wouldn't blame him. After all, some things are more important than a game of cricket. :D

Edit: And just like that, Johnson nabs Cook in his tepid 90s.

Grug

Deadset... we may be lucky and salvage a draw out of this, but we don't deserve to. With bowling like this we deserve a humilating defeat.

No pressure whatsoever.

We finally get a wicket, but its far too late.

Grug

Players haven't even lifted after the wicket. You feel that they know they've almost lost their grip on this one already.

Switching to the Tour for a while . :|

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Grug said:
*rargh rargh*

Something about media overhyping

*rargh* *rargh*

Australian team arrogant

*rargh* *rargh*

How can a guy who has a problem with the 'arrogance' of the Australian cricket team support Carlton. ;)

There has never been a team so blatant about cheating and so proud about it.
Never said anything about arrogance, I just love to rile you guys up ;)

Top Bottom