• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

mclem

Cant0na said:
Onions was not out. the Australians couldnt get him, he's like rambo, he survived

Dont they have cheerleaders? they show like the pitcher walking back and the batter tapping the ground talking with the other one(lol) in between balls...........whats the point? show some bouncing tits

Lesser sports have cheerleaders. Cricket has TMS.

Pachael

Ponting out. At this rate the Aussies (10/2 now) will be lucky to get to 200?! ;p

Now Ponting and Hughes have scored less than Anderson.

Salazar

legend166 said:
What the hell, junior.

At first I was like "what the hell, Gillespie was dropped because he was bowling crap, not because he drunk too much." Then I realised you were talking about Symonds. Symonds was born of parents from the Caribbean.

His adoptive Dad taught me French. Good bloke, but Symonds Jr is a proper git.

Pachael

Cant0na said:
so? they wont play if it rains? what about the people in the stadium who paid to get in?

They wait, eat chips and have some beer till the covers come off. A bit like tennis, actually. Baseball'd continue.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
An aussie just won the tour stage too! (well an aussie pretending to be a German)

Good partnership building here, time for a midnight snack then in for the long haul.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Syth_Blade22 said:
An aussie just won the tour stage too! (well an aussie pretending to be a German)
Only because cycling was absolute bollocks over 10 years ago when he left the country to pursue a professional career in it - something that Europe embraces and has general respect for cyclists on the road. He will be representing Australia at the World Championships next year though.

Pachael

speedpop said:
Only because cycling was absolute bollocks over 10 years ago when he left the country to pursue a professional career in it - something that Europe embraces and has general respect for cyclists on the road. He will be representing Australia at the World Championships next year though.

Haussler seemed to have no motivation to run as a German for next year's worlds though :lol

mclem

tri_willy said:
just saw a replay of ponting's dismissal... what the fucking fuck umpire!? are you fucking blind????

General consensus appears to be that the reason for dismissal was wrong, but it still should have been out due to lbw. At least, reading the beeb's liveblog.

Façade

Neo Member
tri_willy said:
just saw a replay of ponting's dismissal... what the fucking fuck umpire!? are you fucking blind????

Oh come on. He was wrongly given out caught behind but he was out lbw anyway, so in the end the decision to send him back was the right one.

Pachael

irfan said:
He had an Indian curry. :D

Maybe that's what the team had as they're having indigestion with the batting (139 for 5). The English bowling is either getting better, or the batsmen are sucking harder - Clarke out for 1, Ponting for 2, Hughes for 4.

We'll be lucky to get anywhere near 250.

Façade

Neo Member
And all the aussies have gone quiet in here :lol

Great job from England, finish them off early tomorrow and lets put them back in!

legend166

We've gone quiet because it was 3am when this was all happening :p

Terrible batting performance. I had a look at all the wickets, and there were some terrible shots in there.

Pachael

That's why you don't play for a draw or expect it to. The team is batting worse than Anderson (on average) now ;p

North 0 Johnson 4 Clarke 1 Ponting 2 Hughes 4

Anderson 29, 4-36.

:lol

Pachael

Pachael said:
Maybe that's what the team had as they're having indigestion with the batting (139 for 5). The English bowling is either getting better, or the batsmen are sucking harder - Clarke out for 1, Ponting for 2, Hughes for 4.

We'll be lucky to get anywhere near 250.

Can't bat, can't bowl. Australia all out for 215. England lead by 210 runs, how embarrassing for the batsmen. :lol

Salazar

Jeff Albertson said:
Australia's bowling is awful, I can't play cricket and I could keep my wicket intack against them

Yes, these are curious times when Brett Lee's discipline and control are missed.

I would have enforced. Odd decision.

Grug

Wasn't able to see any of day 2, didnt miss much. :(

With all due respect to England on what I am sure was a good bowling performance, but that is just an unacceptable batting performance by Australia. Most of our batsmen are just clearly suspect under pressure. When our openers fire and the pressure is off, we look unstoppable, but when the pressure is on, no one puts their hand up.

A defeat at Lords is what we deserve.

Bring in Brett Lee and Stuart Clark by the way. Need bowlers who can bowl to a line and length when required.

Rezbit

Grug said:
Wasn't able to see any of day 2, didnt miss much. :(

With all due respect to England on what I am sure was a good bowling performance, but that is just an unacceptable batting performance by Australia. Most of our batsmen are just clearly suspect under pressure. When our openers fire and the pressure is off, we look unstoppable, but when the pressure is on, no one puts their hand up.

A defeat at Lords is what we deserve.

Bring in Brett Lee and Stuart Clark by the way. Need bowlers who can bowl to a line and length when required.

Which bowlers would you drop? You can't pick my boy Hilfy, he's the leading wicket-taker so far!

Grug

tri_willy said:
ffs aussie bowlers getting spanked left right and centre... will the rain save us now???

Nup. Pretty sure Richard Branson (aka the British Hank Scorpio) has a weather machine to fuck us with. :lol

Pachael

Amazing how the game turns and now it's the Aussies who want the rain. Will there be time wasting theatratics or will England put them out of their misery? Stay tuned!

Grug

Pachael said:
Amazing how the game turns and now it's the Aussies who want the rain. Will there be time wasting theatratics or will England put them out of their misery? Stay tuned!

That finger of Hauritz's is going to need plenty of physio attention at the crease. ;)

In all honesty though, I think it will be over by lunch on the fifth day at the latest. Just can't back our team to withstand the pressure at the moment.

Thank god the Lions beat Fremantle last night. If they lost, the combined depression between that and this test match would have buried me. :/

Façade

Neo Member
Pachael said:

Oh, the irony!

We've set ourselves up so well now, if we bowl with the discipline we bowled with in the first innings we should win comfortably. I'm looking forward to seeing you aussies weep :lol

Australia have an outside chance of pushing the draw if they can replicate the South Africa of last year and the weather helps them along. Ponting would have to stand up, though. It seems like no-one else can when Katich and Hughes falter.

Façade

Neo Member
Tim the Wiz said:
Australia have an outside chance of pushing the draw if they can replicate the South Africa of last year and the weather helps them along. Ponting would have to stand up, though. It seems like no-one else can when Katich and Hughes falter.

True, apart from perhaps Hussey, who will always grind whether he's in good nick or not in these kind of situations.

Top Bottom