• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

Grug

Aus win by 170 runs.

Hauritz is really becoming a valuable contributor. I was one of many who thought a year or so ago that he was one of the most ordinary cricketers to ever wear the baggy green. He is not a star by any means, and doubt he ever will be, but he's really starting to play a role now.

Not just keeping it tight, but getting wickets.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Axion22 said:
I need to watch cricket with a person that knows the sport. Who lives in San Diego?

Its not that complex..... more so than baseball and stuff but its easy to learn. You would probably pick up most of the rules just by watching a game............ can be about 8 hours of play on a single day so you should pick it up.

Anyways good win.

tri_willy

Grug said:
Aus win by 170 runs.

Hauritz is really becoming a valuable contributor. I was one of many who thought a year or so ago that he was one of the most ordinary cricketers to ever wear the baggy green. He is not a star by any means, and doubt he ever will be, but he's really starting to play a role now.

Not just keeping it tight, but getting wickets.

i too share that same sentiment about hauritz, but he seems to be playing his part in the team... unlike a couple of others

on other news, wow at england ripping the saffers a new arsehole

Grug

Woeful batting by Australia. You have to laugh really. :lol

This side can be really weird at times.

We are either all great at the same time, or we all fall apart together. Need more Steven Waugh types who can dig in when things get tough.

Dizzan

MINI Member
They really needed to only be a few down at the end if the day to take advantage of the pitch which should be great to bat on tomorrow. Pontings logic in batting first was probably that he didn't want to bat last on a cracking scg pitch.

legend166

This is rubbish. I knew this would happen, it always does. Any movement and our batting lineup falls like a house of cards. This is what happens when they grow up playing on flat tracks. Flat track bullies.

Grug

idahoblue said:
Been watching NFL all day, I see I have missed another great day in the field by Australia. :lol

Yeah, got up early myself to watch the mighty Dallas Cowboys shut out the Philly Eagles then went back to bed. :D

<3 holidays.

santouras

anyone who put money on pakistan at around $6 at the beginning of play yesterday will be smiling like a cheshire cat right about now

Grug

Only a Pakistan batting collapse as bad as England vs West Indies a couple of years ago can save us now.

Well played Pakistan.

Dead Man

Grug said:
Only a Pakistan batting collapse as bad as England vs West Indies a couple of years ago can save us now.

Well played Pakistan.
Yeah, they earned it. Australia was terrible when it mattered, and Pakistan have been good each day so far.

tri_willy

middle order fail once again... its about time some of the aussie batsmen starting playing for their careers. well done on pakistan performing

Grug

Grug said:
Speaking of new talent, I am getting in early on the Mitchell Marsh bandwagon. He is the son of Geoff and brother of Shaun and has been absolutely dominating at club level and has just been added to the Western Australian squad and he is only 17. This bloke WILL be an elite international batsman, I am making the call now. He is a complete athlete, and would have definitely gone in the top 15 of the 2009 AFL draft but made the call to stick with cricket instead.

Just a quick self-congratulatory bump here... but geez Mitch Marsh has come on well at first class level in the year since I posted this.

The next big thing. Get on the bandwagon!

Dead Man

Fuck, been out all day, they won?! :lol Epic collapse by Pakistan. I sort of wish we had lost, now I think the top order will stay complacent.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Yeah definitely think we should have lost, not for that reason though, i think they know they fucked up big time and would have improved win or lose. Pakistan should have won just to make it interesting in Sydney.... and they have been in a huge slump so it would have helped them with confidence.

That said the field placement this morning from them was awful, i dont think it was entirely Yousuf's fault though, reckon the upper echelons gave him some advice.

Grug

Wow, amazing comeback.

I'd be more excited but too bummed out that a green tree frog that I rescued this morning couldn't be saved by the vet.

So bummed. :(

Grug

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
You took a frog to the vet?

:lol

Yeah man. Beautiful big green tree frog. Poor guy had been attacked, had its leg broken and was dehydrating on my doorstep.

What else could you do?

stonedwal

Honestly thought Pakistan was going to clinch it. Was a good contest in the end; there was a lot of sloppy cricket but a few good performances. I think Pakistan would have cleaned up if their fielding was up to scratch - not just Yousuf's field setting but catching - Danish and Kamran in particular.

Australia need to make a few changes to the lineup - while the Windies and Pakistan have been putting up more of a fight than expected, it's pretty clear that the team isn't as strong as it has been. Shane Watson has probably been the highlight of the summer though (excusing the duck in the Gabba test).

Personally I think Michael Clarke and Marcus North need to go - Clarke has had a long run of below average performances and North has been miserable with the bat and put down a few easy catches. You could put Katich in at North's spot and keep Hughes as an opener - not sure who you'd put in Clarke's spot, but I doubt they'll drop him since it's obvious they're grooming him to be Ponting's successor.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Grug said:
Yeah man. Beautiful big green tree frog. Poor guy had been attacked, had its leg broken and was dehydrating on my doorstep.

What else could you do?

Probably crush its head, quick and easy, out of its misery. Tonnes of em here, occasionally step on one when the lights are off.

Norths been bit down and out but everyones been out of form.... besides Watson, when he is in he makes it look like a piece of piss to bat. Clarke theres probably no chance of dropping him......

Grug

Probably crush its head, quick and easy, out of its misery. Tonnes of em here, occasionally step on one when the lights are off.

It looked very savable at first. It was only its completely broken arm that made the vet decide he couldn't be saved.

They are really rare around here these days, and I love frogs. My girlfriend is the same. We took it to the goddamn vet, and I'd do it again! :p

tri_willy

north and clarke are looking very suspect at the moment. i would like to see mitch marsh added in here just for the sake of a youngin playing. even dussey is not a bad call up, saw the guy grabbing subway in town. guess they were prepping up for the twenty20 bash in adelaide haha

legend166

Before this summer Michael Clarke had been our best batsman along with Katich for the last 2 years. Over 2007, 08, and 09 he averaged 55. No way he deserves to be dropped for one summer where he's averaged 42, which isn't even all that bad.

So yeah, no way in hell does he deserve to be dropped.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

God 7pm Project is retarded, Ponting "We only made 127 but they only made 139", 7pm Project douche bags "Hur hur hur cant Ricky count hur hur"............ everyone else "Umm thats not how Test Cricket works."

Dead Man

Got 7pm Project is retarded, Ponting "We only made 127 but they only made 139", 7pm Project douche bags "Hur hur hur cant Ricky count hur hur"............ everyone else "Umm thats not how Test Cricket works."
What's the hell? Did they really not get how test cricket works?

Got 7pm Project is retarded, Ponting "We only made 127 but they only made 139", 7pm Project douche bags "Hur hur hur cant Ricky count hur hur"............ everyone else "Umm thats not how Test Cricket works."

Ain't that the truth. I don't think there's one Australian television show I'm looking forward to this year, except East/West 101, The Hollowmen, The Pacific (if it counts) and maybe AFP (should be good ol' fashioned propagandist fun). Okay, more than one, but still pretty bad.

Top Bottom