• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

snaildog

irfan said:
I'm here, got to give me time to wake up. I'm not like you cowards missing from here when NZ was white washed by Banga for frick.
We don't care about that one-day stuff. All about tests for NZ.

irfan said:
I'm here, got to give me time to wake up. I'm not like you cowards missing from here when NZ was white washed by Banga for frick.

:lol :lol

I am an Indian fan as well. Just wanted to see one of your earnest postings.

Grug

whatsinaname said:

I expect an Irfan apology to New Zealand fans is forthcoming in light of this.

Seriously irfan, time to move above the really pathetic national generalisations.

If all people are interesting in is joining in the "Your country's supporters are *insult offensive insult* herpa derp!" game, can't they just go to the comments page for any cricket video on YouTube where that sort of feralness is rife.

About time we try and elevate this thread to a place where people can actually discuss cricket in a semi-dignified manner. The lack of activity in this thread lately is no surprise. It's hardly a welcoming environment, nor filled with interesting insight.

Let's lift our games. Everyone can play their part by ignoring the baiters. Eventually they'll go away.

master15

The 2nd ODI against Sri Lanka proved we really, really are awful at death bowling and cleaning up the tail.

There is glimmer of hope Brett Lee can be back, hopefully make a stab at making WC squad.

whatsinaname said:

:lol Oh dear...

artist

Banned
whatsinaname said:

Then the bait was uncalled for in the first place. ;) The false accusations must stop, I'm here regardless of an Indian win/loss which cant be said for the most of the guys from down under if their loses.

Just for my Aussie buddies;

124160.jpg

jambo

Grug said:
Interesting to see Merv Hughes dropped from the Australian selection panel.
I work at the law firm Andrew Hilditch was working at for the last few years. Was always strange seeing him in the paper or on the TV.

legend166

Grug said:
It's just a game. When did it suddenly get so bloody serious.

Gambling is killing professional sport.

I hate it. It's seeped into every sport. It's depressing hearing Richie Benaud read out odds.

Oh for the good old days when sport was only sponsored by alcohol and cigarettes :lol

Grug

legend166 said:
I hate it. It's seeped into every sport. It's depressing hearing Richie Benaud read out odds.

Not to mention when you are with a group of mates watching a game of anything and one of them is waffling on constantly about his multibet... what odds he got, what he needs to happen etc... ugh..

Salazar

Grug said:
Not to mention when you are with a group of mates watching a game of anything and one of them is waffling on constantly about his multibet... what odds he got, what he needs to happen etc... ugh..

:lol

I think Tony Greig and Bill Lawry pretending to give a shit about CSI Miami was pretty dreadful.

snaildog

Well, this series has been a pretty good contest against too well-matched teams. Just the batting practise our boys needed after those Bangladeshis.

We have worked out most of the Indian batsmen pretty well, except Laxman (who is just that good) and the two sloggers, which is annoying.

snaildog

Look at how smart he can be

Daniel-Vettori-555.jpg

with this week's bunch of muppets to bowl with, on a flat deck. Tendulkar, Dravid, Dhoni, Raina and Gambhir no match for Harry Potter so far.

Dropping a bad bowler for an even worse bowler. That should remedy the overall mediocrity of the test team - job well done selectors! :lol

On Cameron - a good bowler, but how did he get the Aus A gig over his NSW teammate Trent Copeland? Copeland is probably the best bowler in Australia atm.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
CharliePants said:
Dropping a bad bowler for an even worse bowler. That should remedy the overall mediocrity of the test team - job well done selectors! :lol

On Cameron - a good bowler, but how did he get the Aus A gig over his NSW teammate Trent Copeland? Copeland is probably the best bowler in Australia atm.

Good haul a few weeks ago, 11 wickets or something in a 4 day test.

Kryten

I agree with your assessment - after our disaster against Bangladesh I know *I* wasn't expecting much fight from us at all so the first two tests were quite gratifying, even if India weren't really putting on their A game. At least normal transmission resumed for the third.

How come there's not much Ashes talk going on?

Grug

Kryten said:
How come there's not much Ashes talk going on?

I've been cheating on this thread and have been discussing cricket on BigFooty instead. :lol

Will be at the Gabba on Friday for Day 2. Taking my dear old dad, looking forward to it.

ashes prediction: Aussies win 2-1.

Im not confidant though. Im looking forward to the office banter with so many Poms at my work at the moment.

Finally its here!
Our chance for redemtion!

Thank God we have a series just about cricket again.

No dodgy umpiring without a UDRS, no match fixing allegations, no team claiming they are undeniably the best cricket nation on the back of a couple of good months of cricket. No racist chants to players. No interferance from either nations cricketing boards.

This is the series all others wish they could be. There is only one Ashes, and there will only ever be one. In the end, this is the only series worth worrying about and worth winning. Any Australian or Englishman will tell you the same.

Bring it on!!!

GaryD

On my way to the gabba now. Weather looks better than the last few days. Still a good toss to lose I'd say. Ball should move a bit early so hopefully the Aussies don't bat first or we could be four for by lunch ;)

Go Aussies!

edbrat

chicko1983 said:
Thank God we have a series just about cricket again.

No dodgy umpiring without a UDRS, no match fixing allegations, no team claiming they are undeniably the best cricket nation on the back of a couple of good months of cricket. No racist chants to players. No interferance from either nations cricketing boards.

This is the series all others wish they could be. There is only one Ashes, and there will only ever be one. In the end, this is the only series worth worrying about and worth winning. Any Australian or Englishman will tell you the same.

Bring it on!!!

amen Brother!

come on England, lets fucking stuff them :D

DeSo

Banned
This is going to be such an interesting days play. Hell even the toss has me intrigued, I hear the Gabba pitch is a little green.

Anyway, carn Aussies.!

legend166

An hour to go.

Can't believe they picked Siddle ahead of Bollinger. Pathetic that when you look at the team, Doherty in for Haurtiz/Clark is the only change made from the 09 Ashes.

Pretty pathetic.

I'm almost thinking the only way Australia can win the series is if they lose at the GABBA and it forces the necessary changes for the rest of the series. If we win here it's only going to be off the back of an England choke and everyone will think everything is back to normal and we're the greatest. Similar to Lords 2005.

Anyway, come on Aussie!

P.S. Please everyone, put irfan on ignore like I have so we don't have him stuffing up this thread.

Omikron

legend166 said:
An hour to go.

Can't believe they picked Siddle ahead of Bollinger. Pathetic that when you look at the team, Doherty in for Haurtiz/Clark is the only change made from the 09 Ashes.

Pretty pathetic.

Not that I rate Siddle, but some of Australias mistakes have been taking in injured/underdone players into matches of late.

Bit worried about Clarke and his dodgy back.

Top Bottom